Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Battle of the young bands

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 13, 2014 9:05 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Earlier this year, I was interning with the Good Toy Guide and bench raced with someone from Fun Kids Radio about what they did at the British Toy and Hobby Fair. They play child friendly top 40, with the more racy stuff cut out, as well as stuff for toddlers in the daytime. I even suggested a battle of the young bands, saying it would be great to hear kids form a surf band and get a station to showcase what talent they have.

Are there any freakish talents you know of knee high to a grasshopper and what do you make of them? Also, would a kids radio station do this?
    • October 13, 2014 2:49 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

They might , here in the states , Chris , but it'd be all or mostly Mainstream Rock crap.....Still , I'm glad to see kids getting enthusiastic about starting bands. It's very formulaic ,now , the "School of Rock" thing , but , my friend's son is in one of those bands , are they're actually learning about presentation , and the business end of the music. Nothing wrong with that , if they aim to stay with it , later on.

If you're looking at it on a national or international scale , there must be teen and pre - teen bands doing Garage , Surf or Rockabilly as opposed to Alt - Rock or mainstream Metal.

In Austin , Freddie Krc (Roky's former Drummer.) , teaches a School of Rock program , and he's taught kids to do songs like "Pushin' Too Hard" , "You're Gonna Miss Me" and "Two Headed Dog". Some of that turned up on You Tube.

• October 13, 2014 3:08 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

John Battles said:

They might , here in the states , Chris , but it'd be all or mostly Mainstream Rock crap.....Still , I'm glad to see kids getting enthusiastic about starting bands. It's very formulaic ,now , the "School of Rock" thing , but , my friend's son is in one of those bands , are they're actually learning about presentation , and the business end of the music. Nothing wrong with that , if they aim to stay with it , later on.

If you're looking at it on a national or international scale , there must be teen and pre - teen bands doing Garage , Surf or Rockabilly as opposed to Alt - Rock or mainstream Metal.

In Austin , Freddie Krc (Roky's former Drummer.) , teaches a School of Rock program , and he's taught kids to do songs like "Pushin' Too Hard" , "You're Gonna Miss Me" and "Two Headed Dog". Some of that turned up on You Tube.

I really hope there are kids getting into surf, garage, freakbeat, power pop and psych here in Britain. To get enough of it to feature in a regular radio or television programme each week would be a real achievement and make it global. I hope it makes disbeliebers out of kids and breaks someone like Tiny Masters of Today or that Japanese girl who is one of the best surf guitarists in Japan.
    • October 13, 2014 3:33 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"DISBELIEBERS" , THAT'S GOOD.You should patent that. There probably are enough kids in The UK , if their parents are about our age , and turned them on to this stuff.....OR , if their parents hate cool music , and this is the only way they can rebel....

• October 13, 2014 4:42 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

I get paid commissions to come up with this stuff. Shame no one 's been commissioned to come up with a radio or TV. Show for teen and tween garage, psych, freakbeat, Shibuya-Kei or power pop acts . No, I'm not talking about Minipops.
    • October 13, 2014 5:50 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

....OHHHH , CRAP. I forgot the guy's name. I was going to write it down , the Japanese Elvis , Kirao somebody? No..... Well , I'd say keep trying , but , if you're making ANY money to do ANYTHING Rock 'n ' Roll , these days , you're one of the few , the proud......

• October 13, 2014 11:05 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hirao Masaaki . He was the first major R'n'R star in Japan. Ace Records put out the recent re - issues.

Pretty cool. He does a lot of Elvis , Little Richard and originals. I'm not real big on his ballads ,but , it's no big thing. 

• November 15, 2014 4:03 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

This is not far from what I was thinking of:

http://youtu.be/guPWbV4C_QM

But this is closer:

http://youtu.be/zOJTZnxPZK8

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel