Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: your favorite trashy or sleazy horror movies

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 13, 2010 3:14 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Also, this one has sentimental value

• October 13, 2010 3:07 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Blob starring Steve McQueen scared the crap out of me when I was about 4 years old and saw it at a drive-in. I enjoy it now for the sheer tackiness, and yet I always remember how it scared me all those decades ago.

Also love the original Night of the Living Dead by George Romero.
    • October 12, 2010 4:49 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'd go with something by Dario Argento - Deep Red probably.
    • October 12, 2010 10:19 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

A few weeks ago I stumbles over "Alucarda", an Italian B-Movie with quotes like that:

"That's it! A heliophobic demon! That's a sixth-category devil who hates light! He acts at night when the shadows protect him. We have do destroy him in order to free the girls. We must prepare... an EXORCISM!"

Yeah!

www.cyco-sanchez.de

• October 10, 2010 9:13 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

@Sarah, That is one of the best lists I've ever seen! (adding Rossa Venezia to my list) I would recommend House Of Dark Shadows - 1970 (because I've only ever met a couple of other people that have seen it) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065856/

SarahJayne said:
      Impossible to pick just one.

I'm partial to very graphic/sadistic/degrading/psychologically disturbing violence. As long as it isn't bursting with bad cgi's (main detractor for most new horror). With that said...

Tumbling Doll of Flesh, August Underground + August Underground Mordum, Inside, Men Behind the Sun, The Untold Story, Aftermath, Kichiku, Irreversible, Der Todesking, In the Highest of the Skies, Guinea Pig: The Devil's Experiments + Flower of Flesh and Blood, Rossa Venezia, Philosophy of a Knife, (Sympathy For) Lady Vengeance, All Night Long: Atrocity, Begotten, Murder Set Pieces (uncut version), Visitor Q, Salo (for the ending), Naked Blood, Eat the Schoolgirl, etc. etc.

Some of these aren't horror movies per say, but they're definately all horrifying : ). And I'd only recommend them to people who don't flinch at Cannibal Holocaust.

I enjoy the less disturbing stuff too though : P. Suspiria, Carnival of Souls, Black Sunday, Viy, Dementia 13, School of the Holy Beast, Dr. X, Eugenie de Sade, House, Opera, Straight Jacket, Vampyr, 2000 Maniacs, the Mystery of the Wax Museum....

But I'll take Frankenhooker over any of 'em!
    • October 7, 2010 11:38 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I love I Drink Your Blood where a gang of hippies get rabies, spread it to everyone in town, and all-out slaughter ensues.
    • October 7, 2010 10:03 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Impossible to pick just one.

I'm partial to very graphic/sadistic/degrading/psychologically disturbing violence. As long as it isn't bursting with bad cgi's (main detractor for most new horror). With that said...

Tumbling Doll of Flesh, August Underground + August Underground Mordum, Inside, Men Behind the Sun, The Untold Story, Aftermath, Kichiku, Irreversible, Der Todesking, In the Highest of the Skies, Guinea Pig: The Devil's Experiments + Flower of Flesh and Blood, Rossa Venezia, Philosophy of a Knife, (Sympathy For) Lady Vengeance, All Night Long: Atrocity, Begotten, Murder Set Pieces (uncut version), Visitor Q, Salo (for the ending), Naked Blood, Eat the Schoolgirl, etc. etc.

Some of these aren't horror movies per say, but they're definately all horrifying : ). And I'd only recommend them to people who don't flinch at Cannibal Holocaust.

I enjoy the less disturbing stuff too though : P. Suspiria, Carnival of Souls, Black Sunday, Viy, Dementia 13, School of the Holy Beast, Dr. X, Eugenie de Sade, House, Opera, Straight Jacket, Vampyr, 2000 Maniacs, the Mystery of the Wax Museum....

But I'll take Frankenhooker over any of 'em!
    • October 7, 2010 12:30 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Oh, and my vote for a great Halloween Horror would have to be Return Of The Living Dead.
    • October 7, 2010 12:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Personally speaking, I thought the Last House On The Left remake was terrible. They got rid of the awful 'Good ol' boys' cops which I thought was a good thing. They did manage to make it quite sleazy and violent. The problem i'm having with these modern remakes is they all look like they were shot by the people who made Beverly Hills 90210.

kopper said:
      Probably a stupid question, but is the 2009 remake of Last House on the Left any good?

electrocute your cock said:
      Maniac's great, I mean that fuckin' Tom Savini headshot! I tend to watch mostly older stuff this time of year, but I love Texas Chainsaw, Last House, Cannibal Holocaust, all that Italian stuff. Demons is great, Tony the Pimp should've had his own spin off.

Oh and there's a nutty old film also called Maniac I need to see again. I don't remember much about it apart from a mad old scientist laughing a lot and popping out a cat's eye.
    • October 7, 2010 11:47 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

the coffin joe movies are classics i watch them everytime they are on ifc
    • October 7, 2010 11:05 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah, but now you know how to jack knife a rig. Anyone seen any Coffin Joe films? Old Brazilian horror. Very sleazy.

I still don't get that Buffalo Bill joke though.
    • October 7, 2010 10:50 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

I still don't get that Buffalo Bill joke though.
    • October 7, 2010 9:02 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah definitely check it out. Lance Henriksen and Bill Paxton at the peak of their 80s cheese finest!

kopper said:
      Huh, I've never seen Near Dark... sounds cool, thanks for the tip!

I have so many favorite old monster movies/horror flicks that I wouldn't even know where to start.

Ken said:
      I cold watch "Near Dark" over and over again. I especially love the scene in the remote Texas roadhouse with the Jukebox that has the Cramps and assorted other Illegal records artists on it.

And most of the Hammer films.
    • October 7, 2010 8:09 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i could not agree with you more! this is an incredible flick- really creative for it's time. the twilight zone is very much this style

John Carlucci said:
      Carnival Of Souls (1962)
    • October 7, 2010 7:54 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Gore Gore Girls the film is the very best trashy horror !
    • October 7, 2010 3:22 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

I've never seen the remake, I watched the trailer on youtube before it was released and didn't like how young the gang looked, you just can't beat old David Hess as Krug. I kind of want to see it now though.
    • October 6, 2010 11:34 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

the 2009 remake of last house on the left was accually really good, i watched it recently it was very faithful to the original movie
    • October 6, 2010 10:16 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Probably a stupid question, but is the 2009 remake of Last House on the Left any good?

Maniac's great, I mean that fuckin' Tom Savini headshot! I tend to watch mostly older stuff this time of year, but I love Texas Chainsaw, Last House, Cannibal Holocaust, all that Italian stuff. Demons is great, Tony the Pimp should've had his own spin off.

Oh and there's a nutty old film also called Maniac I need to see again. I don't remember much about it apart from a mad old scientist laughing a lot and popping out a cat's eye.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• October 6, 2010 10:14 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Huh, I've never seen Near Dark... sounds cool, thanks for the tip!

I have so many favorite old monster movies/horror flicks that I wouldn't even know where to start.

Ken said:
      I cold watch "Near Dark" over and over again. I especially love the scene in the remote Texas roadhouse with the Jukebox that has the Cramps and assorted other Illegal records artists on it.

And most of the Hammer films.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• October 6, 2010 7:09 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Don't Look In the Basement (1973.) Agreed on the Italian stuff, too- no one has been able to offend me quite like they do! That's saying a lot!
    • October 6, 2010 2:32 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Bonnie & Clyde vs Dracula Near Dark, Sometimes they come back, Hellraiser, original Nighmare, Silent Hill, See no Evil
    • October 6, 2010 2:23 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Does 'Eraserhead' count? 'An American Werewolf In London' is one of my all-time faves, I guess not really sleazy or trashy though...somebody mentioned 'Street Trash' that's a killer film. 'Deranged' v. good too, based on the Ed Gein story...
    • October 6, 2010 2:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Carnival Of Souls (1962)

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel