Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: So what was the first beer you ever got drunk on?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 22, 2011 11:42 AM CST
    • Untitled

Anyone remember?  Well for me, it was around '84, when I was just a skinny little runt and the brand was "Black Label", an ultra-cheapo brand that I can't find in this state anymore!  I'm sure many of you here in the States know this brand with it's retro "old timey" label and can probably find it at your local ghetto grocery...I lived in an historical section of the city, but the closer you got to the downtown area, the seedier and rougher it got, which meant a high concentration of "bum traffic".  What was adventurous for me (and my buddies) was to skateboard over into this colorful section and hand over some well-earned odd job money to a stinky 'ole wino and send him into the closest ghetto mart to pick up the cheapest brew at the time--"Black Label"!  What was even more of an experience was to just sit around in an alley and drink with these old blokes and listen to their stories!  Anyway, yes, "Black Label" was my "special" joy juice in my younger teen years, especially summer nights hangin' out with vagrants, buddies, and listening to Black Flag...Then came "Milwaukee's Best", "Olympia", etc., etc., etc.....
    • March 15, 2011 4:30 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Modelo is good stuff!

Rev. R. Von Munster said:
      Well, in fact they were "Modelo", regular modelo, they´re virtually in every grocery store here in mexico, you can buy it without flashin' ID. I was in highschool, and there were parties every friday, so we went to the local grocery store, buy a six pack and get drunk every time we could.

joey fuckup said:
      Welllll...I'll take an uneducated stab and say....Corona??? Or Sol? Tecate? I love Sol myself, and feel that Corona is way overrated (although I hear it's considered piss water down in Mexico), and the last time I drank Tecate? Well, let's say, I won't be going back to Nag's Head, NC anytime soon!
    • March 15, 2011 11:18 AM CDT
    • Untitled

I love Yeungling! Oh, and PBR, haha...As for Hurrican, I can't remember if I have had it or not...I know they sell it around here...Hmmm...may have to drink it on the next installment of "40 Oz. Nonsense"!

Jon said:
      first time I was drunk it was 2 of these I'm sure

as for actual beer probably Yeungling or PBR
    • March 15, 2011 6:58 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

first time I was drunk it was 2 of these I'm sure as for actual beer probably Yeungling or PBR
    • March 11, 2011 5:32 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

DU DEMON BEER

• March 11, 2011 5:30 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

By blackglove at 2011-03-08

• March 10, 2011 7:35 PM CST
    • Untitled

Welllll...I'll take an uneducated stab and say....Corona??? Or Sol? Tecate? I love Sol myself, and feel that Corona is way overrated (although I hear it's considered piss water down in Mexico), and the last time I drank Tecate? Well, let's say, I won't be going back to Nag's Head, NC anytime soon!
    • February 12, 2011 8:21 PM CST
    • Untitled

Funny you mention Private Stock, because I love that shit! It's the malt liquor with the "imported" taste! Matter of fact, I tried to find some recently at one of my local grocery stores and they didn't carry it anymore! Guess I'll have to venture deep into the ghetto for that! I love Mickey's, which I can get with relative ease, but Black Label isn't in the state of VA anymore, so when a pal goes up north (somewhere), I have him grab me a sixer at a truckstop...I can dig on some Molsen too...
    • February 12, 2011 8:17 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm pretty sure it was a Molsen since that's what my dad used to drink.  then I got introduced to the world of 40's  Private Stock  Head Wrecker, and of course Black Label.  "Mable Black Lable"  still a staple in this house.  I remember Mickeys too.  I don't remember how we got 'em they just seemed to show up and get passed aroun while we played Card games like up the river down the river and drunk driver..then I got an older roommate and graduated to Jameson!!
    • January 25, 2011 6:00 PM CST
    • Untitled

I would love to have some Swedish moonshine!  I need to get out your way!

Zorch Productions said:

All of y'all should try swedish "folk-ol" or "people's beer" which is a sort of low alcohol (not more than 3,5%) beer sold in most stores. Tastes like yep, you guessed it, watered down beer! But that was the drug of choice for kids here as there is a 20 year age limit on stronger stuff!

For "strong" beer, wine & booze we have to go to a government run chain of liquor stores; SYSTEMBOLAGET. Check it out... www.systenbolaget.se

Mmmmm, sweden is fantastic & it's great that the state keeps your drinking in check. Up til a few years back it was closed saturdays! But we do have great moonshine here, though!

• January 25, 2011 12:40 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

All of y'all should try swedish "folk-ol" or "people's beer" which is a sort of low alcohol (not more than 3,5%) beer sold in most stores. Tastes like yep, you guessed it, watered down beer! But that was the drug of choice for kids here as there is a 20 year age limit on stronger stuff!

For "strong" beer, wine & booze we have to go to a government run chain of liquor stores; SYSTEMBOLAGET. Check it out... www.systenbolaget.se

Mmmmm, sweden is fantastic & it's great that the state keeps your drinking in check. Up til a few years back it was closed saturdays! But we do have great moonshine here, though!

Fuzzed, fucked up & forty... www.facebook.com/zorchproductions

• January 25, 2011 11:09 AM CST
    • Untitled

I have a friend that travels north to PA sometimes, and he will pick me up a 6 pack of it...I think it tastes pretty good, but that could just be me (hahaha)...It doesn't come in the white can anymore though, it's in a red can...Wonder when they changed the colors?

The Mimicos said:
      black label was toronto's punk rock beer of choice in the late 70's and early eighties until it was taken over by carlsberg in canada and became undrinkable swill, even for punk rockers....one of my old bands even wrote a love song to black label called 'the label is black'...i still have the last can i ever bought...probably undrinkable now.........
    • January 24, 2011 4:53 PM CST
    • Untitled

Ah yes, I do remember Schaefer!  No longer around here neither, although it stayed around longer than Black Label!  Yes, I do remember the Mickey's old tops!  Have you bought any lately?  They have the screw off tops with the picture riddles under the cap...Kinda like the kind of shit you see on those activity place mats at Pizza Hut...

DammitDave said:

Schaefer for me but I loved Black Label, too.  I don't see either of those around here (Southern Illinois) any more although I did run across Schaefer Light but not regular when I went to Memphis last year (I bought 2 12 packs even though it was Light).

I drank my share of Mickey's in my younger days.  Remember the old hand grenade pull tops that you were bound to cut the shit out of yourself on?  You just hoped you would get drunk enough that you wouldn't care before it happened.

• January 24, 2011 2:16 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Schaefer for me but I loved Black Label, too.  I don't see either of those around here (Southern Illinois) any more although I did run across Schaefer Light but not regular when I went to Memphis last year (I bought 2 12 packs even though it was Light).

I drank my share of Mickey's in my younger days.  Remember the old hand grenade pull tops that you were bound to cut the shit out of yourself on?  You just hoped you would get drunk enough that you wouldn't care before it happened.

• January 24, 2011 6:34 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Old Milwaukee.... 

First beer to make me hurl - Michelob Light

• January 24, 2011 6:18 AM CST
    • Untitled

I actually drink the Mickey's from time to time, hahaha....

Kat said:

you get Black Label beer here in South Africa. Cheap-o beer.

We used to drink Mikey's Big Mouth....blech! (I'm from the US)

• January 24, 2011 2:15 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

you get Black Label beer here in South Africa. Cheap-o beer.

We used to drink Mikey's Big Mouth....blech! (I'm from the US)

Smell it first...

• January 23, 2011 4:40 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Unfortunately, it was Bud.  But when you're 15, you take whatever the nice little man at the deli is willing to illegally sell you!  Plus, no one drank good beer back then - it was all crap.  My version of "Black Label" was Old English.  Drank a lot of that in paper bags outside on Murphy's Law shows back when NYC was fun.  Nice story on hanging out in the alley listening to tales.  That sounds awesome.  - Joe from GCM
    • January 23, 2011 3:38 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

..hej..Eichhof Lager...:)

cheers

max

• January 23, 2011 1:19 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Actually it was vodka for me... being a swede & all. 

When it came to beer later, which it took me a while to develop a taste for, it was also the cheapest shit. At the time Pripps Bla from a government run brewery! 

The cheapest makes no sens e though as we never trusted bums but went into the stores & nicked it. Man a bomber jacket can hold up to 8 large cans of brew. Once, taken by the cops, i magically produced 10 cans from the old, trustworthy jacket & a cop actually said: Hm, impressive & then wrote the ticket out!

Just a few years back i have been starting to drink super fancy ass ale from local breweries but still like straight hard liquour best. Never gives me much of a hangover, beer do. Only downside my drumming skills deteriorate fast as the shots go down.

Fuzzed, fucked up & forty... www.facebook.com/zorchproductions

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel