Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: New Marky Ramone Book

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 23, 2015 1:07 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Marky Ramone Exclusive: Read an Excerpt From 'Punk Rock Blitzkrieg'

The Ramones drummer tells all in his new book 'Punk Rock Blitzkrieg: My Life As a Ramone'

Marky Ramone may not be the last surviving member of the Ramones (he shares that honor with Richie, C.J. and even the short-lived Elvis Ramone), but he is the last man standing to play with the group in their 1970s heyday and he lasted far longer in the band than any of his fellow survivors. His new book, Punk Rock Blitzkrieg: My Life As a Ramone, tells his whole crazy story, from his early days on the CBGB scene as the drummer in Richard Hell & the Voidoids to taking over for Tommy Ramone in 1978 through getting booted from the band for substance abuse issues to his eventual rehiring. Along the way, he played on classic tracks like "I Want to Be Sedated," witnessed countless scenes of madness and acted in the classic film Rock 'n' Roll High SchoolIn the 11th chapter, he writes about the group's tumultuous 1979 recording sessions with Phil Spector. 

Here is an exclusive excerpt:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/marky-ramone-exclusive-read-an-excerpt-from-punk-rock-blitzkrieg-20150107#ixzz3PfmtxSNL 

Marky Ramone

This post was edited by køpper at January 26, 2015 1:11 PM CST

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• January 23, 2015 7:24 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Cool. Well , I hope he'll talk a bit about Dust in his book , too. I've met Marky twice , and he's a standup guy. He told me all about his whole history with Dust , Wayne County , Richard Hell , and , of course , his two stints with The Ramones. Damn ! I wish I could have recorded it. I was'nt expecting him to tell me all this stuff , but , he was just relaxing before the show , in a good mood. He also told me he loved Rock'n'Roll TV shows like "Shindig" and "Where The Action Is".. He LOVES Paul Revere and The Raiders.

I was in touch with him , a little bit , until Dee Dee died. He was'nt taking calls , I guess , unless they were business - related.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel