Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Let's Get Slovenly on Terrell's Sound World

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 2, 2013 11:41 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This Sunday, April 21, on Terrell's Sound World I'll be joined by Pete Menchetti of Slovenly Recordings, a bitchen punk/garage label based in Reno, Nevada and Amsterdam (!)

Slovenly has released records by the likes of Billy Childish, The Reigning Sound, The Black Lips Wau & Los Arrrrghs!!!, The Spits, Livids (featuring Eric Davidson of New Bomb Turks). Los Vigilantes,  Hollywood Sinners and more.

I wrote about a Slovenly sampler a few years ago in Terrell's Tune-up. CLICK HERE (and scroll down)

As always, the show starts at 10 pm Mountain Time on Sunday. Folks here in northern New Mexico can listen at 101.l FM on your radio dial, and it'll be streamin' at ya, screamin' at www.ksfr.org.

And even before then you can listen to -- and, if you want to do something rash, BUY -- some Slovenly sounds at the label's Bandcamp page.  I'll embed some Livids below.

Tune in Sunday night and don't forget to END YOUR WEEKEND ROCKIN'

(previous post)

In case you missed my live interview with the one and only Question Mark of Question Mark & The Mysterians, you can listen to it here through the magic of Mixcloud.

The actual interview starts about 20 minutes into the show following some hard thumping garage rock (including some of the bands I saw at The Detroit Breakdown at Lincoln Center in New York in 2010 -- where I saw Question Mark & The Mysterians for the first time ever. (There's also a little fumbling when I was having trouble getting the telephone to come out over the air.)

Be sure to listen to the end, or you'll miss the story of how Question Mark was nearly crushed to death by Meat Loaf in a rollaway bed.

So wake your friends, slap your neighbors and listen to this crazy stuff.

(Looks like the player might not work. If that's the case, just click this http://www.mixcloud.com/steveterrell/terrells-sound-world-03-31-13-question-mark-interview/ )

And while you're at my Mixcloud site, enjoy some of my other radio shows and podcasts posted there.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel