Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Anyone know any good current UK garage bands?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 19, 2012 6:59 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Len Price 3!

Check out their album Rentacrowd for starters, and check out their live shows!

• October 17, 2012 1:41 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

All the bands I was going to mention from Scotland are on Kopper's list! The Thanes, Les Bof! Los Tentakills (of whom Al Hotchkiss is a part), Creeping Ivies and Acid Fascists (although they've currently mutated into Geek Maggot Bingo). They're all good; we've played with all of them!

D.

• October 16, 2012 6:21 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Have you seen Bourbon Army ?  I saw them earlier in the year on my way back to the states from Amsterdam. Took the boat down the river and spent a couple nights in London.

www.reverbnation.com/bourbonarmy

• October 16, 2012 5:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There are loads of bands playing around the Uk. Check out my band The Hi Class Joes from Bristol, MFC Chicken and King Salami from London, Les Bof and the Brutes from Scotland. The Staggs from Wigan and the Romleys from Liverpool, The Arousers from Oxford, and everyones faves The Masonics who still gig regulary. 

• October 16, 2012 9:12 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Snakeman 3 are good friends of ours and I'd highly recommend them! We're playing with them in November so it might be the same gig!
    • October 16, 2012 9:10 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Snakeman 3 are playing in November - they got back to me, so am gonna check it out...I've now got a TON to get on with - thanks a lot guys!

• October 15, 2012 12:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Come and listen to The Mobbs! There's some songs on our profile here or links to all the social networky things on www.themobbs.co.uk

x

• October 15, 2012 10:43 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Have a look at a band called the Witches from Brighton on FB, bit darker and psychy, they're also on tour soon. As above with Dirty water, all I posted was what I'd bought recently, the Dustaphonics album is excellent. Snakeman 3 were in France for a week and are trying to finish their new single so probably wont be playing again for a while, check out the Fallen Leaves, their guitarist was in the Subway Sect, they regularly play at a club night in Hackney, name of which escapes me now but they have a couple of albums out. Not English but Acid baby jesus are also excellent, their album was played a lot by me. And the Embrooks need to be checked if only for Jack!

And for a lovely bit of psychyshoegazing look for the Koolaid electric company, Untitled is ace!

Blimey! Bit of a ramble there, it's me age!!

• October 15, 2012 10:29 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Nice one guys - knew this was a good idea.  I've got more than enough to sink my teeth into now.  Thanks again. Will check these out and feedback

PS: anyone with other recommendations are always welcome!

• October 15, 2012 9:32 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There are quite a few really great UK-based bands included on the Hideout Comp Series. The Thanes, The Creeping Ivies, Pussycat & the Dirty Johnsons, The Parents, The Past Tense, Lot Lizards, Les Bof!, The Blue Giant Zeta Puppies, Rattlin' Bone, Los Tentakills, Atomic Suplex, Mutants of the Holocaust, One Fathom Down, The Mourning After, Agent Twang, Acid Fascists, and Al Hotchkiss are all from either England or Scotland.

And yeah, like Dave said, check out Dirty Water Records. They're one of our advertisers here, too, and offer a discount in their store for Hideout members.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• October 14, 2012 10:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Check out the Dirty Water label.

• October 14, 2012 6:27 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

OK, liking the hypnotic eye, although a bit tamer than I'd like. I'm gonna go check them out soon, they look like they are playing a fair bit.  Wasn't so keen on the Wicked Whispers, or Higher State, but Snakeman 3 sound pretty fun, found a live video on Youtube, and might have to go searching for them.... have emailed them to see when they are touring next.

If anyone is in my postion, have also found a band that look very cool: The Dustaphonics.  Sadly, I just missed them playing on Friday - plus am out of the country on the 25th, so may have to wait until after decemeber... still, it's a start.

Anyone know anything else, perhaps something a little more garage punk

• October 14, 2012 4:02 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Lovely,

Bit late to check it now, but will do soon. Thanks for the response :)

• October 14, 2012 3:25 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Tyler, check out the Hypnotic Eye, their single Marianne is on youtube, great stuff, the Wicked Whispers are a bit more jangly but have a new single out as well. Check out Mole on here, he's in the Higher State but put's out other stuff as well, Mole was also in the Mystreated and the Embrooks. Snakeman 3 are another good band, better live than the album but should have a new single out soon. 

Hope this gives you something to start with?

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel