Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: USD GBP Rate

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 7, 2011 9:30 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi.

Well, now as you know, USD is NOT strong!  Some years ago, a Dollar is worth 90 - 100 (Japanese) Yen, and a Dollar = 90 - 100 Yen is good rate for economics.  And now a Dollar is 1.60745 GBP.  So, how much GBP usually should be worth a Dollar for economics?

http://www.x-rates.com/

• January 14, 2012 12:18 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

....Oh , just that the US is worth very little , now , next to the UK Pound , AND , Probably the Japanese Yen. BUT , YOU'RE WELCOME.

Dead Boy said:

Thank you, John.  Mmm, but I always couldn't 100 % understand your comments! :/

Haha, yeah, when I was a kid, 1 USD was 360 Yen!

• January 12, 2012 2:47 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thank you, John.  Mmm, but I always couldn't 100 % understand your comments! :/

Haha, yeah, when I was a kid, 1 USD was 360 Yen!

• January 11, 2012 10:12 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Your English is fine , don't be hard on yourself. We all slip up a bit , unless we're fluent speakers of another language , beside our own....I understood you. I'm sure everyone else can, too. I'm sure you can learn more about what the Dollar to Pound (Or Yen , but , you seem have a good understanding of that...) conversion rate will be in , say , 5 years. I'm sure the experts have made predictions that are credible.  I almost went to England about 25 years ago , when the Dollar was , briefly , very strong. I don't think it's been strong for a long time , certainly not since Britain refused to get on the Euro , and even , before then. Everybody wants our money , and , yet , nobody wants our money.

Dead Boy said:

Thanks for the reply, but I want to know fair (right?) late.  Now, 1 USD is about 78 Yen (It means USD is too cheap!!!), but if the American economy is recovered, 1 USD will be 90 - 100 Yen, and I think it's fair late.  As I said, now, 1USD is about 1.6 GBP, so if the American economy is recovered, how much GBP is worth 1 USD?  Or, how much GBP was worth 1 USD about a years ago?

Sorry for my bad English!

• September 11, 2011 12:51 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Vielen dank for the reply!  1.4 is nice!  If I can wait to buy a VST from UK till it, I can save about 200 bucks!  I still can't understand well why investors in the world buy Yen!  Anyway, I'll buy another one from Germany soon.  Thanx!
    • September 10, 2011 11:18 AM CDT
    • Untitled

I think when times are good the pound is worth about 1.4 or 1.5 dollars. To be honest everywhere in the West sucks so the pound is worthless and the Euro isn't much better so 1.6 isn't that crazy. For Brits it was way better a few years ago when the British economy was kicking arse while something was wrong with the American, then it was nearly 2 dollars to the pound and we could do some serious business.
    • September 8, 2011 9:14 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks for the reply, but I want to know fair (right?) late.  Now, 1 USD is about 78 Yen (It means USD is too cheap!!!), but if the American economy is recovered, 1 USD will be 90 - 100 Yen, and I think it's fair late.  As I said, now, 1USD is about 1.6 GBP, so if the American economy is recovered, how much GBP is worth 1 USD?  Or, how much GBP was worth 1 USD about a years ago?

Sorry for my bad English!

• September 8, 2011 8:21 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I just ordered the August 2011 issue of the Guitarist magazine for the feature on the Belairs and Dick Dale.  It was 7.5 GBP (shipping included): $12, which is less than the $15.99 it sold for at Borders.

The other night I ordered The Cramps - Live at Club 57 in 1979 CD from a small German record store for €17.69, which comes to $24.89.

• September 8, 2011 7:41 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I have some bucks in my Paypal! :(
    • September 7, 2011 5:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Fortunately for me, pocket lint rarely changes dramatically in value ; )

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel