Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Roger Corman's "Battle Beyond the Stars"

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 12, 2012 8:06 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There has to be a few Roger Corman fans around here;)  This is my favorite "Star Wars" derivative.  I liked all of the characters, but I especially liked Nestor.

• June 24, 2012 5:57 AM CDT
    • Untitled

Cool, I hadn't come across this one before and figured it would be a naff rip-off. It so isn't! OK the budget for the planet they all live on could have been a bit higher and half of the characters are based directly on Star Wars but the story is really good. And the busty, horny viking alien midget who gets bigger when she's on the planet is a great addition, imagine how much bigger Star Wars sales would have been with that!

• June 20, 2012 11:49 AM CDT
    • Untitled

Being a "Star Wars" fanatic as a kid (I was 6 when it came out), this was pure cheesy fun that I watched over and over on HBO. Having seen enough of "The Waltons" in my household, it was kinda odd to see him in this, but I went with it. George Peppard was great, and at one time, I think there was a rumor that there would be a sequel (back then). That could be possibly due to a TV(?) film project that Richard Thomas was going to star in called "All Quiet On the Western Front". I thought "Cowboy is alive!" After all, did they actually show him die? Didn't his ship crash or something? And how could you forget Sybil Danning? Didn't her star freighter look like a set of fallopian tubes? I remember a soundtrack album was released, maybe from Starlog Records? Could've been a cool toy line at the time...

• June 19, 2012 9:34 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What a  cast....I don't know why I never saw this. As a kid , I probably thought , "This does'nt look as good as "Star Wars" , but , I'd go see it". I mean , I did see "Starship Invasions " , what a turkey , despite the presence of  Robert Vaughn and SIR CHRISTOPHER FUCKING LEE , ALL BOW BEFORE THE BLACK KNIGHT.
      MikeL said:

Glad I jogged your memory:)  I especially liked Robert Vaughn, George Peppard, and John Saxon in their respective roles.  And it had a great theme song.

Rockin Rod Strychnine said:

I forgot all about that one.  So derivative, even in the title.  AND it even features John Boy Walton!

• June 14, 2012 2:39 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Yeah I love this one. I remember another film called Space Raiders which used the score, spaceships, footage and god knows what else from Battle. Roger Corman obviously likes to cut corners.

• June 12, 2012 5:48 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Glad I jogged your memory:)  I especially liked Robert Vaughn, George Peppard, and John Saxon in their respective roles.  And it had a great theme song.

Rockin Rod Strychnine said:

I forgot all about that one.  So derivative, even in the title.  AND it even features John Boy Walton!

• June 12, 2012 4:25 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel