Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Continental U.S.
  • Topic: Oh shit, son! Great idea!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 14, 2007 2:47 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I just thought about this.
      From now on when we post our shows and other faggot shit up on here we should put the city name as the title. It'll look kinda dumb saying "Brooklyn at Southpaw" but at least it's a little easier to find things in your own city, especially when there are so many clubs with the same names and so many small bars and random places that hold shows.
      This is just me sayin' it, so nobodies gotta listen, but I think I'm a pretty smart guy and this sounds like a pretty good idea.
    • January 29, 2008 1:15 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

awww shucks
    • January 18, 2008 4:37 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I hate you so much sometimes...
    • January 18, 2008 3:22 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Good idea Charles, I think you can be pretty smart too, but since you didn't write what city you were referring to in the subject line I don't know where your post is taking place
    • January 11, 2008 11:52 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah, I ditched the iCal idea myself. I actually tried it out first, and couldn't get it to work as well integrating it into this site as the Upcoming.org calendar groups, which are actually pretty cool, and I was able to pipe the RSS feed into feedburner and have it display the events in the order in which they're happening (as opposed to the order in which they were posted), and that's what is appearing at the top of every regional group on here. Anyway, if people actually add their shows and stuff to that calendar group on Upcoming, then it can work great. And yeah, putting the city name (or at least an abbreviation like "NYC") will help, too.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• November 18, 2007 7:39 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Gotcha.
    • November 17, 2007 4:19 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The reason it would say "Brooklyn at Southpaw" is because when you create an event name it places that in front of the venue when it is posted. Let's say that Don Pedro is having an event and let's name the event "ABC." When th event is posted on here it would read, "ABC at Don Pedro." The city and state are not visible in these posts. I was suggesting that we name all of our events whatever city they are taking place in. That way the city name is visible when looking through the list.
      Thank you.
    • November 17, 2007 8:27 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I think "Southpaw in Brooklyn" sounds better, but maybe Brooklyn - Southpaw will make it easier for people reading it. I'm also working on an iCal calendar right now for cool events in the NYC/NJ/CT area, but I'm having some problems. Here it is: http://ical.mac.com/blairb/Concert%20Calendar It's hardly complete, but I do have some questions for anyone who has knowledge of iCal: 1) How can I get it to go to month view automatically? Although I could just give you this URL - to send you straight to month view, that seems like a pain in the ass. 2) Despite the fact that I put the URL in the designated field in iCal itself, that information isn't shown when you click on an event in the published version of the calendar. Is there some way to get it in there or do I have to go through the entire thing and put the info in the Note field instead?
    • November 14, 2007 6:16 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Exactly.
    • November 14, 2007 3:39 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah whatever fucktard...

No, actually you're right. Now all I gotta do is find some people to start a band with, write some songs, practice a little, try and get a gig and then I'll be able to make my own posts with the city name as the title.

Fuck yeah, I can't wait!!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel