Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Continental U.S.
  • Topic: The Lost Souls — Cleveland '60s band

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 19, 2009 6:38 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi,

Would anyone be able to help me track down some of the songs by this 60's Cleveland band? The Lost Souls never released an lp or 45 although their lead singer Denny Carleton went on to play with the Choir and released a fine power pop lp titled Color With Crayons (this guy is now a Jesus freak by the way). But anyhow, if memory serves me well, I remember the Lost Souls tracks to be really strong in quality and I believe the band progressed on to psychedelia. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jason
    • August 20, 2009 1:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There used to be Retrospective II (I think it's currently out of print) - with a really good song I've heard titled "Things That Are Important." This particular songs' sound quality was pretty good if memory serves me well. Back in the 80's there was a cassette comp of 10 Lost Souls songs put out by Green Light - it gets good reviews but as you mentioned, sound quality varies track to track. That was during the garage revival, when they first started reissuing this stuff in the mid 80's....I was a kid back then (I'm 31 now). Your right about "My Love I Won't Admit", it sounds a little like a garage oriented Byrds or Beau Brummels - it's a solid song.
    • August 20, 2009 11:47 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There are a couple Lost Souls tracks, along with a bunch of other Denny Carleton stuff, compiled on this: http://www.amazon.com/Retro/dp/B0014HUJGI/ref=dm_cd_album_lnk?ie=UT... I have copies of the two Lost Souls songs, but they must’ve come from somewhere else, as their quality is far inferior to the sound samples. Anyway, “My Love I Won’t Admit” has a Byrds/Beau Brummels feel to it, and “Josephine” is a bit of a heavier track, with R&B influences.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel