Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: GREASE PLEASE!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 5, 2012 3:02 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Man, it's been a while since I had this one! Frying bread is maybe one of my fave things to do in a pan. This will happen this week!

I'll do one with tomato and lettuce, FRIED of course...

Mardy Pune said:

Only if you fry the tomato and lettuce...

dave said:

Mardy, I think you just made the ultimate sammich, minus thick slices tomato and fresh leaf lettuce (If yr gonna die, die happy and pick the instrument food of yr death!).

Here for the stir

• March 5, 2012 3:00 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I just made this Chili last week! So delish!

I went the unholy path and put in some green chili paste and strong brandy when the ground meat was cooking.

The oats and honey did great in this, thanks for the tip.

dave said:

Anyhoo, how 'bout some Chili?

First, put about a quarter-sized shot of olive oil in a skillet, and add any spices you will want, cumin, cayenne, pepper-medley (peppercorns), etc. Heating up herbs and spices will make them taste stronger. Transfer to a pot.

Next, add some decent ground meat and brown in the skillet (If you want yr chili to go a bit further you can add some oats while the meat cooks), then bank the meat so that the grease runs down to the other end of the skillet (I know, skillets are round, bear with me ;)

Once the grease has collected down there, transfer the meat to the pot and throw away the grease (Don't put it in the sink, it'll clog up the drain. Let it cool, then put it in the trash). Set aside.

Cut up whatever veggies ya like, (i.e 2 Roma tomatoes, 1 Bell pepper, 2 Jalapeno peppers, cilantro,etc.) and add them to the pot. Then mix in 1 can of tomato paste, and reheat, and if ya like 'Yankee'-style chili (I do) throw in a can of yr favorite beans.

Towards the end of cooking I like to add a little lime juice, and dice up 1 Scotch Bonnet pepper, seeds an' all (you will want to wear gloves while you handle it) for it.

You can even add a little honey to it, it melds nicely and cuts some of the heat from the Scotch Bonnet.

What I love about chili is the fact that you can add anything to it, and it always tastes great. The Bachelor's life-saver!

Here for the stir

• March 4, 2012 10:15 PM CST
    • Untitled

Only if you fry the tomato and lettuce...

dave said:

Mardy, I think you just made the ultimate sammich, minus thick slices tomato and fresh leaf lettuce (If yr gonna die, die happy and pick the instrument food of yr death!).

• March 1, 2012 3:22 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• March 1, 2012 10:29 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

case in point.

• March 1, 2012 10:14 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

@ Mardy - You forgot the importance of doing this naked.  It's really dumb, but if you're cooking this for two, the bonus points live on for days!

• March 1, 2012 12:42 AM CST
    • Untitled

Fried Bread Bacon Sandwiches:

To make fried bread bacon Sandwiches you need:

A big ass heavy duty frying pan

Heaps of fatty free range Bacon (streaky bacon recommended)

Butter

Cheap ass bowel cancer causing white bread

Method:

Heat the pan on a medium heat.

Melt a little bit too much butter until it is starting to bubble

Fry the bacon, all of it, stay in the kitchen while frying cause burning your house down while cooking is just plain stupid.

When all the bacon is cooked place the bread in the pan with all the yummy fat and butter.

Fry the bread on both sides, make it all golden and fatty looking on each side.

Combine the bread and the bacon, I throw in some hot sauce cause I'm addicted to hot sauce.

Eat

Die in your early 40's from eating too much shit like this.

• February 29, 2012 4:08 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Had to post this- The Drunk Guy Slice

You gave me the “drunk guy slice” of pizza: bloated dough bubbles, burnt dick cheese and a few gnarly slivers of mystery meat that probably rolled out of your sister’s pussy after you fucked her this morning. What’s wrong with your life, pizza-Nazi? Do you need a hug? These arms of mine can thaw the icicles off of a polar bear’s asshole. And don’t forget my sweet chin beard, dude. You ruined my whole night with your petty bullshit, do you know that?

-via the stranger

• February 29, 2012 1:59 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

SPITE: so much good stuff on this! - Next thing I'm gonna try is the Tacoquila - I have a week spot for, let's say "strong" flavored drinks from Mexico.

FRITZ: Yep, read that one too! Prooves our instincts on greased up food are right.

DAVE: Thanks for the chili there - sounds great! Will do this sometime next week and give a report. I love all that stuff with lime juice, scotch bonnet and honey. The oats tip also sound good! Yankee style is always a day to day kind of choice - I can't make up my mind! Burgers, mostly flat-top, yes, but sometimes I'll likely throw some fire in the pan by the way of brandy or other spirits - when I feel like smelling like that for the rest of the night, haha. + I'll try that steak for sure!

MARDY: You got it!

Here for the stir

• February 28, 2012 11:24 PM CST
    • Untitled

That site rules!

Spite Classic said:

Well, you asked for it!  Don't take any of his insults personally...I'm pretty sure he's just talking to me.  Cooking For A**holes    If you want to make Margueritas with ground beef - you NEED this!

• February 28, 2012 4:25 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Anyhoo, how 'bout some Chili?

First, put about a quarter-sized shot of olive oil in a skillet, and add any spices you will want, cumin, cayenne, pepper-medley (peppercorns), etc. Heating up herbs and spices will make them taste stronger. Transfer to a pot.

Next, add some decent ground meat and brown in the skillet (If you want yr chili to go a bit further you can add some oats while the meat cooks), then bank the meat so that the grease runs down to the other end of the skillet (I know, skillets are round, bear with me ;)

Once the grease has collected down there, transfer the meat to the pot and throw away the grease (Don't put it in the sink, it'll clog up the drain. Let it cool, then put it in the trash). Set aside.

Cut up whatever veggies ya like, (i.e 2 Roma tomatoes, 1 Bell pepper, 2 Jalapeno peppers, cilantro,etc.) and add them to the pot. Then mix in 1 can of tomato paste, and reheat, and if ya like 'Yankee'-style chili (I do) throw in a can of yr favorite beans.

Towards the end of cooking I like to add a little lime juice, and dice up 1 Scotch Bonnet pepper, seeds an' all (you will want to wear gloves while you handle it) for it.

You can even add a little honey to it, it melds nicely and cuts some of the heat from the Scotch Bonnet.

What I love about chili is the fact that you can add anything to it, and it always tastes great. The Bachelor's life-saver!

• February 28, 2012 3:54 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

So, Idon Mine, I'm guessing when ya talk burgers, yr more of a flat-top grill kinda guy, not flame-kissed...?

p.s If you try that Jack Daniels steak recipe, lemme know how good it is!

• February 28, 2012 3:37 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Read something recently online where they've recently discovered that it's not so much the deep-fried food that's bad for you, but the type of oil used to fry it in. As long as you're using good oil, it's not bad for you! Wish I could find that link now.

• February 28, 2012 1:31 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well, you asked for it!  Don't take any of his insults personally...I'm pretty sure he's just talking to me.  Cooking For A**holes    If you want to make Margueritas with ground beef - you NEED this!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel