Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: the punkest wrestlers?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 28, 2010 11:30 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

wrestling and rock n' roll have had a long past of intermingling, from WADE CURTISS who was a wrestler himself to Los Straitjackets and those ubiquitous luchador masks...right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzOQbmtzw2U&feature=related
      THE CRUSHER of the Novas anthem fame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzn_Z2w8K_k&NR=1
      the johnny thunders of wrestlers?

he also looks and like a young version of The Kid from Brooklyn dot Com!
      and that's TODAY's trash culture I really dig coz I'm was raised up a Brooklyn kid myself and this guy represents what south Brooklyn is really like - here he is screaming drunk about aliens
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZx6kNl_BGo&feature=channel

my question is who are the trashiest and punkest wrestlers? The Crusher gets my second vote for the beer remarks and sunglasses and Novas - I don't know maybe I'm just out of it - but he only get's my vote after Wade Curtiss! Mama Meow Mow Puddy Cat!

• October 13, 2010 11:57 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here's some of my old rassling pictures with The Sheik....shot in 1986 at Exeter Ontario (little hick town 2 hours from Toronto where they still believed rasslin was real)...There was also a wrestling bear that nite that took on a few of the drunk rednecks who were brave (drunk) enough to face the bear. To end it, the bear and a drunk got tangled in the chain and the bear ran at full speed to the exit and down the main street of Exeter! Made the headlines and it's probably still talked about by the locals...no pics of that, i was laughing WAY too hard!!! http://mapleleafwrestling.4t.com/featuresmlwp/bearmanshow.html

whatwave dave said:
      And if you dig Sabu, you'd love The Sheik. The Sheik, or The Noble Exhalted One as we always called him, is actually the uncle of Sabu and taught him the ropes (no pun intended) when Sabu was first starting out.
      The Sheik would throw fireballs, cut open opponents with a letter opener and draw blood, and do his own share of bleeding as well....whenever he rassled it was total mayham...Somewhere i've got some pictures of The Sheik that i'll try to find and post.

Ruby Soleil said:
      Yes! That's right the Dudleys and the Hollys. Also New Jack, and Sabu-those guys did the most sick ass shit, oh and Al Snow, can't believe I didn't think of him first.

whatwave dave said:
      Punk Rasslers........first one i can recall seeing was Chris Colt...dog collar, lots of black eye makeup, safety pins in his clothes, ear ring etc....this woulda been the early 80's or maybe late 70's.

Kevin Sullivan sorta took this look and added some goth elements to it. Plus he had a bunch of followers like Bob Roop, Luna Vachon (RIP), Nancy etc to make sort of a punk/goth coven.

Road Warriors were definitely a punk influenced tag team...plus they owe a lot to the Road Warrior/Mad Max movies, which in themselves were pretty punk influenced movies.

Ruby, you might be thinking of the Dudleys, there was several of them in ECW...definitely white trash influenced, but then a lot of the ECW crew were.
    • October 13, 2010 11:37 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

And if you dig Sabu, you'd love The Sheik. The Sheik, or The Noble Exhalted One as we always called him, is actually the uncle of Sabu and taught him the ropes (no pun intended) when Sabu was first starting out. The Sheik would throw fireballs, cut open opponents with a letter opener and draw blood, and do his own share of bleeding as well....whenever he rassled it was total mayham...Somewhere i've got some pictures of The Sheik that i'll try to find and post.

Ruby Soleil said:
      Yes! That's right the Dudleys and the Hollys. Also New Jack, and Sabu-those guys did the most sick ass shit, oh and Al Snow, can't believe I didn't think of him first.

whatwave dave said:
      Punk Rasslers........first one i can recall seeing was Chris Colt...dog collar, lots of black eye makeup, safety pins in his clothes, ear ring etc....this woulda been the early 80's or maybe late 70's.

Kevin Sullivan sorta took this look and added some goth elements to it. Plus he had a bunch of followers like Bob Roop, Luna Vachon (RIP), Nancy etc to make sort of a punk/goth coven.

Road Warriors were definitely a punk influenced tag team...plus they owe a lot to the Road Warrior/Mad Max movies, which in themselves were pretty punk influenced movies.

Ruby, you might be thinking of the Dudleys, there was several of them in ECW...definitely white trash influenced, but then a lot of the ECW crew were.
    • October 13, 2010 8:45 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

whatwave dave said:

• October 8, 2010 6:24 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• September 22, 2010 5:02 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

always liked the Road Warriors, and their was a family of wrestlers can't remember their name, white trash gimmick, one of the members was a wrestler named Spike. Came to Raw from ECW early 2000. Ask my brother tonight and post it tomorrow.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel