Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: GREAT German zombie flick

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 17, 2011 5:29 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Dead Snow

http://tinyurl.com/8rv3rw

Any others you know of?

Dudnt have to be German...

• June 9, 2011 1:35 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Can it be an "infection outbreak" movie?

• June 7, 2011 4:37 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

DOD SNO .......... shaun of the dead is just class!

dublÉ said:

FYI: Although the zombies are (initially) Germans, "Dead Snow" is a Norwegian movie ... :)

+ Check out "Shaun of the Dead"...

• June 7, 2011 12:49 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

FYI: Although the zombies are (initially) Germans, "Dead Snow" is a Norwegian movie ... :)

+ Check out "Shaun of the Dead"...

• May 25, 2011 9:16 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I didn't mind LotD.  Diary of the Dead was pretty good too, I thought.  I didn't know there was a feature planned for WWZ.  That should be cool!

Aldyth Beltane said:

I'll look for Die You Zombie Bastards, thanks for the suggestion!

Hmm, what else Zombie have I liked...  Actually dug Planet Terror quite a bit.  Shaun of the Dead, of course.  I seem to be one of the few people who liked Land of The Dead.  I've seen so many low budget zombie flicks they seem to run into one another at times. Sigh. Saw The Dead Hate The Living recently, another low budget parody flick that is not above citing its source material.

Finally got to see Tucker and Dale vs. Evil last night night, which, while not a zombie movie, is an incredibly pithy parody of horror movie conventions, in which two hapless hillbillies run afoul of psychotic college students. And Suck is a pretty nifty vampire flick, made better by appearances by Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper, and Henry Rollins.

It'll be interesting to see what is made of the World War Z movie, since it is a much larger scope than most zombie flicks.

• May 25, 2011 9:05 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Awesome!  Thank you so much!  I can't wait to get my grubby eyeballs on it.

McVICKER said:
      http://www.moviejock.com/r-point-2004-t-410.html

here you go enzo..not used this site befor so let me know how you get on if you watch it.
    • May 25, 2011 3:24 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

just found the horde on "stagevu" downloading it now.

while im here ill have a look see if it has R POINT for you.

@ aldyth, REC: was fantastic was much better than quarantine but to be fair for a re-make it was pretty faithful . but the spanish version just had something about it.
    • May 24, 2011 3:59 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Plus been watching THE HORDE.  Good stuff.
    • May 24, 2011 3:58 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

If you gots a copy of this lay it on me.
    • May 23, 2011 1:57 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

R-Point,which if you havent seen it is a K-horror.....came across it by accident about a Korean patrol sent out to find another missing patrol. the opening scene is two radio operators receiving a message from the missing patrol after six months dead.....its so creepy and well done with a great twist heres the trailer for it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcrj0_1F5dg
    • May 23, 2011 1:51 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

....fido was really good!...took me half the film to work out the lead was played by billy Connelly

Aldyth Beltane said:

I'm fairly keen on Zombie movies, and I have to say one of my faves is Fido, which is kind of a parody, but amazingly well done and with a great cast - set in a kind of Atomic Era milieu, it's about a boy and his zombie, "Fido," who is played by Billy Connelly. Wackiness ensues.

Also enjoyed "Zombies of Mass Destruction," which is a kind of low budget take on the zombie invasion of a small isolated town with some rather messed up values.  It's a little slow moving to start, but the pay off is worth it.

Rec is incredibly creepy, and is the more concise and effective original movie that "Quarantine" was based on.

• April 11, 2011 2:25 AM CDT
    • Untitled

Land of the Dead is too much of an action film for me to consider it a zombie flick. I found it a real let down after what I thought was an amazing Dawn of the Dead remake. I thought it would be a Day of the Dead type remake, and they took it too far with the intelligent zombie thing. 

The Horde is probably the best zombie flick I've seen in a while. It's a French film and I think it's a socio political reference to the suburban estates that are hotbeds for minority tensions in France. The attempt of police to subvert the law to exact revenge for the death of a friend is interesting. The ending is pure zombie flick style.

• April 9, 2011 11:03 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'll look for Die You Zombie Bastards, thanks for the suggestion!

Hmm, what else Zombie have I liked...  Actually dug Planet Terror quite a bit.  Shaun of the Dead, of course.  I seem to be one of the few people who liked Land of The Dead.  I've seen so many low budget zombie flicks they seem to run into one another at times. Sigh. Saw The Dead Hate The Living recently, another low budget parody flick that is not above citing its source material.

Finally got to see Tucker and Dale vs. Evil last night night, which, while not a zombie movie, is an incredibly pithy parody of horror movie conventions, in which two hapless hillbillies run afoul of psychotic college students. And Suck is a pretty nifty vampire flick, made better by appearances by Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper, and Henry Rollins.

It'll be interesting to see what is made of the World War Z movie, since it is a much larger scope than most zombie flicks.

• April 9, 2011 10:12 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I really dug Fido-a great take on american culture and zombie culture as well.  I'll check out ZOMD-have you seen Die You Zombie Bastards?  Low budget but worth every moment;has a cameo from Hasil Adkins to boot...you just can't beat that! What else is good for you?

enz

• March 22, 2011 6:40 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm fairly keen on Zombie movies, and I have to say one of my faves is Fido, which is kind of a parody, but amazingly well done and with a great cast - set in a kind of Atomic Era milieu, it's about a boy and his zombie, "Fido," who is played by Billy Connelly. Wackiness ensues.

Also enjoyed "Zombies of Mass Destruction," which is a kind of low budget take on the zombie invasion of a small isolated town with some rather messed up values.  It's a little slow moving to start, but the pay off is worth it.

Rec is incredibly creepy, and is the more concise and effective original movie that "Quarantine" was based on.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel