Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: the Beatles ... why NOT ?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 5, 2012 7:35 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Nope i can't think of any and RUBBER SOUL is still my number one fave rave LP.

However i can't agree with ya Elvis statement.There's a couple of late sixties and Vegas tunes i like but his other stuff is pant's to my ear's.

• August 12, 2013 9:27 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Fritz said:

Here's why not:

HOW THE BEATLES DESTROYED ROCK'N'ROLL

Great read.

Thanks, I'm going to have to read that!

The age old argument, are the Beatles much kop?  I haven't got much of a problem with them, they were my entrance into 60's music a number of years ago but I soon discovered the Kinks and they've been left behind.

I think for a lot of people (including myself) the problem with the Beatles is that they are over rated, for many they are the beginning and end of 60's music, throw in the over exposure and saturation of their music and I can find them tiring.  I've heard enough Beatles music to never need to listen to any more.

But for those who love garage rock the commercial sound of the Beatles just isn't aimed at us, so I don't see a problem wiht them.  I recently went through my parent's old record collection and pulled out the Beatles 'Rock n' Roll' music LP, their covers of Roll over Beethoven, Long, Tall Sally and Money just lacked that raw edge of rock n roll music, they were rock n roll classic smoothed over to appeal to their fans.  It showed me that the Beatles were just a rock n roll influenced pop band, they came in at the right time with the right sound and image to become gigantic.  But I think many of us have liked or still like a few of their tracks.

This post was edited by Danny at August 12, 2013 9:28 AM CDT

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel