Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Debauch-A-Reno #2 vs. Burgerama II

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 6, 2013 5:46 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Never been to either one, I have seen quite a few bands on both lineups. They both fall on the same dates, I'm undecided, don't know which one to go to. Which one would you go to?

• March 1, 2013 5:32 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Damn, the listings improved again. Damnit. Can't fuggin' go :( *sniffle*

• February 28, 2013 7:57 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

And let's not forget (aside from the killer BAND lineup)... not only do you have DJs Jello Fucking Biafra and Russell Fucking Quan, but you also have the Thing With Two Fucking Heads!!!

Damn, I wish I could go to this...

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• February 28, 2013 6:42 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Man I wish I hadn't read this update.
    • February 28, 2013 6:34 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

too bad! Knock on wood! (for both) 

• February 28, 2013 6:26 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yes, it was strictly a coincidence. 

Tersicore said:

But why they do such big things on the same w-end and town?? just coincidence?

• February 28, 2013 6:20 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I would have no doubt! Never been to either one as well but the Debauch-A-Reno sounds much much better... (don´t miss King Automatic!!:)
      The trouble is, i won´t go to either one anyway since i´m too far away... :´(

But why they do such big things on the same w-end and town?? just coincidence?

• February 28, 2013 5:31 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello, stupids!

The new Debauch-A-Reno poster with final line up is below. Yup, that's THEE Jello Biafra now on board DJing with us! 

Also, if you still haven't heard these fine Slovenly bands, you can stream a lot of it here:

http://slovenly.bandcamp.com/

See ya there.

• February 28, 2013 2:50 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Are they only expecting about 200+ ? The Sonics could draw 500 here in Chicago , and nobody wants to book them. No matter , I'm with you , hands down , no contest.

• February 28, 2013 11:46 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Debauch-A-Reno, hands down. Both weekenders will surely kick ass, but only one bill has on it legendary bands you won't likely see again anytime soon. Also, bars in Nevada may stay open all night; no 2 am curfew like California. Now, is there enough white powder in Reno to keep 200+ rock'n'roll maniacs fueled through the festivities? I guess we will see. ;)

• February 18, 2013 9:07 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

With more notice to plan/budget it'd be worth it for sure! A buncha bands are comin' round my neck of the woods on the way in/out for SXSW so that's cool & this Saturday I'm catching the Hi-Tone's last show with Oblivians & Barbara's. 5 hours 1 way & I hafta turn back around right after but that's not so bad as AR-NV. :)
    • February 18, 2013 8:50 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah , that'd be crazy.....Maybe there'll be something else you CAN get to in the "Spring" (Does anyone still have those?) or summer. I have'nt done a fest since two Ponderosa Stomps ago.

Jane Dear said:

I live like 24 hours away driving in a normal vehicle going a normal pace. A bus/train would take forever wouldn't it? That was mostly a joke... I've used up most of my days off and all the RT flights are like more than my rent. If I could live off a barter system I'd be content for life.
    • February 18, 2013 8:08 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Yeah, if this was like 6 years ago... I'd be headed there already. :) I have a job and I barter everything I possibly can already. Small businesses don't usually have a budget for quality web development or graphic design even if it would actually make them more money, so I've traded out some pricey things before. Too bad airlines don't need me!

melissa scott said:

Yep, a lot of living in the Garage live on fresh air a lot of the time. Might have to go to barter if people don't have jobs, right?

• February 18, 2013 7:58 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yep, a lot of living in the Garage live on fresh air a lot of the time. Might have to go to barter if people don't have jobs, right?

• February 18, 2013 7:41 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

I live like 24 hours away driving in a normal vehicle going a normal pace. A bus/train would take forever wouldn't it? That was mostly a joke... I've used up most of my days off and all the RT flights are like more than my rent. If I could live off a barter system I'd be content for life.
    • February 18, 2013 7:28 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I don't know where you live , and it's not my  biz , but , is it possible to take a bus or train? Maybe you could catch more sleep that way.

• February 18, 2013 3:27 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

I keep calculating the drive and how I could legally stay awake until work on Monday.

melissa scott said:

I'm with Jane Dear BIG SIGHS!

• February 18, 2013 2:26 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Chin up , you at least have a better chance seeing The Sonics in Australia than I have , living in Chicago.

aspire said:

Um,no brainer, it's The Sonics !! Though Ide really like to see Tijuana Panthers and given that I'm in Australia, chances are very slim at this stage
    • February 17, 2013 2:50 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Um,no brainer, it's The Sonics !! Though Ide really like to see Tijuana Panthers and given that I'm in Australia, chances are very slim at this stage
    • February 15, 2013 10:27 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Every time I'm reminded about Debauch-a-Reno I'm overcome with grief that I can't swing the trip. BIG OL' SIGHS. 

• February 7, 2013 12:47 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I think it's an easy choice , too. Even if you're lucky enough to have seen The Sonics and The Sloths in L.A.

• February 7, 2013 12:10 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

come on man, easy choice. without a doubt Debauch-A-Reno.

• February 6, 2013 7:09 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

SONICS , GORIES , SLOTHS !!! No Brainer. Yes I've never heard of most of the other bands on the Debauch - A - Reno , but the bands I HAVE heard of at Burgerama II (And several  that I have'nt.) I could go see at The Empty Bottle in Chicago. That is , if I wanted to.

The Gories have played Chicago a total of three times in the past 23 years (And , THEY tellme , CHICAGO IS A PRETTY BIG TOWN THAT IS'NT A TWO DAY DRIVE FROM DETROIT.). I saw them in '90 and '10 , butmissed the second show , in '91. Dan Kroha told me hedoes'nt remember that gig.But , if they take a notion , I know that they  can fill The Empty Bottle , or any comparable venue twice , again. The SONICS , WELL , if you don't live in Western Europe , Australia or The American Northwest , and/ or maybe SF or L.A. , LOTSA LUCK SEEING THEM. The Sloths , I doubt they've played outside of LA , ATLEAST NOT SO MUCH THAT YOU'D NOTICE , WHEN THEY'D BE A SHOO - IN FOR THE PONDEROSA STOMP......Tho' I'm placing my bets on that like I am on The Sonics. So , while the secondary bands hold little interest for me , and , yes , I could be surprised by some , were I to go . I'm an old fuck who likes it old school. Bands like Hunxand His Punx or Shannon and The Clams are amusing , but , I could'nt see paying to see them. I only ever saw The Black Lips because they were opening for The Weirdos , and they were terrible.

I'm in the minority , here , I know , I say , do whatcha wanna do and play how ya wanna play , to quote The Fever Tree , another old man band.

• February 6, 2013 6:08 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Sorry, -- Gories? GORIES. Go. :D

Looking at Burgerama II, it's a decidedly CA, LA-leaning event just looking at Day 2 -- ok, kewl, ya neh? But for my dollars (and I do count 'em) you get a lot more for your dough at the Reno event, bands you'd have to travel to see... I like that the bands are from near and far for that one. So, that seems like an awesome opportunity. And... it's the Gories. Oh, did I say that?

Yeah, well, anyone with more information regarding either event, do share!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel