Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: The craziest, most exciting live rock 'n' roll albums

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 10, 2013 3:24 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

How about "Metallic KO" by Iggy and the Stooges:) Gotta love Iggy egging on those bikers.

• June 10, 2013 3:24 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Found it! It's called Live! 78!
      http://www.limbos.org/lyres/lyres-dmz.htm

Jane Dear said:

This is the one I have, vinyl as well. Great stuff. The only real difference between their live and studio recordings are that you can actually hear the party going on in the background. 

http://www.discogs.com/DMZ-Live-At-The-Rat/release/3242759

Gus Ironside said:

I've got a DMZ Live!!! vinyl record- really good- don't know if that's the same one as Live at the Rat?

Jane Dear said:

DMZ - Live at the Rat makes me reallllllllly hate being born so late. 

• June 10, 2013 3:21 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Interesting...my album must be a bootleg, can't find any official record of it! Must dig it out and scan it in. :)

• June 10, 2013 10:36 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

This is the one I have, vinyl as well. Great stuff. The only real difference between their live and studio recordings are that you can actually hear the party going on in the background. 

http://www.discogs.com/DMZ-Live-At-The-Rat/release/3242759

Gus Ironside said:

I've got a DMZ Live!!! vinyl record- really good- don't know if that's the same one as Live at the Rat?

Jane Dear said:

• June 10, 2013 10:33 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Jane Dear said:

• June 10, 2013 10:32 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Overdubbed it,  Ben...made it sound like they were at Shea Stadium!

Ben E said:

Hey Gus, yeah it's been too long since I listened to Kick Out the Jams! That Seed album sound interesting too - so did they invite an audience into the studio, or overdub crowd noise afterwards? I'll have to find that album anyway..

Gus Ironside said:

Totally agree re Jerry Lee Live at The Star Club as top of the pile!
      The first half of the MC5's Kick Out The Jams is great, high-energy stuff.

Raw and Alive at Merlin's Music Box by The Seeds is also great, but is "live in the studio", so not a genuine live concert album!

The First and the Last by The New Race is just fantastic- Ron Asheton and Dr Deniz Tek on guitar, Machine-Gun Thompson on the traps, Warwick Gilbert on bass and Rob Younger on vox- total high energy meltdown!

• June 10, 2013 8:48 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

• June 10, 2013 8:39 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Gus, yeah it's been too long since I listened to Kick Out the Jams! That Seed album sound interesting too - so did they invite an audience into the studio, or overdub crowd noise afterwards? I'll have to find that album anyway..

Gus Ironside said:

Raw and Alive at Merlin's Music Box by The Seeds is also great, but is "live in the studio", so not a genuine live concert album!

The First and the Last by The New Race is just fantastic- Ron Asheton and Dr Deniz Tek on guitar, Machine-Gun Thompson on the traps, Warwick Gilbert on bass and Rob Younger on vox- total high energy meltdown!

• June 10, 2013 8:36 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Cheers John, I'll have to check those out! I'd particularly love to hear that Little Richard live album - I'll look for those clips on YouTube too!

John Battles said:

"Jerry Lee Lewis Live at The Star Club is way the Hell up there , in my book."

"Little Richard , Live Paris 1966"  is UNFUCKINSANE !!!! It was a bootleg that came out in the late 80's. The performance , which screams (Like a White Lady) to be released on DVD , as the video portion has turned up on You Tube .

"Slade on Stage" - Their third and best live album. Fast and furious , makes me wanna wreck a room as readily as Little Richard on Specialty.

Black Oak Arkansas - "Raunch and Roll Live" (Expanded 2 Disc version on Rhino Handmade.). Jim Dandy's most scatterbrained stage patter (Except when compared to TODAY !) , AND THE BAND IS FIRING ON ALL 12 CYLINDERS.

• June 10, 2013 3:12 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• June 10, 2013 2:08 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"Jerry Lee Lewis Live at The Star Club is way the Hell up there , in my book."

"Little Richard , Live Paris 1966"  is UNFUCKINSANE !!!! It was a bootleg that came out in the late 80's. The performance , which screams (Like a White Lady) to be released on DVD , as the video portion has turned up on You Tube .

"Slade on Stage" - Their third and best live album. Fast and furious , makes me wanna wreck a room as readily as Little Richard on Specialty.

Black Oak Arkansas - "Raunch and Roll Live" (Expanded 2 Disc version on Rhino Handmade.). Jim Dandy's most scatterbrained stage patter (Except when compared to TODAY !) , AND THE BAND IS FIRING ON ALL 12 CYLINDERS.

• May 10, 2014 10:03 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This one is a no-brainer: The Saints Live at Hope and Anchor London 77. Chris Bailey at his best as well as the band. Obviously a wild audience. Main songs of the 1st and 2nd album are played but quite faster than in studio. Really a great Live album. I do not know if it is a bootleg or an official one though.
    • May 10, 2014 8:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THAT RECORD , MANU ! It must be a bootleg , if not an extremely limited pressing. IF IT SAYS "mADE IN iTALY" , IT'S A BOOTLEG , MOST LIKELY. A lot of boots were shipped to countries where they were not as east to detect , Italy being one of them. Wow , I'd love to hear that , though...... I passed on seeing The Saints in 1987 , because their then - current album sounded like REM !   Bailey finally got back on the right track with a new Saints lineup that put out two more Punkesque albums abouT 8 or 10 years ago. 

• May 11, 2014 7:49 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey John.  Here's it. ;)

• May 11, 2014 2:33 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

arigato , Boy No Kitaro !

• May 24, 2014 10:18 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Mission of Burma - The Horrible Truth About Burma. I particularly love their version of the Stooges "1970"

The Cramps - Rockin and Reelin in Aukland New Zealand.

Cosmic Psychos - Slave to the Crave Live at he Palace. Quote "We're the Cosmic Psychos and we're three male models."

• May 24, 2014 11:43 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

THE CRAMPS' "ROCKIN AND REELIN' IN AUCKLAND , NEW ZEALAND" Is a monster , there is no doubt , but, I was just starting down the evil path of bootlegs at that time.....There's so many great ones....But I think we had this discussion , years ago. 

• May 24, 2014 11:51 PM CDT
    • Untitled

I don't think Rockin and Reelin is a bootleg

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel