Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Canada
  • Topic: Start a band in toronto?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 4, 2010 10:10 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey,

So, I moved to toronto about a year ago from winnipeg.  Seems real hard to get involved in the ultra-niched music scene in this city, but I am keen on getting involved in a generally unambitious musical project.

I play the drums, and have for about 9 years.  Im looking to start a band somewhere between Von LMO and Dead moon.  Generally I like to play fast and loose, so to speak, and to be involved in a band that is interested more in doing whatever they want in terms of a really weird punk/garbage sound, and just wants to make some music, with the ambition of playing shows, and maybe recording on the cheap someday.  Ideally, I'm looking for people who wanna play original music, between say, 22 and 35, living in or around the near west of toronto.

This thread can easily also be a way for anyone interested in starting a band with someone else in this city to do so.  I just want there to be more bands in town, and maybe a more cohesive or inclusive kind of 'scene', that I can at least watch.

Alright?

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel