Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Continental U.S.
  • Topic: CALL FOR BANDS: Bad Ass Southern GaragePunk Bands Wanted for DVD

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 15, 2009 10:20 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi all, I'm Mike. I'm a film director and photographer. I'm putting together a DVD of original short films, pin-up vignettes, and other whacked shit of mine into a compilation DVD. In addition to my original films, I want to feature and showcase great, garagepunk bands from the SouthEast US (where I'm from) who are kicking ass and taking names. Your video will be slammed onto a DVD that features my work which is heavily inspired by exploitation movies, Russ Meyer, and rock-n-fucking-roll. What I'd really like to do is create original music videos for/of these bands to include in this DVD. I'm a huge fan of garagepunk. There are great bands out there who need maximum exposure and I just want to do my part to help out. I'm looking for BADASS bands in the Southeast US as I'm in Nashville, Tenn. Ideally, bands would come to Nashville for a day, 2 days max, and make the video. When I say video, I'm talking bad ass video. Shot on film, HD video, Super 8, Super 16, the possibilities are endless. I'm willing to put my blood, sweat, and tears into this. Therefore, it's going to be something that will stand the test of time and something to proudly stand behind as great music video creative. I'll foot the production bill. All you need to do is foot your travel and expenses. My dream is to take my films and original content and scatter them with great garagepunk bands of today, who are burning up the Southeast. In exchange for letting me produce your video at my expense, all I ask is that you give me permission to include the resulting music video on my DVD to help spread the word about your band, your work, and your music. What do you think? I need all the help and leads I can get. I believe in community. We're all in this together. Mike http://www.thumbin.com ps - I'm currently directing "Cyclone", my latest short film shot in Super 16mm. Want to know more? Check out my site.
    • March 5, 2010 7:48 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I LIVE IN NC. WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN ME SHOWING UP AND DOING A SHOW? PINCHE GRINGO

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel