Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Best garage fests?!?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 8, 2013 1:40 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The only festival I ever went to was the one that Little Steven put together on Randall's Island. I had a great time, in spite of the weather and the technical difficulties.

Quite honestly, I'm not a big fan of festivals, mainly because you're totally at the mercy of the weather.

• January 7, 2013 11:18 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Any new info on this? Are there any new garage/fuzz festivals that have popped up in the last five years since this board started?

• January 7, 2013 10:06 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

PONDEROSA  STOMP.

• August 1, 2008 12:12 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Two in the USA:

THE BLOW OUT in Los Angeles & BUDGET ROCK SHOWCASE in Oakland/San Francisco!
    • July 31, 2008 1:32 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Gutter Island! Vordingborg, Denmark, every other summer in the end of august. This year 22-23 aug. Can´t beat it... THE best one Hosted in an old fort, excellent lineup every time and the best of crowds. The funniest thing to attend since Rotterdam Rumble closed down
    • July 31, 2008 9:07 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

don't forget the vulcan days in rimini in september!!!! www.mods.it
    • July 29, 2008 7:37 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

anything in the states? what about GonerFest? always a cool lineup of bands you didn't know you needed to hear...

does anyone know if Cavestomp happening again this year?
    • July 29, 2008 7:20 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

.....And we cant forget the fabulous Festival Beat in Italy! This Festival has been going strong for 15 years or so around the Piacenza and Parma area. For the last few years the festival has been held in a small town called Salsomaggiore in Emilia Romagna, Parma. Nearly every touring European garage-type band has eventually played there as well as many American bands new and old (or should I say legendary). The Festival Beat is 4 days (Thursday-Sunday) of non-stop stimulation with a pool party in the afternoon with DJ's and drinking then at six o'clock or so it's off to the pub for a few live bands and DJ's and more drinking. The main acts play on Friday and Saturday nights (4 or 5 bands a night with only 10 Euro entrance charge!!!) at a large open air park with food, drinks, and record and vintage clothing stalls. After the bands there is of course dancing until the pool party starts up again. I have been to the Festival Beat three times. Twice playing in a band and once as a party-goer and unlike a lot of 'scene' oriented festivals people are totally open and mixed and extremely sociable and up for having a great party and not criticizing you for not wearing the right kind of Beatle boots. The organization is flawless (for Italy that is really saying something) and the festival crew is partying right along with all the rest of the bands and the public. If you haven't been there start making your arrangements for next year. FESTIVAL BEAT http://www.myspace.com/festivalbeat

• July 25, 2008 5:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Dude,
      For me this year absolutely Sjock festival in Gierle. With 2 of mine all time favorites The Monsters and The Sonics. I did not know what to expect from a bunch of granddadios, but The Sonics where absolutely fantastic. It 's not about age or trendy outfits or fucking hyped by todays music industries, it's all about a bunch of good songs well preformed by their makers.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel