Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Frequently Misheard Lyrics

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 25, 2013 2:25 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"YOU START WALKING TOWARD ME , AND MY GLUE COMES ALL UNDONE"

"....MY COOL COMES ALL UNDONE. " - "Get Me To The World on Time" , Electric Prunes.

" i HATE TO SEE YOU SHINING SO BRIGHT YEAH , NEW SURROUNDINGS , HOLD ME TIGHTLTY"   

" MY XKE IS SHINING SO BRIGHTLY. THE NOOSE AROUND US IS HOLDING TIGHTLY."

THE WHO "CALL ME LIGHTNING".

• December 24, 2012 3:08 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"Oh , Yoda , I'm loaded."   "Oh no , dear , oh , no dear" (?)

"John , I'm Only Dancing" - David Bowie.     Thanks to Chris Morris.

• December 12, 2012 2:00 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

HELLOOOOOO! iF YOU'RE STILL HERE , THANK YOU.

Seriously , this one's really funny.

"Easy Come , Easy Go" - Elvis Presley.

The line is actually : "So many girls , in every port . You've got to be a juggernaut.".

BUT , it sounds exactly like "You've gotta be a - jerkin' off" !!!

Extensive efforts were made on the part of The Estate of Elvis Presley , and probably Priscilla and The Colonel , to create the illusion that Elvis never cussed. A Thousand studio outtakes have since nuked that idea to smithereens. Unfortunately , the two best parts of "This Is Elvis " were later censored for home video. Whether he meant to say what it sounds exactly like he was saying , here.....WELL , HE WAS MISERABLE , DOING ALL THESE MOVIES , WHY COULD'NT HE HAVE HAD A FEW LAUGHS?

• December 3, 2012 9:09 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"Paint it , Black" - The REAL  Brian Jones Town Massacre-

"No more will my green seagull turn a deeper blue..."

"No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue..."

John Battles said:

Thought of a couple -   Blues Magoos - "Sometimes I Think About" (aka "Willie Jean".)

"Here I am , sitting on this goddamn farm." ,  "Here I am , sitting on this county farm.".

Buzzcocks - "Orgasm Addict" -  'Johnny won't fuck you ,always and all ways" ,

"Johnny want fuckee , always and all ways .''.

Nervebreakers - "Girls , Girls , Girls" - "I just can't fuck myself ....Leather , leather . OH ! OH !"    ,       " I JUST CAN'T STOP MYSELF , LET ME ! LET ME ! OH ! OH !".

13th Floor Elevators - "You Don't Know (How Young You Are.)  - "Her daily life revolves around a thousand Eddie Haskells."   ''....A thousand petty hassles.".

Rolling Stones section - "It's All Over Now" - "Playin' her high class games" , "Playin' her half - assed games" (Or is it the other way around?").

"2000 mAN" - "OH , DADDY , PROUD OF YOUR PHALLIC"    , " Oh , Daddy , proud of your planet.".

"When The Whip Comes Down" - "Schizo f*gs  been sittin on the can".   'Shit hits the fan , and I've been sittin' on the can".

'Jumpin' Jack Flash" -  "I was raised by a toothless bat in Hell." ,  "I was raised by a toothless bearded hag".     "I found as the crud slides across my breath." , "I frowned at the crumbs of a crust of bread."

"Street Fightin' Man " - "Yeah , til we name these gorgeous girls , once". , "....YEAH , SAID THE GAME IS CALLED DISTURBANCE".

"You Can't Always Get What You Want" - "To get your prescription beer"  ,   "To get your prescription filled".""

"Happy'' - " Never wanna be like Bob Dylan was , working for the boss , every night and day"....."whatever the fuck he said".

"Satisfaction" - "How white lined shirts compete , I can't get no..."    '' How white my shirts should be".

19TH Nervous Breakdown  - "When you were still in school , you had that boo , really messed your mind"     ,    '"...YOU MET THAT FOOL WHO REALLY MESSED YOUR MIND."

(NOTE : "BOO" IS AN ANCIENT EXPRESSION FOR MARIJUANA.).

"Think" - "Tell me what's wrong with my face ?" , "Tell me whose fault was that , babe?". 

"Lennon , Harrison and Brian are beating the shit out of Allen Klein"

(Secret backmasking , "Doom and Gloom .").

• November 19, 2012 2:17 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Also "Like a Baby" , Elvis Presley (Last line) - "I'll fuck it."   "I'll forget".

John Battles said:

I JUST HEARD THIS , LOOK IT UP ! 

"TIRED OF YOUR PUSHIN'" BY BLUE ASH (Cleveland Hard Rock/Power Pop band , mid - late 70's w/ Frank Secich (Later w/ Stiv Bator (solo) and an incarnation of Dead Boys.)) .

"BABY , I'M TIRED OF YOUR BULLSHIT"

"BABY , I'M TIRED OF YOUR PUSHING.".   

• November 17, 2012 8:31 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I JUST HEARD THIS , LOOK IT UP ! 

"TIRED OF YOUR PUSHIN'" BY BLUE ASH (Cleveland Hard Rock/Power Pop band , mid - late 70's w/ Frank Secich (Later w/ Stiv Bator (solo) and an incarnation of Dead Boys.)) .

"BABY , I'M TIRED OF YOUR BULLSHIT"

"BABY , I'M TIRED OF YOUR PUSHING.".   

• November 14, 2012 2:22 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I don't know the song, but , that's pretty funny.

I thought of a few good ones , but , forgot to write 'em down. Oh , wait.....

(The BAAAAD) Mitch Ryder "Devil With The Blue Dress On/ Good Golly Miss Molly "

" Can't get so nerved when you can't stay high"

"Cats get so nervous , they can't say "Hi"".

Screaming Lord Sutch "Jack The Ripper" "Well , he walks down the street , every girl he meets he says ......Donate blood."

Actually , he's just gurgling something nonsensical. Sutch later remade that song , changing the line to "Every girl he meets , he says .... Is your name Mary Kelly ?", after the one woman to survive an attack by The Ripper.

• November 14, 2012 2:50 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

When I was young I thought the Drowning Pool song with the lyrics "let the bodies hit the floor" was "let the potty overflow" (I was pretty young)

• November 4, 2012 1:44 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thought of a couple -   Blues Magoos - "Sometimes I Think About" (aka "Willie Jean".)

"Here I am , sitting on this goddamn farm." ,  "Here I am , sitting on this county farm.".

Buzzcocks - "Orgasm Addict" -  'Johnny won't fuck you ,always and all ways" ,

"Johnny want fuckee , always and all ways .''.

Nervebreakers - "Girls , Girls , Girls" - "I just can't fuck myself ....Leather , leather . OH ! OH !"    ,       " I JUST CAN'T STOP MYSELF , LET ME ! LET ME ! OH ! OH !".

13th Floor Elevators - "You Don't Know (How Young You Are.)  - "Her daily life revolves around a thousand Eddie Haskells."   ''....A thousand petty hassles.".

Rolling Stones section - "It's All Over Now" - "Playin' her high class games" , "Playin' her half - assed games" (Or is it the other way around?").

"2000 mAN" - "OH , DADDY , PROUD OF YOUR PHALLIC"    , " Oh , Daddy , proud of your planet.".

"When The Whip Comes Down" - "Schizo f*gs  been sittin on the can".   'Shit hits the fan , and I've been sittin' on the can".

'Jumpin' Jack Flash" -  "I was raised by a toothless bat in Hell." ,  "I was raised by a toothless bearded hag".     "I found as the crud slides across my breath." , "I frowned at the crumbs of a crust of bread."

"Street Fightin' Man " - "Yeah , til we name these gorgeous girls , once". , "....YEAH , SAID THE GAME IS CALLED DISTURBANCE".

"You Can't Always Get What You Want" - "To get your prescription beer"  ,   "To get your prescription filled".""

"Happy'' - " Never wanna be like Bob Dylan was , working for the boss , every night and day"....."whatever the fuck he said".

"Satisfaction" - "How white lined shirts compete , I can't get no..."    '' How white my shirts should be".

19TH Nervous Breakdown  - "When you were still in school , you had that boo , really messed your mind"     ,    '"...YOU MET THAT FOOL WHO REALLY MESSED YOUR MIND."

(NOTE : "BOO" IS AN ANCIENT EXPRESSION FOR MARIJUANA.).

"Think" - "Tell me what's wrong with my face ?" , "Tell me whose fault was that , babe?". 

"Lennon , Harrison and Brian are beating the shit out of Allen Klein"

(Secret backmasking , "Doom and Gloom .").

• October 13, 2012 11:28 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Seriously , when I was about 5 , and "Abbey Road" came out , I thought the first word to "Come Together" was "SHIT". 

Chris Macleod said:

misheard?!?.... http://youtu.be/SmSl49bTI1A     now THAT'S missung!

• October 10, 2012 2:42 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Like "Bert" , somebody named "Bert"? That's still kinda funny.  Lumabgo's not funny ,but, it sounds funny when you say it.....

• October 10, 2012 2:39 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yep, I'm sad, someone told me it was berts and i looked it up and apparently it's berts. No cockney humour I'm afraid. Would be better if it was though...
    • October 10, 2012 2:30 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Is that right? I always thought it was "Bird's Lumbago" , not because I ever thought a bird could GET Lumabago , just Marriott's irreverent/irrelevant Cockney humor.  Did you see a transcripton of the lyrics ? I usually don't look 'em up, unless I must.

Check out Jack Wild's version , if you can. Between the two of them , and Davy Jones (Who never recorded the song.) ,it could have been The Artful Dodger Trinity song. 

• October 10, 2012 2:23 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Small faces: lazy Sunday

How's your bird's lumbago?

Should be 'how's your berts lumbago?

I thought birds could get lumbago, probably can now I've said that.
    • October 10, 2012 12:40 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Years ago a friend of mine heard this lyric as 'It's the Return of the Vulture', which amused me no end, as I remember there being a Spiderman story of the same name way back in the 60's.  In a similar punk/animal vein, another friend thought the Sham 69 line 'Hurry up Harry, come on', was 'Hurry up, hairy camel'. 

John Battles said:

It's funny you should say that , an old ex - friend and I were listening to "Alternative Ulster " , and he heard it as "A tail of RED LOBSTER " ! Jake Burns is , or was , living here in town...I wonder if anyone ever told him that.

SarahJayne said:

"a tale of a lobster" ~ an old friends mom's rendition of Stiff Little Fingers 'alternative ulster'

• October 9, 2012 10:39 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"White Man in Hammersmith Palais" - The Clash .

"But it was fucked up all night"

"But it was Four Tops All Night".

• October 6, 2012 5:04 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"Here We Go 'Round The Lemon Tree", The Move - "Here We Go 'round the Lavatory* "

* (Pron. "Lavva - Tree" in England.)

• September 9, 2012 12:59 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

'LITTLE ARROWS" LEAPY LEE.  

"sOME FOLKS PUT ON ARMOUR , BUT THE ARROWS GO RIGHT THROUGH."

"SOME FOLKS PUT ON ABBA....." 

"THAT YOU'LL LOVE THOSE LITTLE ARROWS WHEN THEY HURT A LITTLE BIT"

"....WHEN THEY HURT A LITTLE BITCH.".       SORRY , THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE....

• August 12, 2012 1:58 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Never thought about that....But , there's only one set of Heartbreakers to me , and Tom Petty was'nt frontin' 'em. When we were deluged with Petty on the radio in the very late 70's - 80's , I'm sure a LOT of his songs were misheard , in humorous ways. Granted , compared to a lot of the crap that passed for "Rock" at that time , I guess Petty's early hits did'nt age THAT badly.....

Eagles "Life in The Fast Lane" - "We've been up and down this highway , have'nt seen a goddamn thing"   "We've been up and down this highway , have'nt seen The Camptown Race".

• August 12, 2012 11:26 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"Don't have to live like a referee."

• August 6, 2012 9:34 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Okay, when I was a kid, I thought Creedence were saying "There's a bathroom on the right" (Bad Moon Rising) lol!

• August 3, 2012 3:15 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I thought the same of "Spill The Wine " , too.....Not that it would'nt work that way.
      Believe it or not , I still had yet to hear any of The Animals ' hits when Ifirst heard "Spill the Wine' , so , I thought it was (maybe) Mick Jagger singing. I'll have to pay close attention , next time I here R'n'R HK.....tHANKS FOR POSTING THE CLIPS....I'VE GOT A REALLY GOOD ONE , SOMEWHERE OF ERIC AND WAR , WHERE HE IMPROVISES A LITTLE ON THE LYRICS....Sometimes he does that a little , sometimes too damn much. 
      Stoned Again Productions said:

War, Spill The Wine.  The 1st 100+ times I heard it when it was new I thought the lyrics were Do I dig that girl instead of Spill the wine dig that pearl.  Also the Rick Derringer song Rock n Roll Hoochie Koo, Come on a little closer, gonna do it to you  sounded like Come on a little puzzy, gonna do it to you. But I think that was on purpose so it would sound like that.

• August 3, 2012 2:38 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

War, Spill The Wine.  The 1st 100+ times I heard it when it was new I thought the lyrics were Do I dig that girl instead of Spill the wine dig that pearl.  Also the Rick Derringer song Rock n Roll Hoochie Koo, Come on a little closer, gonna do it to you  sounded like Come on a little puzzy, gonna do it to you. But I think that was on purpose so it would sound like that.

• July 28, 2012 11:49 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"Well , yeeeeaahh. I hung quite a bit down at Sun Studios. Sam Phillips would'nt even let me record there. I said , well , Sam , I mean , Mr. Phillips , who are you leasing all these great Blues records by Howlin' Wolf and Pat Hare and Ike Turner to , anyway ? He told me about these two Polish immigrants in Chicago , had a little label , up there. I thought Polish cats in Chicago only made Polka records , man !  But , me an' Keef , he's from Memphis , too , y'know , we had to get our arses up to Chicago , and THAT's when Keef found out , right , about Chuck Berry. Fuck me , man , he aped Chuck so good , he  got to be his fuckin' bandleader in that movie , right? But , Chuck did'nt wanna sound like Chuck no more , and , you know , we did'nt wanna sound like The Stones no more , neither , but we got past that with "A Bigger Bang" , which I think only sold about a half a mil. Were'nt Don Was' fault , man , it's a great record. Maybe , next one , we can do at Sun Studio. I mean , what ? Sam Phillips is gonna turn us away?         Mick Jagger .

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel