Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Is America Already A Third-World Country?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 6, 2012 7:23 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

hey Dave --- wow -- this is such a loaded question for me. I'm American by birth, and Australian by choice. When I read stories about teachers in the USA packing food and putting it in students' backpacks (so they have something to eat after school), when I read that there were 17,000 foreclosures in Cook County, IL, when I read about the number of people sick and dying unable to afford healthcare, yeah, I wonder the same thing.

Are Americans in denial? Minimal corruption? What do you call what happens in Wall Street in connection to 'K' street in Washington? What are all those people in Occupy talking about?

Minimal corruption? What about the relationship between pharmaceutical companies and major hospital corporations? Insurance companies and doctor's groups?

I live in a country where health care is considered a human right, not the right of only the affluent. 

How about the cozy relationships among promoters, record companies, agents, and lawyers in an industry based primarily in the USA?

I'll stop now. But food for thought.

Mel, who's re-listening to Give 'Em Enough Rope for a reason

• January 17, 2012 2:54 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah, we're definitely meek, seems like so few people even want to know what's going on. God, SOPA, etc., it makes my head throb!

Lutz Vipinderwoman said:

What's really is happening is that we're not only a turning into a 3RD WORLD COUNTRY, BUT ALSO A POLICE STATE and the pimps just sell our asses and make us do what the hell ever they want and everybody just sits back and does it like good little boys and girls.

• January 17, 2012 2:32 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What's really is happening is that we're not only a turning into a 3RD WORLD COUNTRY, BUT ALSO A POLICE STATE and the pimps just sell our asses and make us do what the hell ever they want and everybody just sits back and does it like good little boys and girls.

• January 7, 2012 1:49 PM CST
    • Untitled

No more than any other Western state. The USA still has a very high income per capita and the average quality of life is very good. Corruption on a day to day level is also pretty low ie you don't have to bribe doctors and police.

Europe isn't fairing any better, the USA just seems to be less equal. You guys should eat a few of those billionairs you have. Saying that so should we.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel