Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Continental U.S.
  • Topic: MOVIE STAR JUNKIES (Italy) U.S.TOUR 2008

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 24, 2008 7:12 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

MOVIE STAR JUNKIES(A fistful of records/Nasty Prod/Perpetrator) from Italy are gonna tour west coast in late oct 2008. for any info/contacts/suggestions please write to: soulvixen@hotmail.com if you got some good contacts for clubs,or mails please send us also on myspace:www.myspace.com/moviestarjunkies hope to see you soon! love ste ""i must admit that i didn't pay much attention when i first got this debut 7 by this italian band called movie star junkies,what in my (prejudging)eyes seemed to be euroblivians band nr.3791,not bad,but nothing to wet my bed over either...i probably gave it a few spins at the wrong moment when i wasn't in the right mood and continued with the file away proceedings...Turned out i couldn't have been more wrong because after their mindblowing performance at the pit's (it doesn't happen often that 10/15 people in the audience end up playing the band's instruments including sax and keyboards).i found myself turning my record bins upside down,drooling,shivering and incoherently mumbling like some las vegas wino,in a desperate search for the damn thing...but when i finally retrieved it and the needle hit the grooves it all proved to have been worthwhile...a-side dolls come in is a slow,moody,mean floor crawlerreminding you of about everything negative or dark sounding record in the crypt catalog,but without leaving me with the possibility to refer to this or that band...desperate vocals,moaning organ,trashy distorted guitar....you've been there so you feel at home but still...b-side garsin continues in the same vein,only a little less prominent.keep your eyes peeled folks,this was my live surprise of 2007 so far and i really think we're onto something here." sam geerts -up yours magazine -belgium. "the fucked up attitude of movie star junkies reminds bands such demon's claws and the black lips,and the early cramps too.you can easily feel it seeing them live or listening to this second 7 inch on nasty prodict(france)called dialogue between zachary swenson and timothy leary.moreover their music is a weird mix of no fi and obsessive sounds,like an old rockabilly record on a broken record player repeating the same tunes ad infinitum.we got to follow them."claudio sorge -rumore magazine- italy "here we are with the second limited edition tape from the underground roman label no fi recordings.these movie star junkies seems to be ready to go down to the deepest and darkest side of rock n roll,with a claustrophobic sound that clarely reminds the scientists and the birthday party,you can easily find the influence of these 2 bands listening to black caraibi,requiem pour un con,subliminal man .the visionary s/t and the kinda n.y.sound the sink song are enough realise how unique this band is in the italian music scene."fabio polvani-blow up magazine-italy "Sleeve comes hand-screened, hand-numbered, garage-de-luxe stylee!!! Dirty'n' loud stuff from Turin, Italy. A great debut full of Chrome Cranks, Scientists, Suicide, dope, angry vocals, illness, dope, bloody chords, dope, gloomy moods, and dope…awesome! Shake Your Ass records-italy "Sleeves comes hand-screened, hand-numbered, garage-de-luxe stylee!!! Straight outta the Italian Alps come Movie Star Junkies. Not many will have heard from these guys but they did do a UK-tour already ! Their songs are all Farfisa-drenched-madness, it sounds like they drank just a bit too much of that Suicide/Scientists-potion and are freaking out on it. At the same time they won't deny their mountain-village backgrounds, I mean places where people still rape pigs and eat them afterwards.hell, what more do you need to know, huh ? Anyway, you won't get it any Bruttier, Sporchier and Cattivier than from these guys!"soundflat distribution-germany

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel