Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Frequently Misheard Lyrics

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 11, 2012 2:31 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This one's weird.....Kind of , well , VERY grusome , so if you're easily grossed out , please ignore.

OK , i got 'em now.....

Screamin' Jay Hawkins' "Feast of The Mau Mau" - I always believed it to go (And still do.)

"Pull the skin off your friend with a razor blade"

Wait. It gets worse....

Someone swore that it went "Pull the STEM off your friend with a razor blade."

I said , "Stem?" , she said , "Yeah ,you know , dick !". Either that , or Jay greatly enjoyed Australian bands. But , his comments on touring with Nick Cave would suggest otherwise.

• May 7, 2012 1:53 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I THOUGHT IT SOUNDED LIKE "And little early birdie came by anus curly whirly , and asked me if I needed a ride", too ....

Here's a good one - "You Don't Know (How Young You Are)" 13th Floor Elevators.

"Her daily life revolves around a thousand petty hassles"

"Her daily life revolves around a thousand EDDIE HASKELLS.".

b0nes tra5hyf said:

Ha ha ha, that's a classic misheard lyric. Wrapped up like a douche in the middle of the night...

John E. Midnight said:

Manfred Mann's "Blinded by the Light"

..."deuce", not "DOUCHE"

• May 6, 2012 2:13 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Used to love this round in Never Mind The Buzzcocks. Ever wondered what Elvis Costello and Ten Tudor Pole sang?

• May 3, 2012 8:52 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ha ha ha, that's a classic misheard lyric. Wrapped up like a douche in the middle of the night...

John E. Midnight said:

..."deuce", not "DOUCHE"

• May 3, 2012 8:49 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Cure's Mint Car from Wild Mood Swings - at the beginning of the song- "...then here with you its perfect, its all i ever wanted, oh i almost couldn't believe that its for real, so kiss me queer" But maybe he's really singing "so pinch me quick" on the last lyric there?

• May 2, 2012 10:57 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yea , that's what I always thought , until I heard Springsteen's constipated original ...."Wrrreecccked up like a Deuchhe ANUDDER RUMOR IN DA' NIGHT...", then I had second thoughts....But the thought of it NOT being "Deuce" was too good to be true. I only learned , a year or two ago , saying "Douche" is like saying "and" , today. Time was , it was right at the top of the list , outside of George Carlin's "7 Words", of words you just did'nt say , unless you had a good alibi. 

• May 2, 2012 9:02 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

..."deuce", not "DOUCHE"

• May 1, 2012 10:25 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I almost forgot one of my favorites....

"Got My Mojo Workin'" by Muddy Waters. OK , I KNEW he was'nt saying what it SOUNDED like he was saying.......

What Muddy Waters actually sang:

"I'm goin' down to Louisiana to get me a mojo hand. I'm gonna have all you women ret'chunder (Right under) my command...".

What it sounded like (To me.) "I'm gonna have all you women RETCHIN' at my command !".

• April 22, 2012 11:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I always used to think the song THANK YOU by Barry and the Remains said: " I want to thank you for giving me everykind of lovin'..this whole world."  Instead of .."Every kind of lovin' that I know."

• April 21, 2012 9:59 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Dictators "Two Tub Man" - "They all know that I'm the one , not to let your son become."

"They all know that I'm the one , knocks 'em dead til Sunday comes"

Years ago , some Rock Writer (I forget , but James Porter remembers, who.) said "As the Dictators put it , "Playing in a heavy band gets humongous." , when the line was "Playing in a heavy band , guess I'm just...I GUESS I'M JUST ...I GUESS I'M JUST A ...TWO TUB MAN !!!!!". Don't get me wrong , I'm not to trump paid Rock Critics....Just because I told Greg Kot that Roky Erickson's 2005 Chicago debut was just that , the first time he'd ever played here.

• April 17, 2012 9:40 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hah!  I think the secret is out.  Mick and Keif are comic book nerds and have been trying to us so subliminally for years.

• April 11, 2012 7:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's pretty funny , Ken. I thought , when I first heard "Sympathy For The Devil" , he said

"Killed THOR and his Ministers , anaesthesia screamed in vain" !

• April 11, 2012 10:55 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

When I was a kid, I thought the Stones sang "A Sleepy Little Town Ain't no place for Spider-Man" instead of "in sleepy London Town there's just no place for a street fighting man."

• April 10, 2012 12:56 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Kd Lang constant craving…. For years i thought it said "Can't stand gravy"

• April 9, 2012 10:05 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

SURE , THAT WAS A BIG DEAL "I THINK I'M IN LOVE...COS I CAN'T GET IT UP !"..... I saw Lava Sutra perform it , that way , one time.

zacharythax said:

Is anyone out there old enough to remember Eddie Money on early '80's top 40 FM singing:

"I think I'm in love / and my nuts are numb / I think I'm in love / 'cuz I can't get it up."?

• April 9, 2012 8:42 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I like the phrase "Snow White Trash"....but then I live in Idaho...go figure...

John Battles said:

HA HA HAAAAA!!! I remember someone trying to tell me that !

I thought "Ziggy Stardust" originally said "He could lick c*m by smiling , he could lead them to Hell. He came on so "Loaded" man , well - hung , snow White Trash."

AND - "JIVING US THAT WE WERE VOODOO , THE KIDS WERE JUST CRAP.". 

And that "Hang on To Yourself" went " If you like  f***ots and Vaseline".

Sometimes , the words were just too close together. There's a Romeo Void song that went "Get that jerk off your mind"   But , it sounded like "Get that JERKOFF , you're mine.". BUT THAT HAD TO BE INTENTIONAL.

But.....Two songs that would have been branded as Politically Incorrect for eternity , if everybody heard them the way I first did (And , trust me , I was shocked , at the time .)

"Sometimes Good Guys Don't Wear White" Standells   (The Bishops had a Politically Incorrect version.) .

"In The Middle of The Night " Madness .

• April 9, 2012 8:41 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

YES!

zacharythax said:

Is anyone out there old enough to remember Eddie Money on early '80's top 40 FM singing:

"I think I'm in love / and my nuts are numb / I think I'm in love / 'cuz I can't get it up."?

• April 9, 2012 5:47 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• April 8, 2012 8:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

HA HA HAAAAA!!! I remember someone trying to tell me that !

I thought "Ziggy Stardust" originally said "He could lick c*m by smiling , he could lead them to Hell. He came on so "Loaded" man , well - hung , snow White Trash."

AND - "JIVING US THAT WE WERE VOODOO , THE KIDS WERE JUST CRAP.". 

And that "Hang on To Yourself" went " If you like  f***ots and Vaseline".

Sometimes , the words were just too close together. There's a Romeo Void song that went "Get that jerk off your mind"   But , it sounded like "Get that JERKOFF , you're mine.". BUT THAT HAD TO BE INTENTIONAL.

But.....Two songs that would have been branded as Politically Incorrect for eternity , if everybody heard them the way I first did (And , trust me , I was shocked , at the time .)

"Sometimes Good Guys Don't Wear White" Standells   (The Bishops had a Politically Incorrect version.) .

"In The Middle of The Night " Madness .

• April 6, 2012 9:08 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

For a long time I thought that Elton John was singing..."She's got electric boobs...her long hair suits" in Bennie and The Jets...

• April 3, 2012 7:23 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

They got some MONKEY attitude !

Bobby said:

I used to think Deep Purples Space Truckin was Space Monkeys.

• March 19, 2012 10:19 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I thought it was; 'wrapped up like a douche"

John Battles said:

Yeah , I thought IT WAS "DEUCE" , BECAUSE , BACK IN THE "70'S" , THE OTHER WORD SEEMED TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE ON THE RADIO, though they probably say it as much as "The " , now. .....BUT , I heard Bruce Springsteen's original version and he REALLY sounded like he was saying "Wrecked up like a DOUCHE".

THERE WAS AN ARTICLE IN "BUDDY " MAGAZINE (DALLAS /FT. WORTH)  ABOUT SONGS THAT THEY COULD'NT BELIEVE GOT AIRPLAY - Obvious ones like "Walk on The Wild Side" and less obvious censor - testers like "Miracles" by Jefferson Starship.....Turns out , if you can get thru about six minutes of the painful dirge , it says something about "Remember whenI went down on yoooouuu..." , but , that was intentional....The article listed "Blinded By The Light", as well.

• March 19, 2012 7:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah , I thought IT WAS "DEUCE" , BECAUSE , BACK IN THE "70'S" , THE OTHER WORD SEEMED TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE ON THE RADIO, though they probably say it as much as "The " , now. .....BUT , I heard Bruce Springsteen's original version and he REALLY sounded like he was saying "Wrecked up like a DOUCHE".

THERE WAS AN ARTICLE IN "BUDDY " MAGAZINE (DALLAS /FT. WORTH)  ABOUT SONGS THAT THEY COULD'NT BELIEVE GOT AIRPLAY - Obvious ones like "Walk on The Wild Side" and less obvious censor - testers like "Miracles" by Jefferson Starship.....Turns out , if you can get thru about six minutes of the painful dirge , it says something about "Remember whenI went down on yoooouuu..." , but , that was intentional....The article listed "Blinded By The Light", as well.

• March 19, 2012 6:44 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Manfred Man: Blinded by the light. The lyric is revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night. For years I thought they were singing Rolled up like a douche.

• March 17, 2012 6:29 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That has made my day.

Emily Thomas said:

A friend of mine somehow managed to get "Fellas the Goose is Dead" out of Bauhaus "Bela Lugosi's Dead"

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel