Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums The Rest of the World
  • Topic: Gaia from Japan

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 19, 2010 11:11 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

One of the rockingest bands I've ever seen was a touring band from Japan that I played a hall show gig with, an all-women four-piece named Gaia. Anyone that could point me at recorded material from that band would be greatly appreciated.
    • December 18, 2010 10:52 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I want to thank everyone that replied to this post.  Through some of the references and leads  you all provided I've found my way to a source for at least one CD for The Gaia's music.  It was a CD released in 1998, including some material recorded live at Gilman Street, and I remember in my conversation with them at the show we played together that they mentioned they were going to be playing at Gilman on that tour.  So there were apparently at least two separate US tours, as well.  Thanks again!

• December 16, 2010 5:14 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ahh,

...just checked my CD 'Kick Up Ass' Dated 1994 so that must have been the year they were here when I saw them.  They might have came back in 1997 but I'm sure I didn't see them in 97' cause that was the year I moved from SF CA to STL MO

Larry Howes said:

It was definitely in the 90s, but I think it must have been a bit later than 93 because I wasn't playing at that time.  IIRC it was The Hutus (my band) first show with Scotty Swan on bass, so that would have put it in 97.

That band indeed did Kick Up Ass. ; )

Indeed.  Never saw anything like it, and all without breaking a sweat or a nail.

• December 15, 2010 5:09 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ya that first single is pretty cool.  PUSH PUSH PUSH!

• December 15, 2010 4:06 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi there

My first post on this board - hope it's of some use. I have two records by the Gaia - both on US labels. The first is a 7" ep on Six Weeks records, pressed on both black and red vinyl, called 'No.1' This was recorded in Aug/Sep 94 (according to the sleeve) The second is an album with one live side and one studio side (Sound Pollution Records) Recorded in 95. I belive there is a CD called Kick Up Ass that came out after the EP as I have a letter from Gana (singer) telling me it was due out.

Cheers

MrMutant

• December 15, 2010 8:36 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hmmm, sounds great, maybe Mr. Marty Shane from Pacification Records can help out? He has a profile here on the Hideout and does a lot of great stuff in Japan.

Here for the stir

• December 13, 2010 7:47 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It was definitely in the 90s, but I think it must have been a bit later than 93 because I wasn't playing at that time.  IIRC it was The Hutus (my band) first show with Scotty Swan on bass, so that would have put it in 97.

That band indeed did Kick Up Ass. ; )

Indeed.  Never saw anything like it, and all without breaking a sweat or a nail.

• November 22, 2010 8:01 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I remember them, hung out with them for a while when they were in the states what was that back in 93? Anyways I was lucky enough for them to give me an autographed cd. I've never seen any other recordings from them, and the cd recording didn't do them justice. That band indeed did Kick Up Ass. ; )

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel