Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: October/ Halloween!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 11, 2014 4:08 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

What's everybody doing for Halloween?

Personally I will be dressing up like Ace Frehley (full costume!) and going to a friend's party. 

That is what I will be doing Halloween night. However, October is my favourite month of the year. It has my birthday and Halloween—plus Fall is my favourite season of the year. Oh yeah and here in Canada, Thanksgiving is celebrated in October.

So needless to say, I spend the entire month celebrating. I will be watching horror movies all month long. Classics, b-movies, slashers,…etc. Watched all three Evil Dead flicks last night!

I’m also going to see Satan and Midnight Crisis play on the 18th and the next night King Diamond. I know there’s probably not much appreciate for metal in these parts, but…I don’t know any garage punk Halloween types shows happening this month…so

Got a pumpkin today. Going to carve it up soon!

Lot’s of rambling here and not a very concise topic, so feel free to run with whatever.

• October 11, 2014 4:51 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Matt , I have'nt decided what I'm going to do for a costume. I may go as Svengoolie , The Chicago Horror Host (Not Richard Koz , who plays him , now , but , the late Jerry G. Bishop, who played him in the 70's. I was The Truly Svengoolie 10 or 12 years ago.....). 

We're going to have a lot of Horror Film shows and Festivals.I saw Vincent Price's Daughter , Victoria , do a lecture and slide show , last week.     Still looks pretty lame for live shows.

We usually have local bands do "Tribute" shows. Usually weak as last month's tea. I met a guy who was lining up (Get this !) an Alice Cooper - Dead Moon - Suicide , and The Horror Rockin' Horror Rock KING , Roky Erickson tribute show. I told him , I've GOT to be part of this , and offered to meet and bat about ideas , and even audition , if need be. He told me later all the musicians bailed on him , so the show is off.

I'm not totally down on Metal , it depends on your definition , I suppose. Obviously , people consider Alice to be Metal..and even when his career was reborn during the cheeseball Metal '80's , some of that stuff was'nt bad , and I was just glad to see him jump - starting his career , again. He's still making good albums and blowing the likes of Motley Crue off the motherfucking stage. 

• October 12, 2014 11:19 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm going as Benjamin Frankenstein, and I'm right there with ya on October being the greatest month of the year. I've been running a Halloween playlist all month, lots of Misfits and Ramones and Sonics. It's gonna suck when Halloween's over and we have to wait another eleven months.

• October 13, 2014 3:23 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Its my birthday on Halloween, where I will be performing unholy inverted acts of blasphemous magic. Apart from that, I'll hopefully be celebrating my first three figure fee for a project I've been helping out on (royalties are coming my way too).
    • October 13, 2014 4:05 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

I forgot about Halloween tribute shows. Me and some friends have done the Viletones a few times and we decided to do it again this year. It's pretty fun set to play. Did Black Flag many years back, which was also fun to do. There's another tribute show happening in a week or so. Various local bands are doing groups, but the one I am excited about is the Motorhead tribute group!

Today is Thanksgiving in Canada. I'm actually American living in Canada. I have a neighbour couple which is comprised of one American and one Canadian. We had dinner (and lots of drinks) with them last night. We will do this again in November for the American Thanksgiving!!!

Chris, you have the best birthday date ever! My birthday is the 20th, my sister's and my aunt's are the 30th. My dad, uncle, and mother-in-law all have birthdays this month too. Lots of celebrating.

Oh and  Benjamin Frankenstein is a fabulous costume idea!

• October 13, 2014 5:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

....THE ONLY HALLOWEEN TRIBUTE BAND SHOW i participated in , previously was when my friend's old band , THUNDERWING , performed as The MC5. THEY ASKED ME TO BE JC Crawford for them.It worked out real well. Those guys did the impossible and NAILED The MC5's sound down..... Another band played The Alice Cooper Group. They looked EXACTLY like them , but , they were'nt very good.

A Viletones tribute , that's too cool. You could do "Screamin' Fist" with a pinata - " HIT ME HARD ! HIT ME HARD TIL I BUST !!' or something.

That's so cool , that you can have two Thanksgiving dinners. When I was a child , in Glenview , Illinois , the neighboring town , Wilmette (Where I went to school.) , had Trick or Treats on November 1st. So , if you lived in Glenview , and had a friend in Wilmette whose folks would let you join them for Tricks or Treats , and vice versa , you could go out for candy two days in a row. I never got to , tho'.

My Sister in Law's Birthday is Halloween. When she was preggers with my Niece , I got her a huge orange shirt , and painted a jack -o-lantern face on it , so it looked like her baby bulge was a big pumpkin !

• October 14, 2014 6:28 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I got a couple of former band mates that have a Misfits tribute band, so I'll be checking that out.

Heavy, high-energy rock n' roll! https://thefatalitiesmusic.bandcamp.com/releases

• October 14, 2014 9:08 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

They had a Misfits tribute band at that show that I was on. Obviously , the singer did'nt ''wolf" down Steroids and close the gym every night , so he wore one of those fake plastic "Six Pack Abs" sets people wear when they want to be superheroes for Halloween . HA HA HA. I saw Jerry Only in a Halloween costume , disguised as The Misfits , once.

• October 21, 2014 9:03 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

If in LA join us for Dia de los Muertos on 11/1!

https://www.facebook.com/RedWithPurpleFlashes

• January 21, 2015 11:51 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Just saw this... check out these vintage photos of a Halloween party. Awesome.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/vintage_photographs_of_an_awesome_halloween_party

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• January 22, 2015 8:03 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'VE SEEN THAT FIRST ONE WITH THE FRANKENSTEIN GUY , BUT THAT'S IT. I've been to ONE HALLOWE'EN PARTY IN MY LIFE THAT WAS NEARLY AS COOL AS THAT......Unbelivable. 

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel