Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Lowriders

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 7, 2011 5:39 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Campy as they can be, I've got a fondness for them (Bomb ones especially). The best ones often pass for restored stockers, which are my faves, but are there any folk on here with a fondness for them too?

I'm not a fan of airbrushed murals, but being a Smiths fan, I'll one make on exception to the rule: One of Morrissey or a Smiths publicity shot (assuming I can get permission from the copyright holders). Being English, I'll base it on a 60's British or European car.

• October 12, 2011 6:04 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

I like the Astro Supremes and factory steels with hubcaps better than Daytons, the latter look too spindly and effete. My faves are the ones that pass for restorations, just because they're the most tasteful.  

Mike said:

I like my lowrdiders with Supremes, not Daytons. More of a 60's style I guess, back when lowriders and Kustoms hadn't completely severed the cord. I have a real appreciation for some of the insane work and craftsmanship that goes into some of the modern lowriders, but just not my thing usually. Check out this Youtube collage of classic lowriders:

• October 11, 2011 11:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I like my lowrdiders with Supremes, not Daytons. More of a 60's style I guess, back when lowriders and Kustoms hadn't completely severed the cord. I have a real appreciation for some of the insane work and craftsmanship that goes into some of the modern lowriders, but just not my thing usually. Check out this Youtube collage of classic lowriders:

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel