Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: WTF with the Law Abiding Citizen ending?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 28, 2010 4:36 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It was such a good movie,i enjoyed it so much(especially when the judge picked up the phone),but the ending was so sh***y that destroyed the wholle movie feelling.
    • May 30, 2010 6:30 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's what i wanted to occure from this conversation.And till now noone has told me that he liked-agreed with the ending.
    • May 29, 2010 5:09 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah, you're right. There's no way you were supposed to root for Jamie Foxx. Thats why I thought the film ended up being a shambles though. Had it been a low budget independent film... maybe we'd have gotten the more controversial ending.

That's the problem with films like this. Not only are we supposed to "get off" on the sadistic behavior of the villain for 2 hours, we are then expected to take the moral high ground at [literally] the last minute.

It's uneven... It's unsatisfying... it's Hollywood!
    • May 29, 2010 4:32 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Listen, through the movie,jamie fox was shown as an arrogant and selfish lawyer who only cared about money and fame,and it could be seen tha he would be punished in the movie,but instead of being punished,he won too.The "good american" beat the outlaw again. ixnayray said:
      You are correct, I think the best ending would have been for Gerard Butler's plan to work... but they wimped out as expected.
    • May 29, 2010 1:05 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You are correct, I think the best ending would have been for Gerard Butler's plan to work... but they wimped out as expected.
    • May 29, 2010 3:53 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

ok next time i will post there.I was thinking an alternative ending and this was the easiest one to think.But come on they made up this awesome scenario by themselves,i would never think of it,so it was up to them to make up a good ending.Anyway they can't change it now.
    • May 28, 2010 6:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I saw it the other night. It was pretty good but it went downhill after the Judge/phone scene. And the ending? Well, I couldn't really see it ending any other way. I think when they [the film makers] got to the end they remembered Gerard Butler was supposed to be the bad guy, because the audience must clearly have been rooting for him for the most part! I recommend posting movie related stuff here in future : http://garagepunk.ning.com/group/talkintrash

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel