Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: What I discovered today....

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 28, 2012 2:26 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey, a Fall-Outs fan, cool! They don't get near the attention that they deserve. A sound that no other 'garage-band' had. You may like the Kent 3 (on SuperElectro) as well.

Dead Boy said:

The Fall-Outs did awesome cover!

MP3 sample 
      Axel Björnsson said:

I was never buying The Easybeats , had just listen to their hit friday on my mind. but then I found the lp in my mothers collection and checked it out. danm this song is awesome. 

• November 28, 2012 10:41 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I just thought you (or, someone) may be interested in a cover version.  You could ignore my comment.

Axel Björnsson said:

I prefier the orginal why is line going over my letters??

• November 28, 2012 6:01 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

And you're very welcome, fraulein. If you think the Quarrymen's first gig was when they were 14. Look what they developed into.

Tersicore said:

I´m with you.

Andy Climax said:

Jake Bugg's out on tour with Noel Gallacher (Oasis) just now, and getting a hell'ova time. Loved one minute, slated the next. The problem here is indeed age and the music he's doing. Like there's an age limit on writing folk and blues??? The critics over here need to 'get a fucking grip!' He still has the difficult 2nd album to go through. The critically acclamed 3rd. The being seen out with Scarlett Johannsen rumours, the first solo tour, the last tour, the 'well we thought the last tour was my last tour' gigs all to go with yet. Give the guy some space to develop for fuck sake! If age has any bearing then i have 2 words to say.... 'Arctic Monkeys' Still throwin out classic Rock'n'Roll and started at the tender age of 16

• November 28, 2012 4:54 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I´m with you.

Andy Climax said:

Jake Bugg's out on tour with Noel Gallacher (Oasis) just now, and getting a hell'ova time. Loved one minute, slated the next. The problem here is indeed age and the music he's doing. Like there's an age limit on writing folk and blues??? The critics over here need to 'get a fucking grip!' He still has the difficult 2nd album to go through. The critically acclamed 3rd. The being seen out with Scarlett Johannsen rumours, the first solo tour, the last tour, the 'well we thought the last tour was my last tour' gigs all to go with yet. Give the guy some space to develop for fuck sake! If age has any bearing then i have 2 words to say.... 'Arctic Monkeys' Still throwin out classic Rock'n'Roll and started at the tender age of 16

• November 27, 2012 3:01 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I prefier the orginal why is line going over my letters??

Dead Boy said:

MP3 sample 
      Axel Björnsson said:

I was never buying The Easybeats , had just listen to their hit friday on my mind. but then I found the lp in my mothers collection and checked it out. danm this song is awesome. 

• November 27, 2012 2:58 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

True that.

Tersicore said:

To all including myself, the good news is: Learning never stops! 

(forwards, backwards, up and down, either way.... keep moving!:)

Axel Björnsson said:

• November 27, 2012 5:18 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

MP3 sample 
      Axel Björnsson said:

• November 26, 2012 8:17 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

They had a LOT of great songs. There's some cool early Australian TV clips on YouTube.

Tersicore said:

Axel Björnsson said:

• November 26, 2012 7:11 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Axel Björnsson said:

• November 26, 2012 3:57 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• November 26, 2012 3:17 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"Brass Knobs". HUH HUH HUH   HUH HUH.

melissa scott said:

Yeah, I missed half a convo on ThreeD Radio Adelaide (dunchya hate that) about this band and some of the shows people had been to. Not much info recently except they're recording... And I missed them at the Grace Emily while I was in Yankland. That would be right.

Here's the poop from FU-Book: "Four men, a guitar, a bass, some drums, some organ and some vocals, Green Circles have released three albums in Australia- Get on the outside of this released by Sexy Diablo in 2001, followed by Brass knobs, bevelled edges (and in 23 different positions) in 2003 and Tavistock Street (2008) - both released by the wonderful Off the Hip Records. Early 2006 saw the release of the album Black Vinyl Heart a UK compilation of 17 songs from the first two Australian albums, plus an extra track, released by Biff Bang Pow"

Still groovin' on the band name, I mean, us garageheads have gotta dig that...

Must be incredibly hard to be from Adelaide and play garage... Just glad there's a few bands here that live in the garage, at least some of the time.

Catchy tune that... dun dun dundun.... da dun dun dundun. 8-)

And when their song says Brown House in Stepney, they don't mean London.

IDON MINE said:

Dito to that. I also like how straight forward it is. MEL: Nice find!

John Battles said:

I like the reference too.....Someone was saying how underappreciated The Small Faces are , today. I'D SAY IT'S DEAD ON GARAGE , the tremolo/fuzz sound is ace. It's melodic , some harmonies , no singing thru the nose , so , maybe it's part Power Pop , part Garage.

• November 26, 2012 7:43 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Alright and fine. Thanks for the info stash!

melissa scott said:

Yeah, I missed half a convo on ThreeD Radio Adelaide (dunchya hate that) about this band and some of the shows people had been to. Not much info recently except they're recording... And I missed them at the Grace Emily while I was in Yankland. That would be right.

Here's the poop from FU-Book: "Four men, a guitar, a bass, some drums, some organ and some vocals, Green Circles have released three albums in Australia- Get on the outside of this released by Sexy Diablo in 2001, followed by Brass knobs, bevelled edges (and in 23 different positions) in 2003 and Tavistock Street (2008) - both released by the wonderful Off the Hip Records. Early 2006 saw the release of the album Black Vinyl Heart a UK compilation of 17 songs from the first two Australian albums, plus an extra track, released by Biff Bang Pow"

Must be incredibly hard to be from Adelaide and play garage... Just glad there's a few bands here that live in the garage, at least some of the time.

Here for the stir

• November 26, 2012 7:39 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

IDON MINE said:

John Battles said:

I like the reference too.....Someone was saying how underappreciated The Small Faces are , today. I'D SAY IT'S DEAD ON GARAGE , the tremolo/fuzz sound is ace. It's melodic , some harmonies , no singing thru the nose , so , maybe it's part Power Pop , part Garage.

• November 26, 2012 7:09 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

...OKey it's not a straight instro, so ...natch.

IDON MINE said:

My faves are when they burst into classic style fast and tough punk instrumentals like this:

Here for the stir

• November 26, 2012 7:08 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I found out about SWEARIN' from Brooklyn today (told to come from a band of Twin sisters I hadn't heard of). Their album swings from twangy melodic songs to the noisier side of the new Brooklyn sound. Which I can't always get into, but here it just clicks for me. I like their rather recent album, see here ---> http://swearin.bandcamp.com/

My faves are when they burst into classic style fast and tough punk instrumentals like this:

Here for the stir

• November 26, 2012 6:59 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I like the repetitive lyrics thing: "They wanna take meeeee..." eery.

Andy Climax said:

Discovered today!

Here for the stir

• November 26, 2012 6:56 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yep, I was surprised that his voice has quite the rusty tone to it, let's see and hope he can keep that and not be "cleaned" too much in later recordings. I'm not too crazy on the folk side but I like this ok.

First listen gives me the obvious Zimmerman feel, maybe it makes me recall Joe South a bit? It's fine for a guy that goes on tour with a oasis brother (no hate there, hyuk), I'd take this kid over their stuff any day. But that's just my snob ass.

John Battles said:

Bugg is doing , or just did , a very low key US tour , as his record is'nt out here , yet , and being that he's underage (He might be 18. Makes no difference.), they can't advertise his club dates . I know he was supposed to play here , don't know if that happened....He's expected to be very big by this time , next year.....I'll level , I'm not crazy about it , but , it's good for what it is.

Here for the stir

• November 26, 2012 6:49 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

John Battles said:

Here for the stir

• November 26, 2012 6:28 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Discovered today!

• November 25, 2012 7:02 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Bugg is doing , or just did , a very low key US tour , as his record is'nt out here , yet , and being that he's underage (He might be 18. Makes no difference.), they can't advertise his club dates . I know he was supposed to play here , don't know if that happened....He's expected to be very big by this time , next year.....I'll level , I'm not crazy about it , but , it's good for what it is.

• November 25, 2012 6:59 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• November 25, 2012 6:35 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Cool, a Hideout Discovery Thread... m'kay, I'll bite... 

The Green Circles...

A little bit o' power pop from Adelaide... I like the reference in the band name...

• August 18, 2013 11:33 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've been listening a lot to the Dead Brothers recently, I just love their sound.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel