Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: The Golden Earrings "Winter Harvest"

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 2, 2012 8:10 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Every now and then even a seasoned sixties rock 'n' roll aficionado stumbles across an album that prompts an internal, "how the frick did I miss THAT one?". (Well, externalized in this instance.) Perhaps it were the prog purples on its front jacket that were off-putting. Could it have been its seemingly twee-littered track listing, including "Impeccable Girl" and "Happy and Young Together"? Whatever. The point is, I've finally traversed the accidental detour- which is not to say I've witnessed pop perfection, not by a long shot. Yet it boasts enough indelible ditties to warrant its proud placement on my buckled shelf between "Friday On My Mind" and The Left Banke. By the way, "Happy and Young Together" is a 12-string crash-and-burn mod blaster lined with lysergic acid. KA-SHPPPAAANNNG!

• May 5, 2013 1:36 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Golden Earrings were a very versatile group , the kind of Pop music that does'nt make my colon clench. They ruled the Dutch scene for years , even if Outsiders , Q65 , etc. were more hard rockin'. I even like "Radar Love" era EARRING and some later stuff , still. To my knowledge , they're still going at it

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel