Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Any stoner rock fans around here?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 5, 2012 3:55 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

We're fan of all that Black Sabbath kind of music and we even have a second band to play it loud. We already met fews garagist who played in stoner bands too.

Who here loves that heavy music ?

• July 5, 2013 3:31 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

yeah i like faust, gong (Radio Gnome, Camembert Electrique & Angels egg), zappas stuff (it's very intricate), aqua by edgard forese (i think?), the paisleys trip on side b of cosmic mind at play. But, can't remember em all. just started on silver apples, they look good.

• June 28, 2013 11:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Karma To Burn for me! And clutch.
    • June 26, 2013 7:19 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

We just played a show with The Well from Austin. Very cool doom/stoner band. Even nicer people.

• June 21, 2013 6:14 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I like the Madchester version of stoner - House of Love especially. Early Brian Jonestown I love. Best stoner album of all time of course if Holy Modal Rounders' Indian War Whoop. Sky Divers still a favourite song of all time. And Sabbath  of course.

• June 14, 2013 7:43 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

After stumbling into Witch's first album and then wizard, I've been pretty hooked on the stuff. The awesome riffs and atmospheric sounds remind me of some genre of hard rock after Sabbath, but before whatever inspired most of modern metal. I'm definitely checking out the bands you guys listed!

• May 31, 2013 10:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I love all of this stuff!... While The Honey Harlows are on hiatus, I'm doing a 1-man stoner project called ThunderChief ...I record real drum tracks and play live bass thru multi-guitar and bass rigs for maximum volume 11, ala Vitus, Buzzoven, Sleep & Zeni Gava...Definitely schizo-sonic sludge----hails to the ThunderChief!!
    • May 31, 2013 4:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah - - thing is though, I was more or less talking about metal music of the 80's - - this was when money was poured into heavy metal and the sub-genre's of the music could be counted on one hand.  Not to say metal's dead - in fact it seems to be doig very well, but certainly that 80's kind of approach to metal is gone.  As for the new stuff - - I kind of tuned out of metal when I found out about groups like Husker Due and SST label bands and now the louder noisier punk bands like Guitar Wolf. 

Lutz Vipinderwoman said:

"As for metal" .....are you kidding??! Maybe where you come from, but just Google the words "Metal Fest" and see how much comes up all over U.S. and Europe as a start.  From my side of the continent, Pacific NW and California most certainly haven't seen the last of metal and all derivative forms thereof, i.e, doom, thrash, folk, etc.  Thrash and Doom is VERY big here, in particular. There's actually a resurgence of TONS of good bands lately, including that which has already been mentioned.

• May 29, 2013 4:23 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

KARMA TO BURN!

• May 29, 2013 3:12 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Revox 's bassist and drummer have a second band, The Dead Shamans who plays a kind of heavy blues... And you know what, this band will open for Kadavar in October ! Great new for us :-)

Lutz Vipinderwoman said:

I'm not sure if these guys have been posted already, but I CANNOT stop listening to this... I just fell in love with them today.  KADAVAR: Forgotten Past

They're touring over there, but sadly :-( ....not here.

• May 25, 2013 4:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"As for metal" .....are you kidding??! Maybe where you come from, but just Google the words "Metal Fest" and see how much comes up all over U.S. and Europe as a start.  From my side of the continent, Pacific NW and California most certainly haven't seen the last of metal and all derivative forms thereof, i.e, doom, thrash, folk, etc.  Thrash and Doom is VERY big here, in particular. There's actually a resurgence of TONS of good bands lately, including that which has already been mentioned.

• May 25, 2013 7:49 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I absolutely LOVE stoner rock (heavy) - - just not all the time.  Makes me think of The Black Angels and Vega out of Chicago.  Denver has a pretty decent stoner-rock scene with Black Lamb.  As for metal all the way through to grunge - all that shit's deader than Dillinger.  But yes, heavy music will always be on my list.    

• May 24, 2013 2:58 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

dig it!

Andy Climax said:

new album out now. this is just fuckin stunning and creepy at the same time.

• May 23, 2013 12:31 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm not sure if these guys have been posted already, but I CANNOT stop listening to this... I just fell in love with them today.  KADAVAR: Forgotten Past

They're touring over there, but sadly :-( ....not here.

• April 25, 2013 10:24 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hell yeah.  Blast that shit.  Have you heard of Beast in The Field?  They're this crazy 2 piece from Mt. Pleasant, MI.  They have this insane 12 foot high wall of amps.  Check it out if you haven't already.

• April 9, 2013 5:26 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

new album out now. this is just fuckin stunning and creepy at the same time.

• April 5, 2013 4:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Metal Cat

• April 5, 2013 4:05 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ozzy

• March 28, 2013 8:02 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

But , I see you have that , too !     Highlights from the Venom show - "We have'nt got a song called that."   "Everybody wants to hear different songs !", and of course , "Newcastle Brown Ale knocks ya flat on your back , let me tell you !!! I think it's a bit strong for you guys , I don't think I should give you a drink. ". "We can't play four albums in the space of a two hour show.". 

John Battles said:

"Venom make me laugh !"  Lemmy .    Me , too. This is , possibly , funnier than "Having Fun on Stage With Stanley".

dave said:

And the immortal Venom (I love you, Black Flag)

• March 28, 2013 7:52 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"Venom make me laugh !"  Lemmy .    Me , too. This is , possibly , funnier than "Having Fun on Stage With Stanley".

dave said:

And the immortal Venom (I love you, Black Flag)

• March 26, 2013 3:25 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Sure! Kyuss are the best.. Waiting for the new album of QOTSA.. 

See also the last album of Electic Wizard, and the last one of Graveyard: "Lights Out". 

Also Fu Manchu are not bad

• March 25, 2013 1:38 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

These guys are like the Temptations of metal with the swinging of the hair in unison. They should sell the rights for use of this image in Rogaine commercials (I think he even says Rogaine!), hmmph maybe. From Sweden: Amon Amarth: The Pursuit of the Vikings

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel