Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Love Me Kill Me by KKBB nominated for Coolest Song of the Year!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 23, 2012 10:12 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

My band (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang) has had our song nominated as "Coolest Song Of The Year" on Little Steven's Underground Garage.

It's a song first heard here on "Noises From The Hideout" Garage Punk Records Vol. 6. (Thanks Kopper!)

There are 50 songs nominated, and we are up against some mainstream, non Garage artists, like Aerosmith (?) Bruce Springsteen, Joe Walsh ( Really??!!) Michael De Barres, Jack White (boo!) The Beach Boys, Tom Jones (?) & DR John (?)...Seriously!!!

So I'm asking for your help to make your voices heard. My band is not a Garage purist band in the traditional sense, but we are an independent, underground band with deep roots in the Garage Community, and we are a Garage Punk Hideout band.

Kopper started the Hideout Compilation series as a direct response to the Coolest Song In The world compilation series. How "Cool" would it be if one of Kopper's bands actually won the top position?

So please help show your support for an underdog and let it be known that Classic Rock Dinosaur bands have nothing to do with Underground Garage. (no offense to any of the artists above, they just belong somewhere else)

• April 26, 2013 2:49 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Tell the guys in Prima Donna I said "Hi":)

BTW, I also liked the Red Kross song too. I've heard of that band for several years, but I just never got around to checking them out.

As for Prima Donna, that song is all right, but I still like "Feral Children" better, along with "Sociopath," "Miss Avenue," and the title track.

John Carlucci said:

I liked the prima Doona song or the Red Kross song. BTW Prima Donna & Kiss Kiss Bang Bang will play together next Friday..

MikeL said:

I voted for Prima Donna that year, although I was really hoping "Feral Children" would be named a "Coolest Song" during that year.

• April 26, 2013 5:02 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I liked the prima Doona song or the Red Kross song. BTW Prima Donna & Kiss Kiss Bang Bang will play together next Friday..

MikeL said:

I voted for Prima Donna that year, although I was really hoping "Feral Children" would be named a "Coolest Song" during that year.

• April 23, 2013 7:44 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• April 22, 2013 8:58 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Little Steven is a twat.

• November 24, 2012 7:31 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

No sweat. I just can't resist opening the ol' jpegs. lol

• November 24, 2012 7:21 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanx!  (I´m slooooooow sometimes;)

• November 24, 2012 6:51 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It's http://undergroundgarage.com/

I found it in the second of the two jpegs.

Tersicore said:

Yes, what's the link to vote?

kopper said:

What's the link to vote? Sorry, John, I'll have to vote for my boys, the Nevermores, though. Their record is on my label, after all. ;)

Stanton Woods said:

Good luck with the contest. I voted for your band. I have to admit though, that's a pretty lousy list of songs and bands you are up against.

• November 24, 2012 6:33 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yes, what's the link to vote?

kopper said:

What's the link to vote? Sorry, John, I'll have to vote for my boys, the Nevermores, though. Their record is on my label, after all. ;)

Stanton Woods said:

Good luck with the contest. I voted for your band. I have to admit though, that's a pretty lousy list of songs and bands you are up against.

• November 24, 2012 2:29 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I checked it out, and cast my vote for KKBB, but I stand with the rest of the crowd in wondering what's up with Little Steven. Aerosmith, Springsteen, Ringo? WTF? None of them, nor ol' Joe Walsh has been anything resembling garage in decades, if ever!

• November 24, 2012 11:53 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Stanton Woods said:

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• November 23, 2012 7:04 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks everyone. There's also  nominations for The Woggles & Red Kross. @ Joe, had a blast playing back home in NYC. I don't get back there often enough.

• November 23, 2012 2:36 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You got my vote as well.  I was fortunate enough to see KKBB play in NYC back in July with the Original Sins - fantastic show! 

On a side note, I know this has been discussed here before, but it's a bit baffling what Little Steven considers "garage". 

• November 23, 2012 11:47 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Right on then, well said. Can't put it better than the others here. You got my vote - but that's out of question.

Edit to add: And congrats to the NEVERMORES as well, of course! Both you bands shake the competition up.

Here for the stir

• November 23, 2012 11:42 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• November 23, 2012 11:14 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Nevermores' "Adeline" (not featured on a Hideout comp, but they do have TWO songs on Hideout comps—"12 Bells" on Noises From the Hideout, and "Shallow Grave" on Garage Monsters) is also in the running for this!

But, unfortunately, I doubt either will win when they're up against those rock dinosaurs. 

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel