Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Garagepunks and Their Heroes Gotta Eat

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 4, 2012 2:18 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

On my last trip to America, land of the diner, home of the deep dish pizza and bottomless cup of coffee, I happened to be watching a food network on cable and came across this gem -- No Reservations, with a feature on David Johansen!

So, if any of you out there come across articles, vids, interviews, books, or recipes involving Rawk Stahs, please share 'em.  And hey, if your band is on the road, what do you eat? And where?  Got a video camera? Shoot some vid of garagepunks at their local eateries! Anthony Bourdain can't have all the fun, surely!

Mel, who's cooking up a pot o' lentil soup (that uses a whole can-na-beeah, mate).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hs3eVuce5E

• December 20, 2012 6:02 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

So there was this show on IFC a few years ago called Dinner With the Band, that was half performance, half cooking. I saw the one with the Mountain Goats, but apparently there was a Murder City Devils episode and an Andrew W.K. episode too. I know Andrew W.K. isn't garagepunk, but I do appreciate his similarity to the Dictators. He's the next big thing!

Unfortunately it doesn't look like they have many videos of the cooking online, and it doesn't look like it's going to come back on anytime soon. you might be able to buy episodes on Amazon.

• November 26, 2012 6:11 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's so coool! And I was thinking the other day, there's a lotta rock n' rollers who own restaurants too, like Rudy's Can't Fail... Thanks for the linkage!

Grazianohmygod said:

Ooh. I stumbled across a cool site called Food Republic which has an interview column with musicians called "Good Food, Rocks." I found it due to their interview with John Darnielle of the Mountain Goats, but they've also interviewed members of Thee Oh Sees and the Obits.

• November 25, 2012 9:28 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ooh. I stumbled across a cool site called Food Republic which has an interview column with musicians called "Good Food, Rocks." I found it due to their interview with John Darnielle of the Mountain Goats, but they've also interviewed members of Thee Oh Sees and the Obits.

• May 17, 2012 2:14 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ok -- found another one -- this one: glam trash rock and roll legend Alice Cooper at his restaurant. Looks like Anthony B. using his show as an excuse to meet Rock LEGENDS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98IyNF1VqDY

Cool -- man, watching this made me hungry... and wanting to listen to Billion Dollar Babies!

m

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel