Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Kinks to reform?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 2, 2014 3:22 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

RAY ELUDED TO THIS SAME THING , A FEW MONTHS AGO....OF COURSE , HE'S ELUDED TO IT MORE THAN ONCE.

BEFORE DAVE HAD HIS STROKE , THERE WAS CASUAL TALK OF A REUNION , BUT , NOW , THEY'RE BOTH SAYING IT'S A POSSIBILITY.

I NEVER SAW THE KINKS. I REMEMBER THEY CAME THRU IN 1981 , BEFORE THE MEGA - FAME THAT HAD ELUDED THEM IN THE STATES . I TRIED TO TALK MY BROTHER INTO GOING (HE HAD A CAR.). HE DID'NT WANT TO GO BECAUSE WE'D JUST SEEN THE LIVE 'ONE FOR THE ROAD" SHOW ON TV. I WANTED TO SEE THEM FOR THAT VERY SAME REASON !!! THEY PROBABLY PLAYED TO 5000 PEOPLE , IF EVEN. AFTER "COME DANCING" AND STUFF , THEY WERE PLAYING TO 19,000.

IF THEY REFORM AND ACTUALLY TOUR , THEY'LL PLAY TO TENS , IF NOT HUNDREDS , OF THOUSANDS A THROW. GOOD FOR THEM , IF IT HAPPENS. BUT , I'D HAVE RATHER SEEN THEM PLAY THEIR EXTENDED ENGAGEMENTS/DRINKING PARTIES IN THE 70'S ,WERE I OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE.       I SAW RAY DO HIS SOLO SHOW , TWICE , FIVE YEARS APART , AND BOTH SHOWS WERE EXACTLY THE SAME , EXCEPT IN THAT HE OMITTED "DAVID WATTS' , THE HIGH POINT OF THE FIRST SHOW , WHEN I SAW HIM THE SECOND TIME. HIS HEART WAS JUST NOT IN IT (THO' SEEING IT THE FIRST TIME WAS GREAT.) . THEN , I SAW HIS FIRST SOLO TOUR WITH A LIVE BAND. IT WAS COOL , HE DID A FEW ODDBALL CUTS , BUT.......IT WAS A BIT TOO "ADULT CONTEMPORARY" FOR MY PERSONAL TASTES.  I HEARD THE NEXT TOUR WAS BETTER. 

BUT , I SAW DAVE IN ABOUT 2001, AND HE KILLED IT. ALL PUNK AS FUCK HARD - ROCKIN' KINKS KILLERS (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A LOVELY "DEATH OF A CLOWN")....I JUST THOUGHT , MAN , YOUR BROTHER NEEDS YOU. Y'KNAAAA?      I SAW DAVE RECENTLY , AND HE'S DOING SO WELL. Loses his place , sometimes , too much guitar hero spunk , sometimes , but , it was still a very good show. Even if I preferred the Yobbo  Rock he was doing before his stroke.   OF COURSE , it's really down to The Brothers, but , if Mick signs on , Ray suggested that the other members of Kastoff Kinks ( Kinks tribute band madeup of past members of the group.) could help fill the gaps.            We'll see.

• January 5, 2014 2:38 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Another promising quote from Dave's Facebook... (note the choice of song he's included...)

"Dave Davies
      London, United Kingdom · 2,169 followers
      Me and my girlfriend had a nice vegetarian curry with my Ray and his girlfriend the other night. We had a lovely evening-It was a wonderful way to kick off a new year! Happy 2014 everyone Love, Dave"

The Kinks  Wait Till Summer Comes Along Kinda Kinks

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel