Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: The Creation - 2002 Live recording

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 27, 2012 9:54 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I just posted this on my blog and thought some here may be interested. It's a 2002 recording from The Beat Kitchen in Chicago. Not sure how widely circulated it is, but if you don't have, it's a pretty nice artifact.

http://greatwhitewonders.blogspot.com/

• July 30, 2012 3:57 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

NOW , i FORGET....i THINK THAT LINE CD HAD RON WOOD , NOT EDDIE PHILLIPS , ON THE COVER. BUT , BACK IN THE PRE - CD DAYS , THERE WERE A FEW EURO COMPS WITH GOOD COLOR PICS.

John Battles said:

MY EX HAD ONE OR TWO ORIGINAL PS 45s (I have "Makin' Time" , but w/o a picture sleeve.)AND COPIED ONE FOR ME....BUT , I GUESS I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THE SCARCITY OF REALLY GOOD PHOTOS.   FOR YEARS , ALL I HAD WAS A LINE COMPILATION FROM GERMANY , WITH A VERY GOOD COLOR PIC. THAT , AND THE RAW 45 REISSUE W/THE PS.

THE UGLY THINGS FEATURE , FROM SEVERAL YEARS AGO , HAD GREAT PHOTOS FROM EVERY LINEUP OF THE GROUP (BARRING THE REFORMATION , IN ,WHAT? '93?, AND AFTER.).

Not that i'm encouraging anyone to use any of them without checking it with Mike.

• July 30, 2012 3:55 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

MY EX HAD ONE OR TWO ORIGINAL PS 45s (I have "Makin' Time" , but w/o a picture sleeve.)AND COPIED ONE FOR ME....BUT , I GUESS I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THE SCARCITY OF REALLY GOOD PHOTOS.   FOR YEARS , ALL I HAD WAS A LINE COMPILATION FROM GERMANY , WITH A VERY GOOD COLOR PIC. THAT , AND THE RAW 45 REISSUE W/THE PS.

THE UGLY THINGS FEATURE , FROM SEVERAL YEARS AGO , HAD GREAT PHOTOS FROM EVERY LINEUP OF THE GROUP (BARRING THE REFORMATION , IN ,WHAT? '93?, AND AFTER.).

Not that i'm encouraging anyone to use any of them without checking it with Mike.

• July 29, 2012 7:36 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I made the cover. Do you know how hard it is to find quality images of the Band? Impossible. Even my comp cds have pretty crap photos.

John Battles said:

THULL ,  Thank you. I wonder who did this clever retooling of,was it "If I Stay Too Long" pic sleeve? It was'nt used to promote the gig , originally . I did one flyer and Steve Krakow from Galactic Zoodissier (New issue out . BIFF , BANG , POW ! Buy this monster , NOW !) did another. You can see mine on my profile , plus , some pics from that two - night mind melter. Actually , I need to put some more up there......

• July 29, 2012 12:10 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

THULL ,  Thank you. I wonder who did this clever retooling of,was it "If I Stay Too Long" pic sleeve? It was'nt used to promote the gig , originally . I did one flyer and Steve Krakow from Galactic Zoodissier (New issue out . BIFF , BANG , POW ! Buy this monster , NOW !) did another. You can see mine on my profile , plus , some pics from that two - night mind melter. Actually , I need to put some more up there......

• July 27, 2012 10:23 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

To Kopper - Yeah , Tony Barber from the (Latter day) Buzzcocks was playing with The Creation at this time...Barber also played in Sham 69 , UK Subs , and reportedly (Tho' he denied it.) The Pork Dukes. In 2001-2 , The Buzzcocks were making plans to reform , after an extended hiatus , so Barber was alternating between The Creation and The Buzzcocks.....Pardon my Rock journalism. I was at the New York show and the two Chicago gigs. They were ON FIRE !!!! 

Trace - I was'nt able to access this recording , but I will try again.

I do know one person who made a top notch audio recording of , I think , the second night , but , I have'nt seen them in a long time , and don't know if they made copies for anyone , except , presumably , the band.

I did hear , recently , The Creation are still gigging on occasion.

• July 27, 2012 10:27 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Cool, thanks for sharing. I saw the Creation the year before (Oct. 2001) at Cavestomp in NYC, a month or so after 9/11. They were fantastic... and, if I remember correctly, they had a member of the Buzzcocks in the band?

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel