Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: The Sonics - Tour 2015!!!!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 22, 2015 8:53 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Sonics have just announced a major US tour in Spring 2015. APRIL 2 - APRIL 26.

Most of the major Northern markets are covered , but , it seems the only  concession to The South will be the two day Viva Las Vegas Massacre (The Sonics ,  the only Garage band latter - day Rockabilly fans seem to recognize , are doing two full sets at The Viva Las Vegas festival . That's great , but , lovin' Rockabilly and not lovin' Garage is like lovin' your Daddy and not your Mama.). 

Better still , most tour dates will be supported by primo screamer , Barrence Whitfield , and the original Savages (Featuring Mark Greenburg , original DMZ Guitarist.), whie Mudhoney opens the first date.

If you've never seen Barrence Whitfield and The Savages , or , even if you have , they will blow your shit away , and , then , of course , The Sonics will give ya some more , like it's 1964 !

Any kid bands wanna get their blocks knocked off by guys their Grandfathers' age ? I did'nt think so.

Ticket info and tour schedule info are at Consequence of Sound (Google  the sonics. 2015 tour , or cosequenceofsound , should be right there.). The Sonics' website is still being rehabbed , so check with consequence of sound. I don't know who's handling the tickets , or how badly we're going to get reamed in "Service charges" , much less what ticket prices are gonna be ,, but , if you're in Chicago , they go on sale FRIDAY , JANUARY 23 !! Possibly some other shows , too. Look it up.

While you're doing that , check out "BAD BETTY" from the upcoming full - length Sonics release.

I met Larry Parypa , briefly. He told me the new album (Then in production.) sounded , to him , like a cross between teh original Sonics and 70's Hard Rock. Not necessarily a bad thing , but , "Bad Betty" sounds like early Sonics meets DMZ/Real Kids !!

• January 23, 2015 1:11 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What are the tour dates/cities?

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• January 23, 2015 1:13 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Also, here's a new track from their forthcoming LP:

https://soundcloud.com/the-sonics/bad-betty

This post was edited by køpper at January 25, 2015 12:31 AM CST

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• January 23, 2015 6:54 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Google sonicstour.2015 - The dates are all listed there. "Bad Betty" is BAAAAAAAAD ! The other proposed album cuts they were doing on the last tour were pretty tuff , too , inc. a savage romp on Ray Charles' "I Don't Need No Doctor" , and new originals that did'nt dissapoint.

• January 25, 2015 12:56 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Steve Terrell informed me that the Savages /DMZ Guitar Player's name is Peter Greenberg.

I knew that , but I was thinking about somebody else. Honest.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel