Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Italia A Mano Armata

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 26, 2010 3:02 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I guess everybody knows about the italian 70's b-movies,often mentioned by Quentin Tarantino.Those violent cops and ruthless criminals stories that weren't not so much far from real facts of those years..Italian cinema released a hundred of those movies ,and though they have never been well-reviewed,found a real public success yet.
      None of them a masterpiece for sure,but a funny half-way throw cruel and comic.
      So for those who don't know enough,and ones who want to know more..

http://www.pollanetsquad.it/

• November 24, 2010 11:37 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I found and added this interesting link about italian cinema and reviewed in English. All about action, horror, comedy, giallo, western.... HERE
    • June 30, 2010 11:04 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Wwoww! yes I like her too!! Strange family.. She's a movie maker too, different style from the father,she's quite tormented. Can't say about her movies,but she got a pretty-dirty appeal.. sleazy said:

I remember meeting Fulci in via dei Gracchi in Rome...I think it was in dario Argento's Bottega degi Orrori....I'm sure I met Asia there though......kick ass lady of horror......."like daddy like daughter....only MORE sexy:):)"........is that all trashy enuff???!:):):)
      Rob
    • June 30, 2010 7:45 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I remember meeting Fulci in via dei Gracchi in Rome...I think it was in dario Argento's Bottega degi Orrori....I'm sure I met Asia there though......kick ass lady of horror......."like daddy like daughter....only MORE sexy:):)"........is that all trashy enuff???!:):):) Rob

• June 27, 2010 3:41 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've never seen lots of the ones I posted there. I'm chasing them one by one.I really liked Skidoo,and Psych Out too (this one I found it in italian spoken!) I should check for the Roky Erickson's documentary. I can't wish to see these movies on big screen and they hard to find in DVD. Recently two movies I really enjoyed are PONTYPOOL and LET THE RIGHT ONE IN. Two non-conventional horror movies,highly recommended if you have'nt seen them. Switchbladesister said:
      cool, thanks."Angel, angel down we go" played in LA recently. have you seen the roky erickson documentary? im watching your psychedelic trailers. man, I have to see psych-out again.
      oh, and you seen Skidoo? it's AMAZING!! I saw it on the big screen a year or so ago. And people hate LA.

FREDDI said:
      Glad you appreciate it.
      Recently i heard someone is going on remake of Dario Argento's Suspiria,but don't remember his name... If you would be interested check my YouTube channel where I post some trash movie trailers and you will find some about them:
      http://www.youtube.com/user/DEADFREDDI
    • June 27, 2010 12:55 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

cool, thanks."Angel, angel down we go" played in LA recently. have you seen the roky erickson documentary? im watching your psychedelic trailers. man, I have to see psych-out again. oh, and you seen Skidoo? it's AMAZING!! I saw it on the big screen a year or so ago. And people hate LA. FREDDI said:
      Glad you appreciate it.
      Recently i heard someone is going on remake of Dario Argento's Suspiria,but don't remember his name... If you would be interested check my YouTube channel where I post some trash movie trailers and you will find some about them: http://www.youtube.com/user/DEADFREDDI
    • June 21, 2010 8:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Glad you appreciate it. Recently i heard someone is going on remake of Dario Argento's Suspiria,but don't remember his name... If you would be interested check my YouTube channel where I post some trash movie trailers and you will find some about them: http://www.youtube.com/user/DEADFREDDI
    • June 21, 2010 12:03 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

oh! Thanks for this explanation! FREDDI said:
      "A mano armata" is a term to indicate all those 70's italian movies into a sort of popular police genre.It is took off from the Mario Girolami homonymous film.It would be translated as "Armed robbery".Damiano Damiani,Carlo Lizzani,Fernando Di Leo,are others names of movie makers in this genre.
      In the same years it has been produced lots of titles in this peculiar movie-style.
      Then there were other famous tipycal italian productions as the "cheap horror" for movie makers as Lamberto Bava, Umberto Lenzi, Lucio Fulci,
      or "giallos" made famous by the first Dario Argento, Duccio Tessari, Sergio Martino.

But they're three different main source inspirations.

• June 21, 2010 2:43 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"A mano armata" is a term to indicate all those 70's italian movies into a sort of popular police genre.It is took off from the Mario Girolami homonymous film.It would be translated as "Armed robbery".Damiano Damiani,Carlo Lizzani,Fernando Di Leo,are others names of movie makers in this genre. In the same years it has been produced lots of titles in this peculiar movie-style. Then there were other famous tipycal italian productions as the "cheap horror" for movie makers as Lamberto Bava, Umberto Lenzi, Lucio Fulci, or "giallos" made famous by the first Dario Argento, Duccio Tessari, Sergio Martino. But they're three different main source inspirations.

• May 18, 2010 5:13 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Saw many of those flix when I was working in Italy .....in both Italian & English :)

• January 28, 2010 5:56 PM CST
    • Untitled

That's a cool link, thanks Freddi.

Do you know where I would find info about any of the crazy Italian Z-grade zombie movies that were made in the 70's? I've seen a couple and they were super trashy and incredibly violent.
    • January 26, 2010 3:12 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel