Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: PONDEROSA STOMP 2015 LINEUP , OTHER INFO , ANNOUNCED.

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 8, 2015 12:23 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

PONDEROSA STOMP 2015 LINEUP , OTHER INFO , ANNOUNCED.

The Ponderosa Stomp (OCT. 1-3rd , Rock'n'Bowl  , New Orleans.) have finally announced (The Majority of) the scheduled musical guests , record show , parties and music forums . TICKET DETAILS AND SPECIAL EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE. The Rock'n'Bowl proved a great facility for the last fest....But , then , there's the matter of the music , itself.  While 2013 (There was'nt a Stomp , last year.) was amply stocked with Garage legends ( The Sonics , The Standells with Johnny Echols from Love , The Sloths , Ty Wagner and The Gaunga Dyns.) , there are no acts listed that fit the bill ,here.....at least , not yet. It's fair to assume the festival's organizers still have a few aces up their sleeves , and that the real ringers have'nt been sorted out.

Now , Steven Tyrell (Thank you for the shout - out on last week's show.) will probably disagree strongly , but , I'm not as geeked up as I'd like to be. 

Standouts from the announced lineup include the mighty , mighty Roy Head (Here's hoping he finally gets to do a full set , this time.) , Irma Thomas , Barbara Lynn (ALWAYS A FESTIVAL HIGHLIGHT.),  Billy Boy Arnold , Mike Waggoner of The Bops (Minnesota Rockabilly legends.) ., J.M. Van Eaton (Sun Records stalwart Drummer , best known for his early work with Jerry Lee.), Warren Storm , James Alexander (Black Rockabilly and Cochran collaborator.), and (Get This ) , Freddy "Boom Boom" Cannon with Los Straitjackets , and Deke Dickerson , so doubt providing his usual tasteful accompaniement to a majority of the artists on hand.

There are bound to be others announced , hopefully in a relatively short time. The Stomp is a great festival , and it draws some of the coolest people you could wish to meet (You're bound to meet someone, if you attend.)

Go to         ponderosastomp.com/concert.php

• May 25, 2015 1:33 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Did I say you were "Geeked Up"? 

At first glance it doesn't look nearly as impressive as 2013's lineup. How can you match The Sonics, The Standells and Swamp Dogg? But maybe you're right and a few more shoes will drop.

• May 25, 2015 7:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Not to mention Chris Montez , The Gaunga Dyns , Charlie Gracie , Johnny Echols , Cyril Jordan , Eve and The EXILES , Deke Dickerson , an all too short appearance by Ty Wagner , and The Sloths (EVEN IF THE SINGERS' HILARIOUS PROP COMIC SCHTICK WENT OVER SOME PEOPLES'HEADS...) and more Soulsingers whose names I've forgotten than you can shake a stick at (All good , pretty much.). 

I JUST DON'T KNOW. IT REMAINS TO BE SEEN.

• Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Not to mention Chris Montez , The Gaunga Dyns , Charlie Gracie , Johnny Echols , Cyril Jordan , Eve and The EXILES , Deke Dickerson , an all too short appearance by Ty Wagner , and The Sloths (EVEN IF THE SINGERS' HILARIOUS PROP COMIC SCHTICK WENT OVER SOME PEOPLES'HEADS...) and more Soulsingers whose names I've forgotten than you can shake a stick at (All good , pretty much.). 

• Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

• Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

• Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

• May 25, 2015 7:33 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Steve , I guess I phrased that poorly. I thought that you might be more geeked up than me , about the lineup , as it stands  , for the next Stomp , but, that was presumptous on my part.

• May 25, 2015 7:42 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

....I deleted the repeated comment from my own H.Q. Sorry if they're still up here.

• June 20, 2015 12:00 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

....THIS WEEK , THEY ANNOUNCED THE ADDITION OF AUGIE MEYER , LEGENDARY VOX KEYBOARD PLAYER FOR THE SIR DOUGLAS QUINTET . AUGIE HAS ALSO COLLABORATED WITH FREDDIE FENDER , SAM THE SHAM , GENE VINCENT , ROKY ERICKSON , JOE "KING"CARRASCO , AND OTHERS.     ALSO JUST ADDED IS ROCKABILLY LEGEND , JOE CLAY . HOPEFULLY , HE'LL GET TO DO A FULL SET. HE'S STILL AN OVER THE TOP PERFORMER.  THE BO - KAYS , LED BY SCOTT BOMAR (IMPALA , '68 COMEBACK , AND MANY HOLLYWOOD SOUNDTRACKS LIKE "BLACK SNAKE MOAN".) WILL ALSO BE PLAYING , JOINED BY MEMBERS OF TEH HI RECORD RHYTHM SECTION.

THERE STILL IS'NT A RINGER OF THE MAGNITUDE OF 2012'S SETS BY THE SONICS OR THE STANDELLS WITH JOHNNY ECHOLS , BUT , HERE'S HOPING THERE'S STILL AN ACE UP THEIR SLEEVE.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel