Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Slot Car Fever

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 2, 2010 10:19 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It's a long time that I'm thinking about it:
      I should get one!
      You know what I'm talking about!
      After all it's the only chance I have to possess and drive a Mustang..
      If you are experienced on digital slot car tracks,or if you are a psychiatrist,
      I'll take your advices.
      Thanks.

• July 8, 2010 4:59 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I have owned and raced all scales of slot cars. First set was an AFX set when I was 8 or so. i then found 1/24 scale tracks at a slotcar specific place. they had 3 8 lane tracks. A small 60' "Black" track for rental cars, a 100' "Orange", and a King Cobra 155' monster. All were road courses, and they had weekly races with about 10 different classes you could build cars for. Most were not realistic looking, and had no traction magnets. Those places and racing are getting few and far between. The newer Scalectrix 1/32 style is cool and the cars are cool to look at, if I had the room, I would build a 4 lane track in my basement. About 10 years ago there was a small 1/24th scale track in Marissa Illinois, that had a 100' tri oval, a scale 1/4 mile drag strip and a 120' paper clip road course. My Dad and I spent many Sundays racing there and we both won some races on the oval. The cars were a bit more realistic, but not as nice as the scalectix style. There was a small track up in Alton that closed down around the same time, 10 years ago. For limited space go with the AFx/TYCO 1/64 scale track and build a little track, you can easily build a 4 lane track for fun. As I remember, they re-issued Thunder Jets for the retro set.
    • June 27, 2010 4:10 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thank you! Nice link you posted! Yes,I got space problem too,to put a monster like these in my house. I agree with you when you say about their speed..after ten minutes you got your eyes crossed in try to follow the machine. Johnny Danger said:
      Man, this place is great - full of people who are into what I'm into!

Personally I roll 60's style with slotcars. I'm not a big fan of the modern magnet sticking superspeed machines - I like the cars to go slow enough to see, slide around in the corners and be a difficult pain in the arse to handle and maintain. Heaps more fun. I run the smallest scale, HO - Thunderjet 500's - we live in a tiny house.

1:32 scale that you're looking at is probably the best if you've got a bit of space, those Carrera hotrods look cool, I've got a couple of 'em - take out the magnets and they are super fun. Never had much experience with digital - into the the old style of many lanes at once.

The slotcar world is a massive & confusing mess ... took me about a year of googling and reading forums to get my head around it all. There are seriously just as many websites and forums into slotcars as guitars - with as many styles and fights.
      Slot Car Illustrated Forum is one of the nicest to noobs places. Any question you have about slotcars will be answered there.

smell the ozone baby!
    • June 25, 2010 7:16 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Man, this place is great - full of people who are into what I'm into! Personally I roll 60's style with slotcars. I'm not a big fan of the modern magnet sticking superspeed machines - I like the cars to go slow enough to see, slide around in the corners and be a difficult pain in the arse to handle and maintain. Heaps more fun. I run the smallest scale, HO - Thunderjet 500's - we live in a tiny house. 1:32 scale that you're looking at is probably the best if you've got a bit of space, those Carrera hotrods look cool, I've got a couple of 'em - take out the magnets and they are super fun. Never had much experience with digital - into the the old style of many lanes at once. The slotcar world is a massive & confusing mess ... took me about a year of googling and reading forums to get my head around it all. There are seriously just as many websites and forums into slotcars as guitars - with as many styles and fights. Slot Car Illustrated Forum is one of the nicest to noobs places. Any question you have about slotcars will be answered there. smell the ozone baby!
    • May 18, 2010 9:34 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Check the video above, or digit "digital slot car" on you tube...Action speaks louder than words! Ah Ah Ah!! :-) TeenFink said:
      What the hell are digital slot cars? How does that work?

High Lord Mardy Pune said:
      whoa, you can get digital slotcars these days!? man I am outta touch with the kids... but that's probably not a bad thing
    • May 18, 2010 10:30 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What the hell are digital slot cars? How does that work? High Lord Mardy Pune said:
      whoa, you can get digital slotcars these days!? man I am outta touch with the kids... but that's probably not a bad thing
    • March 3, 2010 10:51 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yes,you're right but I need to get back sometimes.. vvvvvvVVVVRRROOOOOOOooooommmmMMMmm!!!! High Lord Mardy Pune said:
    • March 2, 2010 10:57 PM CST
    • Untitled

• March 2, 2010 10:49 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ha Ha ,oh no I could not spend all that money in it!! There are minimum package for more less and 10 mt. track,but most big problem is where to place it... I think I'll throw my bed out since I prefer my divan.. ;-)) Dickie Normus said:
      I don't know how but one of my slots survived the early 70's. Freddi just don't go blow $10,000 on a track like some butt head on you-tube did, I'll call the psych-doctors and give them your address.
    • March 2, 2010 10:36 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I don't know how but one of my slots survived the early 70's. Freddi just don't go blow $10,000 on a track like some butt head on you-tube did, I'll call the psych-doctors and give them your address.
    • March 2, 2010 10:24 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

One of the few things,I could prefer digital than analog..

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel