Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Best Stuff No One is Watching

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 30, 2013 4:13 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There's a great book called Mondo Macabro - a beautiful coffee table book with lots of great pictures - that is dedicated to strange cinema around the world. It's put out by the people who run a distributor of the same name (whose releases are killer) and puts out a lot of these gems, including Pakistani Dracula (aka The Living Corpse).

They have a bunch of Bollywood horror films, Indonesian fantasy (lots of floating heads and lasers), Turkish cheese, Italian weirdness, etc.

If you think Bollywood is crazy, check out the heyday of Turkish fantastic cinema. The Man Who Saved the World (aka Turkish Star Wars) is pretty great and totally incoherent but a real hoot. Tarkan Vs. The Vikings is cheese-tacular in the best ways. Kilink in Istanbul is trashy and pretty glorious. Lots of great stuff from Turkey in the 50s-70s. 

Only Indonesian films come close to that kind of weirdness. The Devil's Sword, Queen of Black Magic, and Virgins from Hell are all pretty clutch. Lots of floating heads, lasers, voodoo and other suck malarky. 

• January 30, 2013 4:11 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

No doubt about it, television has given us some really trippy things, often w/o their knowledge! I get a kick out of it, and occasionally they do the right thing and put out something good, like PeeWee's Playhouse or the Simpsons.

And no, I missed Belushi in that role, dimmit.

John Battles said:

Well , I was determined to watch the whole thing. Never gave it much thought , until the revamped Famous Monsters magazine (They did a whole issue , given the illusion that it was still 1970 , a couple of years ago , which actually worked.) did a feature article and even gave it the cover. Then , recently , by chance , I met Arnold Stang's Granddaughter's Husband. I got some snacks , "Grew a pair" , and braced myself to watch"Hercules in New York". I found it funnier than Hell ,if for all teh wrong reasons.  It has a very unitentionally druggy vibe , like a less catatonic "Star Wars Xmas Special" , except , if Belushi had sat through THAT , he could have survived any kind of speedball. Does anybody remember John Belushi , dressed as Godzilla , hosting "Godzilla Vs. Megalon" on prime time? I'm not making this up.

dave said:

Whew, "Mister, you're a better man than I"! I just watched a minute or two on Youtube and it vas excruciating! Maybe when my kitsch module gets an upgrade!

John Battles said:

OK , I DID THE UNTHINKABLE. 

I WATCHED "HERCULES IN NEW YORK" , AND EVEN PAID (NOT FULL PRICE) FOR THE PRIVELEDGE. IT'S HILARIOUS ! NOT BECAUSE THE COMEDY WRITING OR SIGHT GAGS ARE ALWAYS , OR EVEN USUALLY , ON THE MARK , BUT , JUST BECAUSE THE PREMISE IS SO WEIRD , AND THE DIRECTION IS NOT SO MUCH FLUID , AS RUNNY. SOMEONE LEFT THE CAKE OUT IN THE RAIN , BABY. IT'S MORE FUNNY IN A "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?" SORT OF WAY.  HERCULES , SURROUNDED BY GODDESSES ON MT. OLYMPUS (AND PRIMED TO BE A SCOUNDREL LIKE HIS OLD MAN , ZEUS.), DECIDES HE'D LIKE TO COME DOWN TO EARTH AND BE AMONG THE COMMON FOLK (AS HE DID IN THE OLD GRECO - ROMAN MYTHS.). HIS WANDERLUST INFURIATES DAD , WHO STRIKES HIM WITH A THUNDERBOLT , SENDING HIM HURTLING INTO THE ATLANTIC OCEAN.....HE HOPS A BOAT , KICKS MOST OF THE UNRULY CREW'S ASSES , AND TURNS UP IN MODERN NEW YORK . HERE , HE ENCOUNTERS THE REAL MAN - GOD , ARNOLD STANG , WHO BECOMES HIS BEST FRIEND (IT'S A LONG WAY FROM BEING BEST FRIENDS WITH SINATRA , BUT , HEY....) , FROM THERE , HE KICKS SOME MORE MORTAL ASS , PLUS A MAN IN A VERY BAD BEAR SUIT , AND RIDES A CHARIOT THRU BROADWAY ( I THINK THEY SPENT THE ENTIRE  BUDGET ON THE PERMITS TO DO THAT SHOT. ) , AND , HE BECOMES A FAMOUS WRESTLER , BUT , GETS MIXED UP WITH SOME GANGSTERS (IN 1970s NEW YORK ?! NEVER !), AND , WELL , I FORGET.......

THE COOLEST PART ABOUT THE DVD RELEASE IS , YOU CAN PLAY IT WITH SCHWARZENEGGER'S ACTUAL DIALOGUE (IN WHICH HE BUTCHERS THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE , PHONETICALLY. SUBTILES ARE PROVIDED.), OR THE VOICE - OVER  USED IN THE CHEAP EXPLOITATION DEVICE , WHEN THE MOVIE WAS RE- RELEASED AS "Hercules: the movie" in 1983 , after the success of "CONAN THE BARBARIAN". SCHWARZENEGGER NEVER REALLY AMOUNTED TO MUCH AS AN ACTOR , ANYWAY , BUT HE COULD DO COMEDY ("True Lies", "Look Who's Talking , Unintelligibly".) , SO , IF YOU WANT A GOOD LAUGH , YOU MIGHT FIND IT WITH THE GUBERNATOR'S DEBUT.  Hasta La Vini Vidi Vici , Baby.

• January 30, 2013 4:07 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I HAVE'NT WATCHED A LOT OF BOLLYWOOD FILMS , BECAUSE THEY'RE USUALLY THREE HOURS LONG , OR LONGER , AND CHOCK FULL
      OF MUSICAL/ ROMANCE ROUTINES.....THE "ACTION" MOVIES MAY BE AN EXCEPTION, I DON'T KNOW.  I did find a copy of the South Indian  Superman film (There's another, also unauthorized , better known , Indian "Superman" , but I've only seen bits of it on You Tube.). SAVE FOR BEING 3 1/2 HOURS IN LENGTH AND CONTAINING TOO MANY MUSICAL/ROMANTIC SEQUENCES , PARTS OF IT ARE SO BAD , THEY'RE HILARIOUS.

"SUPERMAN" LOOKS LIKE TONY CLIFTON ,  OVERWEIGHT , ROUGHLY MIDDLE - AGED , WITH A HUGE BLACK POMPADOUR AND A SKINNY MOUSTACHUE. SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF CAN ONLY GO SO FAR , EVEN IN A FANTASY FILM.

What's interesting is , like Bruce Wayne , the future "Superman" vows to fight crime after his parents are murdered by bandits in a home invasion. HOW he acquires his super - powers is'nt readily explained (Unless you speak teh language , I guess.). One minute , he's a child , the next , he looks like he's subbing for Eugene in The Rezillos (Actually , Eugene looks much better , today , than this guy did , then.).......

But , if coherency is more your bag , may I suggest : "The Pakistani Dracula" , which is actually quite good , and does two thing no Dracula movie (To my knowledge) has ever done. First , it tells the ORIGIN of Dracula. A brilliant scientist tries to find a serum that will make eternal life a reality....But , he's not so brilliant , as a chemical flub turns him into a vampire , instead. Well , he got eternal life. I'd read , previously , that Dracula was once a mortal man who made a deal with The Devil , and got screwed , for eternal life. But , I think Uncle Forry said that......

The other think I've NEVER heard of happening in a Dracula picture , was the notorious scene in the novel where Dracula's brides try to get a bit(e) from Jonathan Harker , and the Count gives them a baby to share , as a compromise , so that Dracula can carry out his evil scheme with Harker. Heinous as this sounds , the baby is represented by a dummy wrapped in bandages with no discernible human characteristics , except in shape. Still , it was heavy shit. In the 50's , yet.....
      dave said:

Yeh, definitely sounds like a great time w/ friends and a case of beer!

We have a theater here that does 'Bollywood at the Hollywood' and shows what sounds like really fun Indian action flicks. Need to make that show sometime...

Greg Hanson said:

I have had that on the list for a while but I haven't had a chance to check it out.

Just watched The Stabilizer, a super cheesy Indonesian actioner by Arizal (who needs more than one name?) who is also responsible for schlock like American Hunter. It's pretty stock action cheese setup of a bad guy looking for a secret formula from a doctor and one man (who looks a lot like Brian May from Queen) has to stop him. 

Lots of good, unnecessary explosions and some really funny one-liners. Not 100% necessary viewing but definitely a good one to hoot and holler at on a drunken Thursday night.

dave said:

The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T  (1953) is a musical fantasy film, the only feature film ever written by Theodor Seuss Geisel (Dr. Seuss), who was responsible for the story, screenplay and lyrics.

Whole Movie Here!

• January 30, 2013 4:04 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Got a little wang to it  ;D

• January 30, 2013 3:44 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Newbaum (After "Spiking the punch" with his friends outside the school dance.):"MAAAAH DICK IS IN THE PUNCH !!!! MAH - HAH -HAAAAHHH DICK IS IN THE PUNCH !!!"

Teacher: "IZ ZERE SUMVUN HERE NAMED DICK  ?!"

B.B. Fultz said:

I think it was "R" actually, cuz of all the sexual innuendo (such as the one-armed violinist and "He'z holdzing it viz hiz dick!"). Not 100% sure, it's been awhile.

John Battles said:

I like "Porky's" , too , but 'Hollywood Knights " is way funnier.
       Maybe there was'nt enough nudity to carrry it over , but , still a little more than we were used to seeing in a PG rated movie at the time. It was PG , was'nt it?
      B.B. Fultz said:

I remember The Hollywood Knights. I also thought it was majorly funny. Newbomb Turk's rendition of Volare alone was worth the price of admission. I don't know why Porky's became a "classic" but Hollywood Knights, which was at least as good (maybe better), remained obscure. Not enough nudity I guess.

• January 30, 2013 3:39 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well , I was determined to watch the whole thing. Never gave it much thought , until the revamped Famous Monsters magazine (They did a whole issue , given the illusion that it was still 1970 , a couple of years ago , which actually worked.) did a feature article and even gave it the cover. Then , recently , by chance , I met Arnold Stang's Granddaughter's Husband. I got some snacks , "Grew a pair" , and braced myself to watch"Hercules in New York". I found it funnier than Hell ,if for all teh wrong reasons.  It has a very unitentionally druggy vibe , like a less catatonic "Star Wars Xmas Special" , except , if Belushi had sat through THAT , he could have survived any kind of speedball. Does anybody remember John Belushi , dressed as Godzilla , hosting "Godzilla Vs. Megalon" on prime time? I'm not making this up.

dave said:

Whew, "Mister, you're a better man than I"! I just watched a minute or two on Youtube and it vas excruciating! Maybe when my kitsch module gets an upgrade!

John Battles said:

I WATCHED "HERCULES IN NEW YORK" , AND EVEN PAID (NOT FULL PRICE) FOR THE PRIVELEDGE. IT'S HILARIOUS ! NOT BECAUSE THE COMEDY WRITING OR SIGHT GAGS ARE ALWAYS , OR EVEN USUALLY , ON THE MARK , BUT , JUST BECAUSE THE PREMISE IS SO WEIRD , AND THE DIRECTION IS NOT SO MUCH FLUID , AS RUNNY. SOMEONE LEFT THE CAKE OUT IN THE RAIN , BABY. IT'S MORE FUNNY IN A "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?" SORT OF WAY.  HERCULES , SURROUNDED BY GODDESSES ON MT. OLYMPUS (AND PRIMED TO BE A SCOUNDREL LIKE HIS OLD MAN , ZEUS.), DECIDES HE'D LIKE TO COME DOWN TO EARTH AND BE AMONG THE COMMON FOLK (AS HE DID IN THE OLD GRECO - ROMAN MYTHS.). HIS WANDERLUST INFURIATES DAD , WHO STRIKES HIM WITH A THUNDERBOLT , SENDING HIM HURTLING INTO THE ATLANTIC OCEAN.....HE HOPS A BOAT , KICKS MOST OF THE UNRULY CREW'S ASSES , AND TURNS UP IN MODERN NEW YORK . HERE , HE ENCOUNTERS THE REAL MAN - GOD , ARNOLD STANG , WHO BECOMES HIS BEST FRIEND (IT'S A LONG WAY FROM BEING BEST FRIENDS WITH SINATRA , BUT , HEY....) , FROM THERE , HE KICKS SOME MORE MORTAL ASS , PLUS A MAN IN A VERY BAD BEAR SUIT , AND RIDES A CHARIOT THRU BROADWAY ( I THINK THEY SPENT THE ENTIRE  BUDGET ON THE PERMITS TO DO THAT SHOT. ) , AND , HE BECOMES A FAMOUS WRESTLER , BUT , GETS MIXED UP WITH SOME GANGSTERS (IN 1970s NEW YORK ?! NEVER !), AND , WELL , I FORGET.......

THE COOLEST PART ABOUT THE DVD RELEASE IS , YOU CAN PLAY IT WITH SCHWARZENEGGER'S ACTUAL DIALOGUE (IN WHICH HE BUTCHERS THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE , PHONETICALLY. SUBTILES ARE PROVIDED.), OR THE VOICE - OVER  USED IN THE CHEAP EXPLOITATION DEVICE , WHEN THE MOVIE WAS RE- RELEASED AS "Hercules: the movie" in 1983 , after the success of "CONAN THE BARBARIAN". SCHWARZENEGGER NEVER REALLY AMOUNTED TO MUCH AS AN ACTOR , ANYWAY , BUT HE COULD DO COMEDY ("True Lies", "Look Who's Talking , Unintelligibly".) , SO , IF YOU WANT A GOOD LAUGH , YOU MIGHT FIND IT WITH THE GUBERNATOR'S DEBUT.  Hasta La Vini Vidi Vici , Baby.

• January 30, 2013 1:39 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeh, definitely sounds like a great time w/ friends and a case of beer!

We have a theater here that does 'Bollywood at the Hollywood' and shows what sounds like really fun Indian action flicks. Need to make that show sometime...

Greg Hanson said:

I have had that on the list for a while but I haven't had a chance to check it out.

Just watched The Stabilizer, a super cheesy Indonesian actioner by Arizal (who needs more than one name?) who is also responsible for schlock like American Hunter. It's pretty stock action cheese setup of a bad guy looking for a secret formula from a doctor and one man (who looks a lot like Brian May from Queen) has to stop him. 

Lots of good, unnecessary explosions and some really funny one-liners. Not 100% necessary viewing but definitely a good one to hoot and holler at on a drunken Thursday night.

dave said:

The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T  (1953) is a musical fantasy film, the only feature film ever written by Theodor Seuss Geisel (Dr. Seuss), who was responsible for the story, screenplay and lyrics.

Whole Movie Here!

• January 30, 2013 1:27 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

dave said:

Whole Movie Here!

• January 30, 2013 1:23 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Whole Movie Here!

• January 29, 2013 1:44 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

John Battles said:

• January 28, 2013 7:13 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• January 28, 2013 6:57 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I bought a copy of "Invasion of The Blood Farmers"about 20 years ago. I have a strong stomach for Bad Cinema , but , it was'nt even as good as the name would suggest. So , I traded my copy in , after sitting through it twice. Today , I saw a "Big Box" copy for a dollar , with the movie poster artwork in color. I got weak. Maybe when I have insomnia , I'll watch it again....I don't remember there even being any farmers in the picture. Just like there's no Frankenstein monster in "Frankenstein's Bloody Terror" , but , that's about as close to Hammer as a non - British Horror film ever got. Amicus and Tigon had a lot more money to work with than Paul Naschy ever did , but , the feel and the atmosphere and the gratuitous BLOOD is a more loving tribute to the studio that opened the door for modern Horror , and was now being shown it , than it's two key competitors (tho' they did some great stuff , too.).

• January 28, 2013 6:48 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

YOU KNOW WHAT , I NEVER HEARD ABOUT THAT ,BUT IT WOULD'NT SURPRISE ME. Mind you , when it came out , I did'nt know it was about Rock'n'Roll teens in , was it AUSTRALIA? And the villain is a Ted ....Well , a Holiday Camp Ted , like Oliver Reed in 'Tommy".... I also did'nt know it was freakin' hilarious. I thought it was another SLASHER FILM. I used to see it on VHS all the time , when I had no interest. It took a few years to find it , once I wanted a copy. But , I still have'nt watched my copy.

dave said:

Dead/Alive is the funniest horror movie I've seen. Found out there're 2 versions, a cleaned-up R-rated version, and the full uncensored version, which believe it or don't, is X-rated (at least in the States).

• January 27, 2013 2:56 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Dead/Alive is the funniest horror movie I've seen. Found out there're 2 versions, a cleaned-up R-rated version, and the full uncensored version, which believe it or don't, is X-rated (at least in the States).

• January 27, 2013 11:54 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Just watched bad taste- most excellent... I still love Dead Alive
    • January 22, 2013 8:07 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Full movie here. Amazing early stuff from Peter (King Kong) Jackson.

• January 21, 2013 6:25 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"WHO FAHNT THEM? HESS MED'CAL EHHHKZAM'NER BEEN AROUND?"    "FONDING AH MESS LOK THIS ORT TO MEK ENNYBODY FROTINT"  "OL BE GETINK FLESHKLAHT FROM PATROL CAR , YOU AN KELSEY TEK GIRL BEK TO TAHN." "OM A BIG BOY NOW , JOHNEE" 

Isolated Tor Johnson dialogue , "PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE".

"HERCULES IN NEW YORK"IS FREAKIN' hilarious , and wondrously surreal. Nothing to fear.

• January 21, 2013 12:45 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Talk about synchronicity. I literally just finished watching the unbelievably horrible Beast of Yucca Flats on the MST3K site, starring Tor Johnson himself, not 10 minutes ago. That movie might have been even worse than MANOS ...

• January 20, 2013 11:40 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

NO , YOU'RE PROBABLY RIGHT. A lot of movies would straddle that line , get just enough innuendo and cuss-words to earn a "PG" Rating , because , outside of family fare , a "G" was the kiss of death. However, too much of that stuff , with mild nudity , would garner an "R" , AND POTENTIALLY COST TEEN FARE LIKE "THE HOLLYWOOD KNIGHTS" much of it's teen audience. I THINK. I met Mary Woronov. She's a great lady. She said , in "Psychotronic" , that Paul Bartel played too strongly on the misconception that they were married , in real life. Well , we know who would have played the dominant role in THAT relationship.   Now , if you will all pray for me , I'm going to watch "Hercules in New York' with Arnold Stang and Arnold Schwarzenegger. The DVD actually has the option to play the movie with The Gubernator's original , undubbed dialogue (He could'nt speak English at the time.Or only in Tor Johnson - like rudments.). I watched "Madmen of Mandoras" (The uncut "They Saved Hitler's Brain".) earlier this week. I'm going in.

B.B. Fultz said:

I think it was "R" actually, cuz of all the sexual innuendo (such as the one-armed violinist and "He'z holdzing it viz hiz dick!"). Not 100% sure, it's been awhile.

John Battles said:

Maybe there was'nt enough nudity to carrry it over , but , still a little more than we were used to seeing in a PG rated movie at the time. It was PG , was'nt it?
      B.B. Fultz said:

I remember The Hollywood Knights. I also thought it was majorly funny. Newbomb Turk's rendition of Volare alone was worth the price of admission. I don't know why Porky's became a "classic" but Hollywood Knights, which was at least as good (maybe better), remained obscure. Not enough nudity I guess.

• January 20, 2013 5:00 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Damn, yeah I forgot about Eating Raoul. That was totally ace!

Paul yelling "Groove on this!" and chucking the space heater into the hot tub had to be one of the greatest comic moments in cinematic history. Along with the request for the double-decker car carrier to cart everyone off afterwards.

Paul & Mary Bland later showed up in the 80's B-movie Chopping Mall ... when they're previewing the "kill-bots" Mary actually says "Oh Paul we simply must get one of those for the restaurant!"

• January 20, 2013 1:57 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

John Battles said:

B.B. Fultz said:

• January 19, 2013 3:15 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah , the incidental music is crazy.....I'm not saying "Neighbors" should , today , be the best - known work by The Late John Belushi and Former Funnyman, Dan Akyroyd , but , it should be mentioned in the same breath as "Harold and Maude" , "Eating Raoul" , etc. It may even be the "Carnival of Souls" of 70'S - 80'S ERA COMEDY......

B.B. Fultz said:

Also the music from Neighbors reminded me a little of Varese -- always a plus.

• January 19, 2013 3:09 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah , Belushi dared to go out of character (And excel.) and his so - called "Fans" condemn him , and flock to see former funnyman Dudley Moore in "Arthur" , proclaiming it the funnier picture....A lot of people have never heard of "Neighbors" , though. After it's intital (Short.) run , I don't remember it being on cable , and only our friends , the Goodtimes Budget / Public Domain label ever released it to video.....Retraction , the earlier copy I purchased , used , which has to be 25+ years old , may have been on a bigger label. But , it's not available on DVD . IT'S MORE OBSCURE THAN IT DESERVES TO BE , BUT....maybe it's bette rthat way.

B.B. Fultz said:

Neighbors was awesome, and one of my all-time favorites, but I didn't think to mention it because it wasn't quite as obscure as the other films being mentioned here ... since it was another Akroyd/Belushi comedy, it achieved at least some notoriety. Although I definitely agree it's not nearly as well-known as it deserves to be. It was one of the greatest weird comedies ever. It was neat to see Belushi tackle a straight/deadpan role, instead of his usual maniacal characters (Bluto in Animal House, the mad pilot in 1941, even Jake from Blues Bros. although Jake was more of a laid-back maniac).

John Battles said:

That's a good question....I don't know about movies NO ONE is watching , but , there was always "Skidoo" , before it finally became commercially available , recently.

Other  movies I like to share would be "Neighbors" , not Horror or Sci - Fi , but , Psychotronic as Hell. Any movie that name - drops Sky Saxon and gives the antagonist (Dan Akyroyd before the mandatory ban on classic SNL alumni from being funny or even relevant , barring Bill Murray.) a Clutch Cargo Hairdo , and a soundtrack that cross - references The Twilite Zone theme , The Doors and The DEAD kENNEDYS (AS BURNED OUT AS I AM ON THE LATTER TWO), would have been a blockbuster smash in a world where Pee Wee Herman has a hit Saturday Morning SERIES , and Tim Burton has a seemingly endless run of box office blockbusters......Oh  , yeah , that all happened , too , just not soon enough.

The funniest  forgotten comedy of the 80's , and one of the funniest forgotten comedies , ever , is The Hollywood Knights (1980). The best pranks , EVER. It's LIKE "Porky's" , but , it's FUNNIER....Robert Wuhl (Who I predicted would become a big star , but , instead joined Dan Akyroyd , prematurely , at The Old Unfunny Folks' Home.) , and a pre - fame Fran Drescher create side - splittingly funny  sexual tension , while Tony Danza (Already famous. I think. I read that he died , two different times. What is the deal?) and a pre - fame Michelle Pfeiffer just talk about marriage and "The Future". Yawn.

• January 19, 2013 3:04 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

B.B. Fultz said:

John Battles said:

That's a good question....I don't know about movies NO ONE is watching , but , there was always "Skidoo" , before it finally became commercially available , recently.

Other  movies I like to share would be "Neighbors" , not Horror or Sci - Fi , but , Psychotronic as Hell. Any movie that name - drops Sky Saxon and gives the antagonist (Dan Akyroyd before the mandatory ban on classic SNL alumni from being funny or even relevant , barring Bill Murray.) a Clutch Cargo Hairdo , and a soundtrack that cross - references The Twilite Zone theme , The Doors and The DEAD kENNEDYS (AS BURNED OUT AS I AM ON THE LATTER TWO), would have been a blockbuster smash in a world where Pee Wee Herman has a hit Saturday Morning SERIES , and Tim Burton has a seemingly endless run of box office blockbusters......Oh  , yeah , that all happened , too , just not soon enough.

The funniest  forgotten comedy of the 80's , and one of the funniest forgotten comedies , ever , is The Hollywood Knights (1980). The best pranks , EVER. It's LIKE "Porky's" , but , it's FUNNIER....Robert Wuhl (Who I predicted would become a big star , but , instead joined Dan Akyroyd , prematurely , at The Old Unfunny Folks' Home.) , and a pre - fame Fran Drescher create side - splittingly funny  sexual tension , while Tony Danza (Already famous. I think. I read that he died , two different times. What is the deal?) and a pre - fame Michelle Pfeiffer just talk about marriage and "The Future". Yawn.

• January 19, 2013 1:50 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Also the music from Neighbors reminded me a little of Varese -- always a plus.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel