Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: TCM Underground

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 11, 2008 4:14 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Is anybody else enjoying the fact that Turner Classic Movies is now showing trashy movies once a week in their otherwise "classic" movie schedule? Or that they showed Tim Carey's awe-inspiring jaw-droppingly brilliant "The World's Greatest Sinner" for the first time on television (I believe) on Oct. 24th? Or that they showed the classic drive-in double feature of "Blood Feast" & "2000 Maniacs" the following week?
      They're gonna be showing Dario Argento's trippy "Suspiria" next Friday, Herschel Gordon Lewis's pasted together noggin' scratcher "Monster A-Go-Go" (with a great frat-punk theme song by Herschel's son) coupled with the awful "Giant Spider Invasion" on the 21st, then "The Harder They Come" on the 28th, trash auteur Brad Ginter's (he also made the maggot classic "Flesh Feast") truly-must-be-seen-to-be-believed one man show "Blood Freak" on Dec. 26th and in a show of supreme taste (or lack of) they're showing the nutty "Sonny Boy" on Jan. 2nd, 2009.
      I'm layin' it down...is you pickin' it up?
    • January 11, 2009 12:26 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Did anyone catch BLOOD FREAK a couple of weeks ago? That movie is a total mindblower and the fact that a "classy" channel like TCM is showing a movie with topless hippie chicks blowing reefer while spewing nutty dialogue tickles me to no end. I was kinda disappointed they showed AMITYVILLE HORROR Friday night instead of having a tribute to Ray Dennis Steckeler (like they would have done if it was an "established" mainstream director), but I guess that's asking a little too much. At least now they will occasionally show INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES at times other than TCM Underground. Andy, Raquel is great during that time period, even if the movies she's in aren't so great. Thanks for commenting though, you've got good taste...you always post about interesting stuff. Andy Seven said:
      I just burned "Kansas City Bomber" starring Raquel Welch, (off TCM) pretty good 1970's sleaze.
    • January 10, 2009 8:55 PM CST
    • Untitled

I just burned "Kansas City Bomber" starring Raquel Welch, (off TCM) pretty good 1970's sleaze.
    • January 10, 2009 8:12 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

tcm is my favorite channel im always either watching that or cities of the underworld. or cage fighting
    • November 13, 2008 2:10 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Gunther Toody said:
      TCM is pretty amazing...uncut, commercial-free movies in letterbox...FOR FREE (if you have cable)...it's like free film school.
      Billy Liar is great...young Julie Christie...ooooooooohhhhhhh!
      (I just realized that Billy Liar is on Showtime this weekend, not TCM. My mistake. Regardless, I'm glad to finally get to see it.)
    • November 13, 2008 1:18 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Drat! I Have Tcm but the English one... Which I don't think will be given the same treatment... great channel nontheless...
      Their was a brilliant free english movie channel from a few years back I used to watch that played loads of Blaxploitation,70's crime flicks, explotation stuff... Can't remember what it was called but it put on all the Pam Grier movies, Black Caesar etc. Lotta bronson movies like The Mechanic, mr.Majestyk etc. The Outfit with Robert Duvall, the Driver ... loadsa good shit... it was only around for a year or two tho' then it dissapeared.
    • November 13, 2008 11:50 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

TCM is pretty amazing...uncut, commercial-free movies in letterbox...FOR FREE (if you have cable)...it's like free film school. Billy Liar is great...young Julie Christie...ooooooooohhhhhhh!
    • November 13, 2008 11:44 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Turner Classic Movies is the best channel on television, hands down. I love it so much. I've got Suspiria set up to DVR along with Billy Liar following shortly thereafter (British New Wave I've never seen because, to my knowledge, it's out of print, at least in the states), This Sporting Life on Tuesday, Diabolique later in the month, so on, so forth.. TCM Underground I always forget about, but recently getting DVR will alleviate this problem. I'm not a big horror geek, but I have caught some good stuff. Mudhoney comes to mind. That was a few years ago.
    • November 12, 2008 7:57 AM CST
    • Untitled

I've been burning some of those movies, like "2000 Maniacs". I think this series was a long time overdue, but yeah it's the greatest.
    • November 12, 2008 12:47 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Sounds awesome! If only I had TCM. :(

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel