Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Post your Twitter links!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 15, 2009 6:07 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It's at the bottom of the screen now... click the arrow to pop it out. Ron said:
      Speaking of chat, where did ours go?

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• March 15, 2009 5:52 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Speaking of chat, where did ours go?
    • March 14, 2009 11:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I think I agree with... "The self Masterbation", that's actually a good qoute. The thing about twitter is the speed of it. Your in and out. I've read alot of babbles back and forth amoung people on twitter, tons of self promotion and... self Masterbation. This new world is all about me... Me, me, me. What can you do for me. We are becoming more and more Vain with our teckno gadgets. We talk back and forth but nobody really knows anybody But, it is fun... for now Blaine said:
      Michael Kaiser said:
      At least two responses to that statement:

Either

1. You signed up for an account and followed the wrong people

2. You have no idea what Twitter is for, and have only heard Whoopie Goldberg's take on it - because you said almost exactly what she said, which is a convenient and typical canned response.

Either way, thanks for not using it.

Blaine said:
      kopper said:
      Too cool for Twitter, eh Blaine?

Blaine said:
      Oh god. Seriously people?

Yeah, pretty much. Who gives a shit about what people are doing, it's boring. You're eating yogurt and you're glad it's friday. Woopie!

Wow, you and kopper really dig this website eh? Well, that's fine. I already use 2 social networking websites and I don't see why i would need a third. I don't see anything new on the table but, whatever. I'm sure there are some people promoting cool shit on their twitter page but, I went as far as clicking some of the links on this thread and saw a lot of self masterbation. Sure I might be missing out on what twitter is really all about. Can I live with that? I think I can. To each their own, right?

p.s. I paraphrased Whoopie Goldberg? From the View? Wicked.
    • March 14, 2009 11:32 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I just started using it. lots of podcasts are ranting on it now so I checked it out. It's pretty cool for one liners and maybe rampant thought but everytime I type something political I loose all my followers so... I guess this means I should stay away from politics, lol but it is pretty cool. The last thing I posted was somewhat of a qoute and it went kinda like this... "Make up your mind and know what you want. If you don't you will fall to suggestion" besides, who wants to be a here and there anyways follow me at www.twitter.com/earlclifton if you don't like some of the things I say just delete me from your list of "following" you'll feel good about it when you do. It will make you feel like you have a little power over a nobody like me...
    • March 13, 2009 10:47 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

On a side note. I am currently joining blip.fm
    • March 13, 2009 10:35 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Michael Kaiser said:
      At least two responses to that statement:

Either

1. You signed up for an account and followed the wrong people

2. You have no idea what Twitter is for, and have only heard Whoopie Goldberg's take on it - because you said almost exactly what she said, which is a convenient and typical canned response.

Either way, thanks for not using it.

Blaine said:
      kopper said:

Blaine said:

Yeah, pretty much. Who gives a shit about what people are doing, it's boring. You're eating yogurt and you're glad it's friday. Woopie!
      Wow, you and kopper really dig this website eh? Well, that's fine. I already use 2 social networking websites and I don't see why i would need a third. I don't see anything new on the table but, whatever. I'm sure there are some people promoting cool shit on their twitter page but, I went as far as clicking some of the links on this thread and saw a lot of self masterbation. Sure I might be missing out on what twitter is really all about. Can I live with that? I think I can. To each their own, right? p.s. I paraphrased Whoopie Goldberg? From the View? Wicked.
    • March 13, 2009 3:20 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

At least two responses to that statement: Either 1. You signed up for an account and followed the wrong people 2. You have no idea what Twitter is for, and have only heard Whoopie Goldberg's take on it - because you said almost exactly what she said, which is a convenient and typical canned response. Either way, thanks for not using it. Blaine said:
      kopper said:

Blaine said:

• March 13, 2009 2:49 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

No. But that doesn't mean it's not useful. Did you read the thread? Blaine said:
      so.....is this your website?

• March 13, 2009 12:25 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

so.....is this your website?
    • March 13, 2009 12:14 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah, and well, that's not what it's all about, either. It's people interacting with each other, and following interesting shit. It's a helluva lot more than just "what you're doing"... but you'd know that if you actually took the time to check it out. Blaine said:
      kopper said:

Blaine said:

• March 13, 2009 12:12 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

kopper said:

Blaine said:
    • March 12, 2009 10:57 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Too cool for Twitter, eh Blaine? Blaine said:

• March 5, 2009 9:36 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• March 3, 2009 12:48 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

http://twitter.com/steveterrell I already see a buncha you guys there. I also do the Blip.fm thing, for which I blame some of my friends in the Hideout. (You know who you are.)
    • March 2, 2009 8:26 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Just in case yer really fuckin' bored of yer life and wanna read about my minutiae, ya can now catch my dumbass on Twitter Dig it.
    • December 26, 2008 12:41 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yup, I'm there now - of course (I get sucked into these things mighty easily). Here: http://blip.fm/michaelkaiser Thank the technical magicians for FriendFeed, so's I can almost keep track of all this stuff! Me on FriendFeed: http://friendfeed.com/michaelkaiser *Phew* kopper said:
      Has anyone checked out Blip.fm (not to be confused with Blip.tv, which is a different company/service entirely) yet? It's a lot like Twitter... Here's me: http://blip.fm/kopper
    • December 24, 2008 11:09 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Has anyone checked out Blip.fm (not to be confused with Blip.tv, which is a different company/service entirely) yet? It's a lot like Twitter, but you can actually post songs, DJ-style, for others to hear. And their database is pretty frickin' amazing. I've been finding a lot of stuff I've searched for, and some (like Mike Rep & the Quotas) is pretty damned obscure. Also, if you want your music featured there, read this: How do I get my music to show up in the search results? In a perfect world we would have every song from every band ever, and we’re working on that, but for now there’s a chance that your music isn’t in our database. If you have music that you would like to make available for others to blip, you can save URLs to music otherwise not hosted. First, create an account (or log in if you already have one), then click the “Settings” link in the top right corner and click “Music” (link: http://blip.fm/settings/music). From there you can enter in as many urls to songs as you would like and we’ll save them for you and they will be accessible from our search. If you are an artist or label and would like us to host your content (e.g., because your content isn’t hosted anywhere else), you can contact us at artists@blip.fm, providing your name and full contact information, as well as a list of the content you represent; requests will be considered on a case by case basis. NOTE: It’s a good idea to make sure the ID3 tags are in order, we plan to use them quite a bit. Here's me: http://blip.fm/kopper

• July 11, 2008 4:04 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ping lets you check off the sites that you want updated (I post to Twitter, Plurk, Facebook and my personal Myspace page), and you can choose micro-blog or update for any post. Actually, Twitter and Plurk are considered "updates" instead of micro-blogs. At least with my set-up. It took a couple tries to get it right. Then I installed the Ping.fm widget for the iGoogle page, and post from there!

Combine that widget and the "BeTwittered" widget on iGoogle and yer set!
    • July 11, 2008 3:55 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

So you figured out how to post to both thru Ping.fm? How d'ya do it?

• July 11, 2008 3:52 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Actually, I like Plurk better! Even though I post pretty much the same exact nonsense on both, thanks to Ping.fm.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel