Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Which Decade/Era of Underground Culture Would You Choose?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 28, 2010 1:18 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It's cliche, but I'd have to go with the 1960s.  There was so much change and such a shift from being locked-up to being yourself.  Speak/sing your mind.  Do whatever you do as long as you believe in it.  That's what rock'n'roll is - believing.  (and if I had to pick a specific area, it would be in NYC going deaf to the Velvet Underground)
    • September 1, 2010 3:02 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah in addition to a time machine you would need an teleporter to take you to all the good hotspots. It really is a tough choice. How about the future! I want to see the cool bands of tomorrow. But yeah I would also want to hit the sixties and seventies, but I would need a teleporter or lots of money to travel.
    • September 1, 2010 2:51 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'd go with '65-'69.
      and I'd hafta find some way to travel around the country & the world in search of garage I haven't heard yet (:
    • September 1, 2010 9:41 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

And you can watch it all on DVD too. EGO the Living Planet said:
      Right here, right now!

All of the best of the past is easier than ever to get at and you can get your own thang goin' like never before too.

The toys are better too! I can carry pretty much all my favorite albums around in my pocket. If I hear about a sweet new band at work I can look up their info on the net on my phone while I'm waitin' for the bus.
    • September 1, 2010 8:33 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Late 60's-early 70's for sure cause of some triple bills I've heard of. Try Blue Cheer/Capt. Beefheart/13th Floor Elevators in Frisco '68 (how could you ever be the same after a show like that?), Stooges/MC5/Sun Ra Detroit '69, Suicide/Modern Lovers/New York Dolls Valentine's Day NYC '72, I mean come on.
    • August 30, 2010 4:33 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Right here, right now!

All of the best of the past is easier than ever to get at and you can get your own thang goin' like never before too.

The toys are better too! I can carry pretty much all my favorite albums around in my pocket. If I hear about a sweet new band at work I can look up their info on the net on my phone while I'm waitin' for the bus.
    • August 30, 2010 3:44 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Personally, I wish I could have lived in NYC from the early to late 70s, specifically 1972 to 1979. I would have loved to have seen the New York Dolls in the Oscar Wilde Room at the Mercer Arts Center, then I could have been there for the early days of the CBGB scene. The Ramones played their last gig at CBGBs in April 1979, that would have been a great capstone to an extraordinary time period.
    • August 30, 2010 10:59 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hell yeah, if I had a Wayback Machine (ha!), I'd love to go back to the '60s knowing what I know now and knowing what bands to seek out and see live, etc. But the late '70s would be good, too. Tough choice.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel