Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Lux Interior's birthday

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 20, 2011 10:52 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Happy birthday Lux! Thanks for spreading the sickness you magnificent bastard!
    • March 5, 2013 5:59 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thank you to our friends in The UK and on The Continent for embracing true greatness in American music , where Americans seldom do. The Cramps always had a following in the states , but , were still playing small clubs in the early 80's , by which time they were playing big theatres and auditoriums in Europe. People think of The Cramps as being BIG , but , they were'nt really a big draw , across the board , until the 1990 tour , if not possibly the 1986 tour (Which skipped Dallas , where I lived at the time , so I don't have that perspective .).....In the 80's ,most people I asked about THE CRAMPS SAID "Dont like 'em" or "Never heard of 'em.". I can recall just three Cramps nights in the clubs in Chicago , in the past 25 years , and one was after Lux's ascension. But , then again . I can also remember only three for The Ramones. One after Joey passed on , another about 15 years earlier , and , another , still , where The DJ refused to play any Ramones music at all !

A few makeshift bands have performed as The Cramps on Hallowe'en , with The Dyes making it an annual thing. But ,the idea of a big LIFE celebration for Lux , with several bands .....seems a tragic impossibility.

• March 5, 2013 4:54 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There are commemorations of his death (life, more like...) every year in Edinburgh and Glasgow - the Edinburgh one was last weekend and was the first one of either of them over the years that I (personally) haven't played at. We (the band) played in Glasgow, though.

D.

• January 30, 2013 2:29 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi! Nice to find another Cheater Slicks and Cramps fan.

Sixties Garage Girl!!! said:

"https://soundcloud.com/slania-cavewoman My SOUNDCLOUD account send me a private message if you want fallow me in HELL! 3;-)"

• October 29, 2012 7:48 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

October 20...... More should be made of his Birthday. There was ONE memorial night for him after he passed , and this is not Neerherdove , New Ireland  ,  this is Chicago.

As for his , or Ivy's , Birthday (A far easier to remember Feb. 14.) , no one does anything , here , in the clubs , barring local band ,The Dyes , who always do some kind of Cramps tribute in October.I think , though I can't quite remember , Lux was born in 1948. It was after the war , for sure , but , in The 40's.

Funhouse Skull said:

John Battles said:

iT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE COMING UPON LUX'S BIRTHDAY , AGAIN....

I WISH MY FRIEND , JEFF , WHO REMEMBERS EVERY DATE , CONCERNING THE CRAMPS , WERE HERE TO REMIND ME THE ACTUAL DATE..... ANYWAY , HIS REBIRTH , SADLY FOR US , WAS A FEW YEARS AGO. IT DOES'NT EVEN SEEM THAT LONG AGO TO ME. HE WAS CELEBRATED WITH AN ASTRAL PROJECTION , AS WITNESSED BY THE FEW WORTHY SOULS , CHOSEN BY OUR QUEEN , IVY , INCLUDING  ART FEIN AND JOHNNY LEGEND , KINGS OF MEN.

NICK TOSCHES MAY HAVE BEEN THERE , TOO? BUT , I TOOK LUX TO BE A VERY SPIRITUAL PERSON , THOUGH ON A DIFFERENT PLANE, ALTOGETHER , THAN WHAT MOST DEFINE AS SPIRITUAL , JUST AS HE WAS ON AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PLANE IN THE PHYSICAL WORLD.       '' I JUST CAN'T IDENTIFY - EYE - TO EYE - TO EYE - WITH THIS WORLD , SO, I DON'T TRY."..........     HAPPY BIRTHDAY , ERIK/VIP/LUX.....WE MISS YOU , BUT , WE SURE WERE GLAD YOU LIVED IN OUR TIME.....ALWAYS FIVE YEARS AHEAD OF IT.  

Lux was born on October 20. I forget the year. Truly one of a kind. The world is a smaller place without him.

• September 24, 2012 4:34 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

John Battles said:

I WISH MY FRIEND , JEFF , WHO REMEMBERS EVERY DATE , CONCERNING THE CRAMPS , WERE HERE TO REMIND ME THE ACTUAL DATE..... ANYWAY , HIS REBIRTH , SADLY FOR US , WAS A FEW YEARS AGO. IT DOES'NT EVEN SEEM THAT LONG AGO TO ME. HE WAS CELEBRATED WITH AN ASTRAL PROJECTION , AS WITNESSED BY THE FEW WORTHY SOULS , CHOSEN BY OUR QUEEN , IVY , INCLUDING  ART FEIN AND JOHNNY LEGEND , KINGS OF MEN.

NICK TOSCHES MAY HAVE BEEN THERE , TOO? BUT , I TOOK LUX TO BE A VERY SPIRITUAL PERSON , THOUGH ON A DIFFERENT PLANE, ALTOGETHER , THAN WHAT MOST DEFINE AS SPIRITUAL , JUST AS HE WAS ON AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PLANE IN THE PHYSICAL WORLD.       '' I JUST CAN'T IDENTIFY - EYE - TO EYE - TO EYE - WITH THIS WORLD , SO, I DON'T TRY."..........     HAPPY BIRTHDAY , ERIK/VIP/LUX.....WE MISS YOU , BUT , WE SURE WERE GLAD YOU LIVED IN OUR TIME.....ALWAYS FIVE YEARS AHEAD OF IT.  

Lux was born on October 20. I forget the year. Truly one of a kind. The world is a smaller place without him.

• September 23, 2012 2:54 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• January 21, 2012 8:22 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I couldn't agree more. I really had no idea how many of the Cramps songs were covers until I started downloading the Nuggets collection, Charlie Feathers & Lux & Ivy's Favorite's. I was fortunate enough to see them play live once, a memory I'll always cherish.

John Battles said:

I'm a little late for the party , but , Lux not only "Got it" , "It" being the connection between many kinds of great , but often overlooked , music (AND the inherent coolness of well known artists , like Elvis , Little Richard , Jerry Lee , etc. , that often goes overlooked. But only by squares.) and nonmusical things , such as B-movies , Hot Rods , and sex , but , he was also a very funny and very sweet guy. I will always miss him.

• January 21, 2012 8:00 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm a little late for the party , but , Lux not only "Got it" , "It" being the connection between many kinds of great , but often overlooked , music (AND the inherent coolness of well known artists , like Elvis , Little Richard , Jerry Lee , etc. , that often goes overlooked. But only by squares.) and nonmusical things , such as B-movies , Hot Rods , and sex , but , he was also a very funny and very sweet guy. I will always miss him.

• October 22, 2011 2:32 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This Cornfed dame is for you Lux!!!

Happy Birthday, stay sick.

• October 21, 2011 9:02 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

ahhh... such good songs this lord taught us!!! Gone but never forgotten...
    • October 21, 2011 4:19 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

you got good taste....sang the heavenly choir...
    • October 21, 2011 12:53 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

RIP you amazing amazing man

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel