Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: The Shot Thread!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 21, 2010 8:05 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Line 'em up and suck 'em down! There's nothing quite like a couple of shots to get yer night moving!

Name some of yer favourites here! Be sure to add the recipe so we can all enjoy them!

The Chin:

This little beauty sounds disgusting when you find out whats in it but it packs a punch which is kinda where it got it's name from. The taste is not dis-similar to drinking a very small Gin and Tonic with a massive blast of Chilli.

Ingredients:
      Gin; Gordon's or use another mid priced Gin, expensive Gin actually tastes really bad in this one.
      Chilli Lime Cordial

Method:
      Find a shot glass (preferably a clean one)
      Fill the shot glass nearly to the top with the Gin.
      Add the Chilli Lime Cordial, just poor it straight in don't worry about trying to layer it.
      Lift shot glass to mouth and drink it in one hit.
      Repeat process until happy with effect.

• July 22, 2010 12:15 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I bet Tangueray Ranghpur would be good - lime flavored kopper said:
      expensive Gin actually tastes really bad in this one

All right... someone's gotta ask, but how can the price of the gin negatively affect the taste?

Or, to ask the question another way, how in the world would a cheaper gin actually taste better?
    • July 22, 2010 12:13 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Made a good one for my boss by her request the other day: sounds crap but pretty tasty and nice shot for crybaby lightweights and bachelorettes, etc...
      Alligator Sperm (there must be a better name for this creamy chartreuse concoction... its the color of Frankenstein's skin)
      1 part pineapple juice
      2 parts midori melon
      1 part cream
    • June 18, 2010 1:31 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Blood Shot sounds good. It cuts out the middleman. One of my aquaintences drank what he called a Rooster Tail: half whiskey (bourbon or Canadian seemed to be best) and half cinnamon schnapps. I've heard this referred to as Rooster Piss as well. Some folks get all fancy and serve it chilled with a lemon twist. Me, I could take it or leave it. I usually like my booze to taste like, well, booze. None of this "it tastes just like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! You can't even tell there's alcohol in it at all" stuff for me.
    • June 3, 2010 12:47 AM CDT
    • Untitled

Yum! Sara said:
      WOW~ I've never heard of Chilli Lime Cordial, but I'm gonna look for it next time I'm at the old Argonaut Super Liquor Mart.

I've got one for ya! It's called the "Blood Shot" and it's for the morning after. It's basically a bloody mary without the tomato juice, in shot form. My friend Rod and I invented it at the world famous Lion's Lair. It's not sweet at all, like many mixed shots, but spicy and savory and will knock out a hangover in one punch.

INGREDIENTS:
      one shot vodka
      dash of salt
      several dashes of pepper to taste
      dash of celery salt
      dash of worchestershire sauce
      couple dashes of tabasco
      lil bit of horseradish
      juice of one lime wedge
      juice of one lemon wedge

Combine all ingredients over ice, shake well, strain. Garnish with a bite of dill pickle. YUM!
    • June 2, 2010 4:23 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

WOW~ I've never heard of Chilli Lime Cordial, but I'm gonna look for it next time I'm at the old Argonaut Super Liquor Mart.

I've got one for ya! It's called the "Blood Shot" and it's for the morning after. It's basically a bloody mary without the tomato juice, in shot form. My friend Rod and I invented it at the world famous Lion's Lair. It's not sweet at all, like many mixed shots, but spicy and savory and will knock out a hangover in one punch.

INGREDIENTS:
      one shot vodka
      dash of salt
      several dashes of pepper to taste
      dash of celery salt
      dash of worchestershire sauce
      couple dashes of tabasco
      lil bit of horseradish
      juice of one lime wedge
      juice of one lemon wedge

Combine all ingredients over ice, shake well, strain. Garnish with a bite of dill pickle. YUM!
    • May 21, 2010 10:31 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Yea, I know that sounded strange. The thing about this shot isn't actually about the Gin, it's all about the chilli/lime hit. The overall affect is very sobering or at least that's what your senses would have you believe. I can't explain why it works the way it does, it just does. A friend of mine invented this drink one night at the pub he worked at. We were drinking it using Gordon's and it tasted fine. We then decided in the best interests of science that we should try with some other brands to see how it would taste. To my surprise everything bar the Gordon's tasted foul. Now I'm a big Gin fan, there is simply nothing better on a hot summers day than a nice Gin and Tonic. We have tried it with: Beefeater (foul), Bombay Sapphire (not too bad with this one), Gilbeys (gross), Tanqueray (really foul) and some mega cheap no name Gin that was basically ethanol with gin flavour that a drunk punk turned up with (really really really really foul). South Bay PORK Podcast said:
      Inquiring minds want to know!

kopper said:

All right... someone's gotta ask, but how can the price of the gin negatively affect the taste?

Or, to ask the question another way, how in the world would a cheaper gin actually taste better?
    • May 21, 2010 9:04 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Inquiring minds want to know! kopper said:

• May 21, 2010 8:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

expensive Gin actually tastes really bad in this one All right... someone's gotta ask, but how can the price of the gin negatively affect the taste? Or, to ask the question another way, how in the world would a cheaper gin actually taste better?

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel