Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: your favorite trashy or sleazy horror movies

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 6, 2010 11:44 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

personally my favorite is the 1980 classic maniac, another good one though is eaten alive

whats yours?? or what would you recommend?

• October 31, 2010 4:10 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

I got that several years ago, there's some great stuff on there, as well as a bunch of films I still haven't got round to watching.

swt said:
      Just bought this at Sam's Club: 50 Horror Classics. Some really are (Phantom of the Opera, Nosferatu, House on Haunted Hill, etc. ) But most are just tacky fun. Just watched White Zombie with Bela Lugosi. Funny little voodoo melodrama.

The set's well worth the $14.88 price.

• October 30, 2010 7:25 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Just bought this at Sam's Club: 50 Horror Classics. Some really are (Phantom of the Opera, Nosferatu, House on Haunted Hill, etc. ) But most are just tacky fun. Just watched White Zombie with Bela Lugosi. Funny little voodoo melodrama.

The set's well worth the $14.88 price.

• October 30, 2010 8:58 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Oh jesus, Freaks. It's that quacking the woman does at the end that, uh, freaks me out. Great film.
    • October 30, 2010 8:49 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

How about FREAKS. Gabba Gabba we accept you....... Who knew years later it would be a Punk Music connection!!!!!!!
    • October 29, 2010 10:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

hmmmm - with trash in mind: Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things
      Seaze: Vampyros Lesbos
    • October 29, 2010 1:00 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

My current favorite is BLOOD FREAK, Brad Grinter's 1972 super sleazy sick schizophrenic cult classick. TCM shas shown it a couple of times.
    • October 29, 2010 12:04 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It's "good" like the remake of TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE was good, which is to say there is no comparison between the remake and the original, mainly because it panders to popular stylistic cinematic techniques and cliches rather than offering anything new or interesting. Maybe pointless is the word to descibe it.

kopper said:
      Probably a stupid question, but is the 2009 remake of Last House on the Left any good?

electrocute your cock said:
      Maniac's great, I mean that fuckin' Tom Savini headshot! I tend to watch mostly older stuff this time of year, but I love Texas Chainsaw, Last House, Cannibal Holocaust, all that Italian stuff. Demons is great, Tony the Pimp should've had his own spin off.

Oh and there's a nutty old film also called Maniac I need to see again. I don't remember much about it apart from a mad old scientist laughing a lot and popping out a cat's eye.
    • October 27, 2010 7:13 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

CHRIS HERNANDEZ said:
      i would have to say THE GATE, where the kids play the metal record and open up the gate behind their house and they get attacked by demons.
      Heck yeah! That movie has a rockin' soundtrack as vell.
    • October 27, 2010 7:10 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"what the hell was that blob of shit anyway?"

i don't know, hope its not a true story. Ha ha, maybe there's a written version of it with more detail?
    • October 25, 2010 6:11 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

the only re-make that was somewhat descent and true to the original has to be THE HILLS HAVE EYES which is hard to compare cause the original is so awesome, but if your looking for a re-make i would say this is the most acceptable.
    • October 25, 2010 6:05 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i would have to say THE GATE, where the kids play the metal record and open up the gate behind their house and they get attacked by demons.
    • October 25, 2010 5:42 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Creep show 2! what the hell was that blob of shit anyway?

b0nes tra5hyf said:
      Christy Cromwell is beginning to think her stepfather is trying to kill her mother, and who is Brenda Bowles? About as sleazy and trashy as it can get.

And this (below) may not have happened if Randy wasn't being such a horny prick. (Creepshow 2)

• October 25, 2010 1:50 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Any Hammer film or Corman flik works for me. TCM has been running Hammer stuff all Oct. Last Fri/Sat. morning-Night of the Lepus!!! Another good one I hadn't seen in a while. But, you can never go wrong in the Trash/Sleaze dept. with the ....Living Dead films by Corman. My true faves!!!!!!!!!!!!! An earlier reply about Beast of Yucca Flats is right on!
    • October 25, 2010 11:00 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Christy Cromwell is beginning to think her stepfather is trying to kill her mother, and who is Brenda Bowles? About as sleazy and trashy as it can get.

And this (below) may not have happened if Randy wasn't being such a horny prick. (Creepshow 2)
    • October 25, 2010 3:55 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

tobi lynne said:
      SarahJane, that's a fantastic list! I'll have to get on those. swt - I have that Invasion of the Saucer Men poster hanging in my dining room! Pretty much anything released by Something Weird tops my list. I also dig the foreign ones - way more visceral (less trashy, more actually scary/fucked up) ... The Audition was pretty creepy, as was Acacia (South Korean).

I just picked up Freaks, Cannibal Holocaust, Cabinet of Dr. Caligari and Salo for a Halloween Party, but I think we decided to do an Iggy Pop night instead so we're watching Suck and Dead Man.
      Yippee! I love Acacia. Can't say the storyline itself was amazing, but the visuals more than make up for it. I'd love to decorate my place to like like one of those sets! I love Takashi Miike too : ).
    • October 23, 2010 1:17 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Prince of Darkness. It didn't scare me while the movie was on (Alice Cooper has a bit part) but a half-hour after the movie ended it started getting into my head.
    • October 22, 2010 3:02 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

White Zombie - with Mr. Lugosi by United Artists.
      Roger Corman's Wasp Woman is an all time fave!
      The first Halloween (John Carpenter) is awesome (Zombie's version is amazing too).
    • October 22, 2010 7:36 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

SarahJane, that's a fantastic list! I'll have to get on those. swt - I have that Invasion of the Saucer Men poster hanging in my dining room! Pretty much anything released by Something Weird tops my list. I also dig the foreign ones - way more visceral (less trashy, more actually scary/fucked up) ... The Audition was pretty creepy, as was Acacia (South Korean).

I just picked up Freaks, Cannibal Holocaust, Cabinet of Dr. Caligari and Salo for a Halloween Party, but I think we decided to do an Iggy Pop night instead so we're watching Suck and Dead Man.
    • October 21, 2010 8:05 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I love the original Dracula (1932), The Hunger, Carnival of Souls, Let the Right One In (original) and hands down scary shit: The Exorcist!
    • October 20, 2010 10:10 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i was trying to paste these pics in the above post

i didn't know there was a soundtrack for night of the demons
    • October 20, 2010 9:50 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Vamp

and Night of the Demons

i hope those movies are within reach to all!!!!!
      a ha ha haa!
      >: D
      Elvira, Mistress of the Darkness and some of the Nightmare on Elmstreets come to mind but are they trashy and sleazy? They definitely tickle my bones.
    • October 19, 2010 8:00 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Beyond or Tombs of the Blind Dead!! (have you seen all of the tombs of the blind dead series, seriously bad!)
    • October 15, 2010 5:12 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

gore gore girls!
    • October 13, 2010 7:00 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Geez, there's so goddamn many to list... I gotta go with the classics, though:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre is an all time fave. I also really dig the campy goofiness of the second one as well.
      Night of the Living Dead, Hell, any of the Living Dead movies
      Zombie
      Black Christmas is legendary, but it feels wrong watching a "Christmas" movie at Halloween.
      Phantasm SLAYS and the sequels are campy sci-fi awesomeness in their own right.
      All the Evil Dead movies.

I'm not a huge fan of really grimy, dark stuff like Last House on the Left or I Spit on Your Grave etc. I prefer my sleazy horror movies kinda ridiculous and fun.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel