Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Just a seltzer for me, thanks

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 20, 2010 5:42 AM CDT
    • Untitled

Used to pound 'em down like anyone else, then one day I just had enough of the hangovers, and realized I was stupid enough already without destroying more brain cells. Also, my daughter was 4, and beginning to understand things. It happened one night when I asked my friend (now drummer, CP Applegate) if he wanted another beer. "Two's my limit," sez CP. Something clicked. I did the two for a while, then stopped all together. So, '94 was the year I had my last drink. Quite a while! Don't miss it at all. I'm not on a crusade, and not judgemental, it's just my own decision for myself. Drnk up, be happy, I'll drive!
    • June 26, 2010 9:00 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

good for you, man. You're doing your daughter a world of good always being in your right mind.
    • May 21, 2010 8:08 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Gotta respect a man who knows his limit.
    • May 21, 2010 9:53 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I was kinda forced to give up drinking along with most foods by stomach problems. Its not so bad but I do kinda miss the social aspects of it. Occasionally I'll have a bourbon and coke. Sometime I'm ok and other times I pay the price. It is funny going out sober and watching all the drunks. I'm sure I never acted like that! :D
    • May 21, 2010 7:07 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've never been a hard drinker, but recently I also rather stick to water or soft drinks than to beer. Makes everything easier when we're playing gigs: We don't need a driver and still can wake up in our own beds the next morning. But a good beer, some port oder whisky from time to time, once a month ... hmmmm!

But, G. Wood, kudos, 1994, that's quite a while!

Cheers, Doc Sanchez

www.cyco-sanchez.de

• May 20, 2010 4:43 PM CDT
    • Untitled

I sometimes "jokingly" say that I'm going to start again when I'm 70. Hmm. Maybe, maybe not.
    • May 20, 2010 10:01 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"I'll drive!" That's cool, I have done the same thing on many occasion.

I admire the fact that you lived that heavy drinking life and finally made the choice to stop for your own health and well-being. Me, I've never been interested in drinking alcohol, so I never have really.

Good luck!

Best.
    • May 20, 2010 9:55 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Oh, I'm with ya on the hangovers. Nothing I hate more than waking up with a hangover, so I tend to take it really easy these days and limit my beer consumption to 2 or 3 when I'm at home. If I'm out at a bar or watching some bands, I might have 4, but that's my max, and I also make sure to drink some water in between each one. That not only helps keep you hydrated to ward off the hangover the next morning, but also helps keep you sober for the drive home. If I drink anything harder, like gin or whiskey (my favorites), I'll have that before I hit the beer, because "beer before liquor, never sicker." I've noticed that after I turned 40 that I just can't handle as much alcohol without it giving me a headache. I used to be able to really pound 'em back in college and get up and go to class the next day, no sweat. Ah, those were the days...

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel