Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Standells, Sloths, others Just Announced @ Ponderosa Stomp 2013

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 11, 2013 11:07 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The initial artists set to play The Ponderosa Stomp were just announced.

Of most interest to many folks here are The Standells and The Sloths. It's no secret The Sloths are kicking ass and taking names , raising the bar for reformed (As opposed to Orthodox) Garage bands. The somewhat recently revamped Standells lineup was a bit of a mystery to me.  I'd seen some live footage (Hi , Derek !) , but , did'nt know if anyone , barring Larry Tamblyn , would be appearing at this concert , from the original Standells. Turns out (Yes , I'm sure a lot of you know this, but for those who don't....) , Dick Dodd is back with the group, as is , surprisingly enough , John Fleckenstein , early Bassist for Love , and , later Bassist with The Standells. Fleckenstein went on to become an in - demand Cinematographer (His work includes "Jaws" ), this is the first I've heard of him returning to music.

Ty Wagner of "Slander" and "I'm a No Count" infamy , brings the Back From The Grave alumni (no) count to two . This may be the first time that's happened .

Otherwise , the lineup includes genius Rockabilly/Hot Jazz Guitarist , Charlie Gracie .

Gracie is better known for his Pop/Rockabilly hits like "Fabulous" and "99 Ways".

Maxine Brown , Baby Washington , Richard Carlton , Chris Clark , Richard Caiton , Charles Brimmer, James Alexander , Lynn August , George Perkins , Guanga Dyns , Gino Parks , Spencer Wiggins , Sonny Green , Bobby ("Barefootin'") Parker , Bobby Crown , Eddie Daniels , and Boogaloo (As in Boogaloo and His Gallant Crew ? We can only hope.

THIS IS THE FIRST RUN OF CONFIRMED ACTS . THERE'S  SURE TO BE PLENTY MORE.

Go to  newsletters@ponderosastompfoundation.org  TO GET ON THE MAILING LIST.

• March 24, 2013 12:17 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

OK , I GUESS I SHOULD'NT HAVE EXPECTED MUCH IN THE WAY OF RESPONSES. GENERALLY , THE STOMP ANNOUNCES ONE LINE OF ACTS , THEN , SOME OTHERS WHEN THEY'VE CONFIRMED THEM. AS IT STANDS , THIS IS NOT A VERY STRONG LINEUP. EXCLUDING THE STANDELLS , THERE'S REALLY NO HEADLINERS. WHO KNOWS WHAT'LL HAPPEN? THEY'VE HAD SOME AMAZING LINEUPS IN THE PAST, BUT , IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS. I DON'T SEE MYSELF GOING AT THIS POINT.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel