Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Who´s your favorite python?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 23, 2008 10:14 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Monty Python - The Flying Circus. I know the´re all amazing and as a group so tightly knitted package of essential comedy treasuries. But however, if you have to choose one of them, the one you identify the most, who´d that´ll be?

In my case it had to be a tie between Michael Palin or John Gleese. Both were stars in the film "Fish called Wanda", is that a co-incident or what? Michael Palin might win my vote because of his traveling series where he´s narrator as well the leading explorer. It´s not comedy per se but more like an enjoyable and funny doc-com where his sense of humor put together with exciting places...is ah, well appreciated.
    • August 2, 2010 3:19 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

That's based on the films. Never watched the show.
    • August 2, 2010 3:17 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Graham Chapman or Eric idle. Probably Chapman, brilliant in The Holy Grail, pissed out of his skull for the whole shoot too. And he gave probably probably the greatest ever "fuck off" in the history of film in Life of Brian. So yeah, Chapman.
    • August 2, 2010 2:42 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Eric Idle!
    • January 9, 2010 4:43 PM CST
    • Untitled

It was Eric Idle, but then I found out what a dick he was to Neil Innes over The Rutles and a switched to Michael Palin instead. Terry Jones used to be one of the more annoying ones for me, but then I discovered he was also one of the smartest and knew History pretty well too. John Cleese is OK, but tends to be a bit too smarmy for me. He was also the first quit the TV show too. I like Terry Gillaims animations, but he is a bit to anal in his directing habits on most of his films. Ever see the "Hamster Factor" documentary about "12 Monkeys"? His animations crack me up though.
    • August 29, 2009 12:38 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Eric Idle is THE man!
    • June 2, 2008 7:33 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It's all but impossble to pick a favorite on the merits of the tv show and python films, you couldn't possibly favour one on comic talent (Graham Chapman might just get my vote...)

On post-python output though, as good as they've all been (Idle maybe to a lesser extent) I've got to go for Terry Gilliam, to my mind one of the greatest working directors
    • March 28, 2008 3:20 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I think Eric Idle for me. I can't say too much about his stuff outside of Monty Python, but I'm pretty sure he makes me laugh the most in Flying Circus... tough choice though.
    • March 23, 2008 11:35 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

yeh they,re both really funny, they were both in the film Feirce Creatures which is a must to watch if you find those films funny. Also the film Clockwise, with John Cleese is another really funny film.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel