Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: The Zombies tour

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 23, 2008 5:21 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi,

The Zombies are playing here in Galway next month as part of the 40th Anniversary of Oddessey & Oracle tour. Tickets are a bit steep at nearly €30, so I was wondering if anyone had seen them on previous dates on this tour and if they are worth seeing.
      Practically all the 60s bands I've seen over the past few years have been piss poor, mostly just too old to cut it anymore, are The Zombies any different?
    • January 31, 2008 2:46 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Please do write reports or start a thread with comments/opinions if you attend these type concerts, they are useful and fun for the rest of us who couldn't make it. Thanks !
    • January 23, 2008 6:21 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks for the reply.

I agree with you regarding seeing 60s bands but some are just plain dreadful (The Action, The Creation) while others can still give a decent performance (The Remains), the rest I've seen were just ok (e.g. Music Machine, Monks etc though they got fantastic reviews from others at the same gig I was at!)
      I have the same feeling about seeing The Sonics. I'm going to Le Beat Bespoke more in hope than expectation, despite the rave reviews from Cavestomp, if they aren't good there are still enough good bands on the bill to more than make the ticket price worthwhile.
      I doubt very much that Galway will be included in a Zombies tour with The Yardbirds, very few acts come here. I enjoyed The Yarbirds when I saw them last year but they probably should be called From The Yardbirds!
    • January 23, 2008 6:13 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I never really get the mentality of people expecting these types of shows to completely blow your mind or even come close to shows that get hyped in recent years with high & heavy production. Most of the time, you're lucky to be pleasantly surprised seeing older groups and all the better if the band actually exceeds your expectations. It's not like any group is going to sound or pull off a show like they would in their prime. They have more problems, 40+ years later from the age & health aspect to stamina and the normal technical difficulties.

The Zombies still pull off a good show, think it was 2002 when I saw them. Quite some time ago. 1967 it ain't & still I don't think you'll be disappointed. Nobody can tell you if you're going to get your monies worth because all of our standards are different. I'm happy shelling out the dough to hear the music & songs I love and to physically see the groups in a live atmosphere before it's too late.

P.S. You could hold off until May to see them on tour with the Yardbirds (Chris Dreja, Jim McCarty, Ben King, John Idan and Billy Boy Miskimmin) or when they unite with KISS for a special performance of "God Gave Rock & Roll To You".

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel