Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Shangri-Las

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 23, 2011 5:51 AM CDT
    • Untitled

That's them in the picture that heads up this group. I wonder if everyone knows that Mary Weiss, lead singer, did an album a few years ago, called "Dangerous Game," backed by Reigning Sound, and it's really good. Mary performs occasionally, I saw her in Hoboken (NJ) 3 years ago, and had the pleasure of meeting her. She's a real sweetheart.

At a yard sale, I found an old Cashbox newspaper with the Shangri-Las on the cover, and sent a scan to her. She was excited to see it, and told me that over the years, she's lost all of her memorabilia. So I sent it to her. If anyone has anything like this that they'd be willing to part with, Mary would love to have it, she's on Facebook.
    • December 19, 2011 4:36 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I saw Mary a few years ago , she looked and sounded amazing. The album on Norton ROCKS. Not taking away from her past glories , but it's a greatĀ setting to hear her in.....One can only imagine , the unfinished Shangri - La's reunion album on Sire Records , at the height of East Coast Punk and Power Pop , might have sounded something like this.....

• June 24, 2011 4:05 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

never thought of looking on fb, will look later, thanks.
    • June 24, 2011 2:45 PM CDT
    • Untitled

I asked her about a follow up, she said she wanted to, but nothing was definite. That was a while ago. You could ask her on Facebook.
    • June 24, 2011 1:16 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Dangerous game is the sound of a Shangri-la grown up, do you know if she has any plans for s follow up?

The Shangri-las are my favourite girl band of that era and Mary has the most sexy speaking voice on record, just listen to past, present and future!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel